Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior In the name of Euro

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by snid
I'm glad I don't have any rules to follow when modding my car.

who said there were any rules?

There are just categories that your car gets placed into if it matches characteristics. Many times it's because many people share the same opinions. To assume that people are following a check sheet is silly

Old 10-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ScuderiaMini

and now Rally, remember the days we had to wear flamesuits? Jok you and I.... funny
hahah miss ya dude.

I used to get flamed for having 15's and they are slowly catching on too. Just gotta stick to your own tastes, and eventually the haters will begin to see.

Old 10-15-2006, 04:58 PM
snid
6th Gear
I wasn't trying to be negative. Sorry if it came across that way.

I appreciate a well put together car, not matter what genre it is. I also appreciate a car that is different from the norm.

Old 10-15-2006, 07:41 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
hahah miss ya dude.

I used to get flamed for having 15's and they are slowly catching on too. Just gotta stick to your own tastes, and eventually the haters will begin to see.
Well, you will start seeing me around more often, will get an MC next year for daily driving, and keep modding the GTI.....

Old 10-21-2006, 12:45 PM
goin440
6th Gear
More evolution

Pshop: Shaved boot, shaved OEM 03' Cooper rear bumper.
My opinion: 80/20 - Looks clean but something seems amiss (I like it but it needs developed). I don't know if its the plate missing or the smoothness, but the rear looks empty to the point of almost evil looking. Looks real "europeon" for some reason tho. The bumper; so-so, I think the aero rear with the "ducts" filled would look better--even going so far as to delete the exhuast (run a turn down after the muffler).

As Stock:

Old 10-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
In my opinion, shaving the liscense plate indent is a poor choice. It kills the flow back there.

Euro's dont shave everything possible...just things that get in the way

If you are looking to go euro....lower your car first and look into getting new wheels. A euro should ALWAYS start with suspension and wheels first

Old 10-21-2006, 04:57 PM
snid
6th Gear
In my opinion, shaving the liscense plate indent is a poor choice. It kills the flow back there.

Euro's dont shave everything possible...just things that get in the way

If you are looking to go euro....lower your car first and look into getting new wheels. A euro should ALWAYS start with suspension and wheels first
Sounds an awful lot like rules to me.

I'm just kidding! really!

Old 10-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by snid
Sounds an awful lot like rules to me.

I'm just kidding! really!

cool continue joking...its fine by me

but again, you are missing it. It's just like categories of art. Artists arent following any rules, but they get grouped into categories like cubist, surrealist, etc. There is no doubt that you are able to say...."in order for a painting to be considered a cubist painting it should have X, Y, and Z qualties....". And yet, no artist is being asked to follow certain rules.

Old 10-21-2006, 05:20 PM
thulchatt
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the shaved boot

I don't care what you call it, I like the shaved boot below.
I agree, it looks mean, and very different. Where would the lic plate go?

Originally Posted by goin440
Pshop: Shaved boot, shaved OEM 03' Cooper rear bumper.
My opinion: 80/20 - Looks clean but something seems amiss (I like it but it needs developed). I don't know if its the plate missing or the smoothness, but the rear looks empty to the point of almost evil looking. Looks real "europeon" for some reason tho. The bumper; so-so, I think the aero rear with the "ducts" filled would look better--even going so far as to delete the exhuast (run a turn down after the muffler).

As Stock:

Old 10-21-2006, 09:48 PM
AZMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by thulchatt
Inside on the passenger seat.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:53 PM
flannelhippie
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thulchatt

Likely mounted from the rear tow hook, thats assuming its sill there.:impatient

Old 10-21-2006, 10:56 PM
JCW210
2nd Gear
Zeemax fleck paint 275 bhp (Scotland)

Check out my albums for more of the same on body kits

Old 10-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Konky
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice thread... just posting to keep it in my watched topics

Old 10-22-2006, 12:54 AM
goin440
6th Gear
What I see in "euro style" is a heightened refined sence of fit and finish. Not "in order to be euro, I must shave and smooth or add 'x' part," but instead "in order to go to the next level I must refine." The MINI is euro by birth, however the canvas, IMO, needs stretching to produce a smooth finish worthy of my "euro style" ideals. The purpose of this thread is only intended to brainstorm which corners of the canvas need more stretching than others.

