Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Finally have pix of my Palo Uber Scoop!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006 | 10:59 AM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ma78
I called you a ****, not a ****.
I'd guess in some gutter-type street venues "****" isn't profanity. Sorry, but I could not even imagine where that would be...

Old 11-01-2006 | 11:29 AM
minimusprime
6th Gear
good lord be constructive with your criticism or keep it to yourself. Is that so hard. Furthermore, even though ur summations on that scoops performance could possibly be correct, you don't have any proof of engineering on either the mini scoop or the palo uber scoop.

So in both cases the information posted is 1 step above useless. That one step is that it kinda involves a mini.

Seriously, keep it clean and constructive. We are all on the same team here remember?

Old 11-01-2006 | 12:42 PM
DrPhilGandini
My little dose of LITHIUM
Back on track: The Uber scoop design idea is to "catch" a lot of air, and ram it into the stock opening (and presumably the stock seals over the IC.) Randy Webb has said in reference to the stock foam seals that they leak badly at high pressures, and that there's already too much air getting to the IC with the aftermarket scoops (and the stock one presumably since his new diverter takes air from the stock scoop and sends it to the airbox.) Hence, while there are *no* data on airflows for stock, M7 or Uber scoops that I know of, there are some claims of a physical nature, and lots of speculation.
My personal preference is for a very large opening, as some of you may have seen on my "definitive scoop thread". My scoop has the largest opening of any scoop that has ever been shown on NAM, and uses the M7 Ram front end to "catch" more air than the OEM, but not as much as the M7 Extreme or the Uber. The question can only be resolved by measurement, something I'm not in a position to do (being behind my desk all the time, and not under the bonnet of my car!)
The aesthetics of these scoops are pretty personal. Some people don't like Michaelangelo's David, so some people are going to gag on the Uber scoop. Personally it's not to my taste, preferring a more understated look.
cheers,

Old 11-01-2006 | 01:56 PM
MarioKart
|
Vendor
[quote=DrPhilGandini;1205799]Back on track: The Uber scoop design idea is to "catch" a lot of air, and ram it into the stock opening (and presumably the stock seals over the IC.) Randy Webb has said in reference to the stock foam seals that they leak badly at high pressures, and that there's already too much air getting to the IC with the aftermarket scoops (and the stock one presumably since his new diverter takes air from the stock scoop and sends it to the airbox.) Hence, while there are *no* data on airflows for stock, M7 or Uber scoops that I know of, there are some claims of a physical nature, and lots of speculation.
quote]
Since I don't have the foam anymore beacuse I now have an Alta aftercooler with a diverter, will I be having the same problem? All I know is I love my scoop and in the morning the car pulls super hard.
M

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 11-01-2006 | 05:51 PM
onrails
1st Gear
Mario looks real good on your car, don't listen to the people who never have anything positive to say. You have a unique car and thats what its about.
most mini owners like the fact that the car is unique. you just went further and so have I.

Old 11-01-2006 | 06:30 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
I think that most people like that the mini is unique in a way that looks good. Just making a car unique doesnt make it "good".

I'm not saying anything about his car, its fine that he added a huge scoop...I just want to adress the crazy philosophy of strictly making your car unique without considering style[as mentioned in the post above].

This car is pretty unique

Old 11-01-2006 | 06:41 PM
ma78
Coordinator :: Super Secret Orange County MINI Cooper Club
Originally Posted by CDMINI
I'd guess in some gutter-type street venues "****" isn't profanity. Sorry, but I could not even imagine where that would be...
Regardless, you are one.

Old 11-01-2006 | 06:42 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ma78
Regardless, you are one.
grow up...both of you

Old 11-01-2006 | 10:26 PM
Frodo
3rd Gear
http://www.counterfeitmini.com/main.swf Comes to mind...all in good fun

Old 11-02-2006 | 05:16 AM
PuppetMaster2u
4th Gear
Ouch! I wouldn't go THAT far (i know yer kidding)
At least it's a Mini

Old 11-02-2006 | 06:23 AM
Frodo
3rd Gear
Ha, I didn't mean about the scoop lol. Keep us updated Mario

Old 11-02-2006 | 06:26 AM
Chappy
5th Gear
MarioKart, I think your entire car looks bitchin' .

I think the scoop looks great, kinda reminds me of a 70's muscle car.

Old 11-02-2006 | 04:54 PM
onrails
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
I think that most people like that the mini is unique in a way that looks good. Just making a car unique doesnt make it "good".

