Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Finally have pix of my Palo Uber Scoop!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006 | 10:32 AM
MarioKart
|
Vendor
Originally Posted by mikeg4572
I think Mario is compensating for his small nose.
Do you think I have small nose? ....wink When are coming out here to race?

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 10-26-2006 | 09:03 PM
flannelhippie
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Fireballed Tuls
girl friends come and go... MINIs are forever

Now in my sig.

Old 10-26-2006 | 10:37 PM
ekim
4th Gear
Unless the air that is caught by the scoop is funneled properly it won't work any better than the oem scoop which by the way is fairly efficient.

Old 10-28-2006 | 02:47 AM
herbie hind
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Frodo
Why is it when someone posts information and or photos of their Mini, someone always feels the need to post negitive comments? Why "attack" someone just because they have something on their car that you don't like. If you don't like it, just say its not for your and move on...or better yet see below.

Frodo

"If you can't say something nice...don't say anything at all!"
Mom
(all here hold hands and form the cicle .... okay begin ) cuumbya my lord cuumbya .....

Old 10-28-2006 | 04:17 AM
glnr13
6th Gear
mario, that thing is hideous. dont get the jcw steering wheel. i dont want to be associated w/ you anymore

kidding honestly i think it looks a little too much for the rest of the car since there isnt anything else as aggressive.. you need a front lip to balance it out! or some kind of body kit to bring it together.
maybe a rear diffuser... and/or a FBR wing to go w/ it, plus custom sideskirts, or custom cowl pieces that have the same aggressive lines as the scoop... something to make it more sensible. it looks a little too much like it was just slapped on w/ out regard for the rest of the car.

don't get me wrong, im not dissing it. your baby's a work in progress... i appreciate you showing us the development of your crazy lil machine

Old 10-28-2006 | 04:33 AM
Frodo
3rd Gear
Pace

Originally Posted by herbie hind
(all here hold hands and form the cicle .... okay begin ) cuumbya my lord cuumbya .....

Old 10-28-2006 | 09:58 AM
ma78
Coordinator :: Super Secret Orange County MINI Cooper Club
Originally Posted by 89AKurt
Implies all opinions are sought. If anyone who posts such a question only wants favorable comments, then why bother? I'm not here to boost everyone's self-esteem with over their bling.

It will stand out from other MINIs in a lineup, if that's the intent.

Yes and no. He is asking for your opinion, not acid-tongued insulted. If you don't like it, thats fine. We've all done questionable mods at one time or another. I just don't see why people have to be so disrespectful about it. My rule of thumb is this; if you wouldn't say it to this individuals face, don't say it at all.
Gutter-sniping from the safety of your keyboard is immature and rude. By all means, share you opinion with us. But if you cannot do so in a kind and respectful say, then it is better that you say nothing at all. Didn't teacher ever tell you that it isn't "cool" to put other people down?

Old 10-29-2006 | 08:42 AM
Frodo
3rd Gear
Thanks ma78, thats what I was trying to say. I have seen a lot of this lately and I am getting tired of it.

Old 10-29-2006 | 12:00 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ma78
Yes and no. He is asking for your opinion, not acid-tongued insulted. If you don't like it, thats fine. We've all done questionable mods at one time or another. I just don't see why people have to be so disrespectful about it. My rule of thumb is this; if you wouldn't say it to this individuals face, don't say it at all.
Gutter-sniping from the safety of your keyboard is immature and rude. By all means, share you opinion with us. But if you cannot do so in a kind and respectful say, then it is better that you say nothing at all. Didn't teacher ever tell you that it isn't "cool" to put other people down?
Thin skinned easily offended folks probably should stay away from internet chat rooms in general, this place is pretty tame, yet folks still feign such injury when folks converse plainly and directly. He DID ask for opinions on it and folks gave them. Want a "stroke" or a "hug"? Watch "BARNEY" or "Teletubbies."

Old 10-29-2006 | 12:46 PM
MiniMaxx
5th Gear
Originally Posted by CDMINI
Wanna bet on that? I'd guess from shutting off the back flow of air that this passes LESS cooling air than the stock set-up...Bling, BLING!!
Well, I'd guess that GUESS is the operative word then, isn't it?

Old 10-29-2006 | 12:48 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Since we are "guessing" about air intake volume, I'll stick with the BMW engineers rather than "Palo Alto UBER-'somethings' " any day of the week, how about you? I'd guess again that they at least did some wind tunnel testing on the original scoop, do you think that aftermarket piece had ANY done on it?

Old 10-29-2006 | 01:01 PM
MiniMaxx
5th Gear
Since we are "guessing" about air intake volume, I'll stick with the BMW engineers rather than "Palo Alto UBER-'somethings' " any day of the week, how about you? I'd guess again that they at least did some wind tunnel testing on the original scoop, do you think that aftermarket piece had ANY done on it?
I guess I wouldn't know. How bout you?

Old 10-29-2006 | 01:12 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Since it looks like it isn't anything more than a sunshade hanging off the top front of the hood scoop, show me some stats showing it does more than just block the air coming in, OKEY DOKEY?