The pshops I'm producing are only ideas floating in my head that I'm putting on paper to show the public in anticipation of community growth. I certainly don't have the means right now to activate my ideas, but those with means might be influenced.

Style classification is based soley on personal taste of the individual. Growth will require ideas to be explored rather than rules to focus and restrict. For now, lets smooth.

Boot part 2 (photo by mbcoops, pshop by me: Aero bumper smooth, exhaust delete, plate relocate, badges removed.) The more I look at the smoothed **** end, the better it looks. Concerning the plate, I tried placing it in different areas and even considered leaving it where it was, but this fit better IMO (recessing it in this location rather than float it).

Old 10-22-2006, 01:53 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by JCW210

Check out my albums for more of the same on body kits
ugh get that disgusting thing out of this thread

Old 10-22-2006, 06:10 AM
glnr13
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this thread is evolving away from euro roots styling...
rally, show 'em what's up

Old 10-22-2006, 10:05 AM
goin440
6th Gear

Between the blue Zeemax CSR kit and the kit above, perhaps the "professionals" can point out the difference. Cause the only thing I've found different are the decals in the windows.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:35 AM
goin440
6th Gear
more pshop refinements

I was curious to see how a hatch lip would look in bringing flow back to the rear. I also took the door handles out because it seemed fitting with this particular style. The chrome around the tailights definently needs to go.

Old 10-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor

Between the blue Zeemax CSR kit and the kit above, perhaps the "professionals" can point out the difference. Cause the only thing I've found different are the decals in the windows.
care to elaborate on the question...not too sure which differences you mean

I would compare that kit that you posted to the aero kit....its just side skirts and slighlty modded bumpers.

Old 10-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Wake|MCS
6th Gear
goin440, that 3-series is not "euro".. europrojektz cars are by no means cars that follow the "euro styling"... the euro in europrojektz only refers to europoean cars.. i personally don't like the euro style too much, but to each their own.. europrojektz ownz!

Old 10-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 02///MCS
goin440, that 3-series is not "euro".. europrojektz cars are by no means cars that follow the "euro styling"... the euro in europrojektz only refers to europoean cars.. i personally don't like the euro style too much, but to each their own.. europrojektz ownz!
yah what he said...europrojecktz (and most porsches/ new bmws) are not included in the euro scene, they are more tuner vehicles.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:03 PM
goin440
6th Gear
yah what he said...europrojecktz (and most porsches/ new bmws) are not included in the euro scene, they are more tuner vehicles.
Thats made more interesting by the fact you posted that pic in "House of Euro" over on m|u.

As far as elaborating differences between the kits; they both utilize the same style. IMO, To knock one would be to knock the other. They both are respectable euros regardless of scene (surealists maybe?). But we're both titled to opinions, and I respect that. But to say there isn't "rules" and then start exclusions, I'm not feeling where your coming from.

Perhaps you could point the euro out on our two rides?

I'll start with one of my influences:

Old 10-23-2006, 08:10 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Thats made more interesting by the fact you posted that pic in "House of Euro" over on m|u.

the euro thread over on m|u ofetn strives away from actual euro cars over to just european cars that we think are hot. So there are a lot of non-euros in there. You will find that some threads over there stray from the original topic

As far as elaborating differences between the kits; they both utilize the same style. IMO, To knock one would be to knock the other. They both are respectable euros regardless of scene (surealists maybe?). But we're both titled to opinions, and I respect that. But to say there isn't "rules" and then start exclusions, I'm not feeling where your coming from.
you think those kits are on the same level?? The lines on the bimmer are executed FAR better. Look at the way the arches flow (from the front view)...they are perfect for the original body lines. Then you have the nasty zeemax kit which is trying to do the same thing but ignoring the original MINI lines. Like it or not, the M3 has some AMAZINGLY aggresive lines in stock form with big broad arches, a square chin-like front bumper, and sharp lines on the side. So to try to fit a kit on an M3 and then to try and fit the same style kit on a "cute" "rounded" "subdued" MINI just isn't going to work which is proven by those pics. The zeemax kit is FAR over the top, and would be nearly impossible to consider euro.

Neither of those are euros, and they never will be. The BMW is a respectable euroPEAN modified car, but it's not "euro". It is way too agressively styled to fit into the euro category.

There aren't rules but there certainly are guidlines. Rules imply that they MUST be followed. And yes, you must meet some guidelines...if not you could consider this car euro despite having a nasty bodykit and fast and furious decals?

Yes, some things exclude you from being euro (big huge wheels, crazy bodykits, neons, f&f graphics). And yes, cars are excluded. But at the same time, a euro would be excluded from the tuner scene and the ricer scene. It's just categorizing of styles. Its like separating people into groups for their clothing style (prep, punk, hippy....etc)

Perhaps you could point the euro out on our two rides?
I'll start with one of my influences:

[/
I'm struggling a little seeing the connection between your current wheels besides the color. To go from small 8-spoke wheels to large 5 spoke wheels is a jump.

I think your wheels obviously (being volks) fall under the japan tuner section. It is possible for big name brands to work as euro wheels. Works wheels have been used before (VS-xx, Equip 01, Equip 03)....but its hard to pull off well and takes work.

Your wheels are definitely hot and look great on your car. But if you wanted to go a more euro route, i would again advise that you lower the car and look for some wider and smaller wheels (16s or 15s) so that you can cut down on tire diameter a little. 17's make it pretty hard to lower, all though they can be pulled off on some euro cars if the wheel is right. 5 spokes are pretty rare in the scene, but not a complete exclusion.

If you want me to point out euro-ness on my car there isn't much (and i never really said there was). Things will change once i finish a deal i have to buy some rare 3 piece euro wheels that are 8 inches wide so that i can stretch some rubber on there.

But things to notice:
-very low
-Smoothed grill surround (subtle mod aimed at smoothing out look without fully debadgind)
-debadged rear
-subtle MCS bumper mod
-small wide wheels with a low offset (15x7 ET35) so that my tires poke out past the fenders

again, STANCE is everything in euro. Most of the cars in the euro scene are lowered and the wheels are pushed out to the sides to really make the car look squat and wide. To get rid of all wheel gap (both up and down AND from inside the wheel well out to the fender)

Old 10-23-2006, 08:25 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Here is an accurate post on 'euro cars' so you can see where I'm coming from....since some of the cars in the thread i sent you too are confusing.

look at this stance....no wheel gap, wheels are right at the fenders Nicely shaved boot like in your p-shops.

same car from the front. Notice how low and simple it is. Stock bodyparts, not much done to it. nice mesh wheels (this is an example of big wheels being pulled off, but he needed air ride to do it):

shaved front bumper, joey-mod lights, badgeless grill, low (bumper on the ground almost)

a very subtle...but absolutely beautiful euro car. Clean, amazing wheels (color matched, multi-piece, deep lip, low offset, out at the fenders, bbs). I say subtle because although it appears that all he did was lower it....the bulb colors were changed, those arent stock headlights, and the sidemarkers, turns, and fogs have been cleared. just lots of little details

again, color matched mutlipiece wheels, good stance, subtle mods

This is about as euro as anyone has seen a MINI (besides maybe Konky's car right now)...unfortunately he was boo'd off of NAM for being different and didnt return
Great stance, deep lip, stretched tires,nothing too flashy...he could have gotten his bumper closer to the ground if he had gone for the 16 inch keskins but this looks nice too.

Look at this stance....perfect

Old 10-23-2006, 09:02 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
some more for fun:

photos from a very good photographer () at one of the biggest euro events on the east side of the country.

and another euro mini (konky's)

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior In the name of Euro