Old 10-29-2006 | 09:29 PM
ma78
Thin skinned easily offended folks probably should stay away from internet chat rooms in general, this place is pretty tame, yet folks still feign such injury when folks converse plainly and directly. He DID ask for opinions on it and folks gave them. Want a "stroke" or a "hug"? Watch "BARNEY" or "Teletubbies."
There is a pretty big difference between Barney and being a ****. If you want to be a ****, fine. Just don't expect to be taken seriously. Adults can say that they dislike something with taste and tact. Children insult.

Old 10-29-2006 | 09:40 PM
glnr13
6th Gear
so because you think you come from the "rougher, tougher" side of the internet world it's ok to bring that into here? that's such bs.

i'm not saying to sugar coat the opinions but being a **** isn't necessary. we're all capable of being mean, but do we have to? no.

Old 10-29-2006 | 10:39 PM
trackster
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MarioKart
I agree with you. I knew the scoop would have mixed reviews but it is so ugly I like it. I also like it because my car is all black, I'm not sure how I would feel about it in other colors. It seems to work well with my Atla Aftercooler. Palo Uber in claiming 147% more flow and 6hp above 40mph.
M
Ok as far as looks go it doesnt work for me , enough said. What amazes me is that the performance claim is more outrageous than the scoop. For one the front view of the scoop shows a much more reduced area than most of the current aftermarket scoops. That has to be a minus there . Secondly how did they manage to get a dyno to go over 40 mph to register those gains ? Something doesnt fly with this deal.

Old 10-29-2006 | 10:48 PM
ma78
Originally Posted by trackster
Ok as far as looks go it doesnt work for me , enough said. What amazes me is that the performance claim is more outrageous than the scoop. For one the front view of the scoop shows a much more reduced area than most of the current aftermarket scoops. That has to be a minus there . Secondly how did they manage to get a dyno to go over 40 mph to register those gains ? Something doesnt fly with this deal.
Take note, this is how you tell someone you don't like something.

Old 10-30-2006 | 04:11 AM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ma78
There is a pretty big difference between Barney and being a ****. If you want to be a ****, fine...Adults can say that they dislike something with taste and tact... Children insult.
Children also can NOT seem to stay away from the use of profanity...

Old 10-30-2006 | 11:42 PM
Frodo
3rd Gear
I think you, and a few others, are missing the point. There is a way to tell someone you don't like it without being rude! Just because we are safely hidden behind the keyboard doesn't give you the right to be rude with someone in general. Thin skinned or not; rude is rude! No one said to "stroke" his ego by telling him he has a great scoop when they think otherwise.

My comment was not directed at anyone directly but it seems that the "guilty" parties have responded. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Old 10-31-2006 | 05:14 PM
onrails
1st Gear
with your insult please leave your full real name, home address and your phone number.

its easy to insult someone when your hidding behind a screen.
I don't think you would insult somebody like that in person.

Old 10-31-2006 | 06:08 PM
ma78
Children also can NOT seem to stay away from the use of profanity...
I called you a ****, not a ****.

Old 10-31-2006 | 06:34 PM
mikeg4572
5th Gear
All this over a scoop?

You guys kill me. I like to look at the forums for ideas, good or bad. I think if you dont like the scoop, thats fine. But now at least we all know what it looks like, especially since the web site that sells them does not even have good pictures. Mario was kind enough to share his with us. I am glad he posted the pictures and I encourage more people to do the same. It may have just saved some of you money who were deciding to purchase one or it may be the deciding factor to get one for yourself.

Old 10-31-2006 | 06:50 PM
TwOMINIs
6th Gear
Let's see some more pictures of it.

I would be interested in seeing a straight on view w/ some good lighting.

Old 10-31-2006 | 10:39 PM
Frodo
3rd Gear
Right back on topic Sorry I got distracted and didn't post my comments about the scoop:impatient

Well I agree it might depend upon the color of the car, has anyone seen it on a Indi blue car? Any chance of a close up pic on the rear seam? From the pics on the website, it looks like a gap/doesn't match the seam very well. Could be its not bolted on in the pic. I guess seeing it in person would be better. I too would like to see some testing/numbers as the numbers are quite impressive.

Looks good on your car and thanks for posting Mario.

Old 10-31-2006 | 11:45 PM
MarioKart
|
Vendor
Originally Posted by Frodo
Right back on topic Sorry I got distracted and didn't post my comments about the scoop:impatient

Well I agree it might depend upon the color of the car, has anyone seen it on a Indi blue car? Any chance of a close up pic on the rear seam? From the pics on the website, it looks like a gap/doesn't match the seam very well. Could be its not bolted on in the pic. I guess seeing it in person would be better. I too would like to see some testing/numbers as the numbers are quite impressive.

Looks good on your car and thanks for posting Mario.
Thanks Frado, I will try to get some more pix tomorrow, the only problem is all these pix are coming from my cell, so the quailty is fairly bad.

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Finally have pix of my Palo Uber Scoop!!!