I'm not saying anything about his car, its fine that he added a huge scoop...I just want to adress the crazy philosophy of strictly making your car unique without considering style[as mentioned in the post above].

I agree with you 100 % about keeping the car clean. exterior mods are tricky and what you think looks good might not and the other way around. as long as we don't see any minis look like this civic.

Old 11-02-2006 | 05:11 PM
Minut
4th Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI

Sweet pallet wing.

Old 11-02-2006 | 07:26 PM
PuppetMaster2u
4th Gear
LOL I've looked @ that picture several times while reading each post....... and never noticed the pallet wing!!!

Old 11-02-2006 | 08:04 PM
Longboard Mini
6th Gear
Super scoops

Wow!

I have the CF DFIC scoop and love it.

That said, allot of people may not like it. Hell, allot of people don't like the look of the mini. I just checked out the Palo Uber scoop on Sunday at a mini meet. It was on an orange convert. For me it didn't work on that car.

What I did notice was the big crack in the side of it. On top it looked like it was de-laminating. Everyone needs to remember that true style is in the eye of the beholder. It's a very individual thing.

Longboard

Old 11-02-2006 | 08:08 PM
ma78
Coordinator :: Super Secret Orange County MINI Cooper Club
Longboard, I never tire of your car.

Old 11-03-2006 | 03:20 PM
amorican
4th Gear
Its a good thing 'ol Palo decided to make some car parts, because his art is a bunch of colors smeared on a canvas. Interesting wheels too. I guess I know where all the inspiration is going!

TJM

Old 11-07-2006 | 01:02 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear

(Sigh)... I want a splitter.

Old 11-07-2006 | 01:14 AM
everytimeidie027
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ImagoX

(Sigh)... I want a splitter.

... same here... *sigh*

Old 11-07-2006 | 02:11 PM
MiNi_MaC
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Fireballed Tuls
girl friends come and go... MINIs are forever
And what if shes paying for it

Old 11-07-2006 | 04:49 PM
saifa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Frodo
http://www.counterfeitmini.com/main.swf Comes to mind...all in good fun
Oh my god...thats gotta be the best link ever....i must've slapped that SOB for like 10 minutes!!!!

As for the scoop...kind of two faced...I sort of like it but at the same time its contours don't seem to match the car. If paulo whositever maybe put a little more bend or something it would flow with the hood better.

Still innovative though...and thats pimp!

Seann

Old 11-07-2006 | 07:15 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
why can't you guys have a little bit more understanding. OP, when you post some pics for people to view, you need to expect some critism. The bashers, I really dont care. The car looks ok, needs a drop and it will be an eye-candy. The scoop does not bother that much at all, nor to my preference. I think cars with chrome mirror caps and chrome fog lights are as nasty looking as you all described above, if not worse.

Old 11-10-2006 | 01:58 PM
MiniSuperCooper
4th Gear
This is a mod I've been considering. I have to admit that I like the looks of the stock scoop better, but I don't think it's possible to improve what already looks perfect. (the only the thing that looks better is the scoopless regular cooper...IMO) On the other hand, scoops aren't for looks. Well, they're not suppose to be...HaHa, which is why I'm still considering this mod. I'll check out the other aftermarket scoops. After looking at the pics on Palo Uber's site, I do think it looks much better painted to match the car. Although, the black seemed to look okay on the dark silver. I definitely don't think the "trim black" would look very good on jet black or astro black MINI. If it really improves performance, this is something I wouldn't mind adding to my MINI. BTW...sweet car MarioKart!

Old 11-10-2006 | 03:47 PM
MarioKart
|
Vendor
Originally Posted by MiniSuperCooper
This is a mod I've been considering. I have to admit that I like the looks of the stock scoop better, but I don't think it's possible to improve what already looks perfect. (the only the thing that looks better is the scoopless regular cooper...IMO) On the other hand, scoops aren't for looks. Well, they're not suppose to be...HaHa, which is why I'm still considering this mod. I'll check out the other aftermarket scoops. After looking at the pics on Palo Uber's site, I do think it looks much better painted to match the car. Although, the black seemed to look okay on the dark silver. I definitely don't think the "trim black" would look very good on jet black or astro black MINI. If it really improves performance, this is something I wouldn't mind adding to my MINI. BTW...sweet car MarioKart!
Thank you, the funny thing is in person the average person never even notices the scoop. The only people the seem to see it, are die hard Mini guys and gals and about 60% say they like and the other 40% don't say anything. In person the scoop tends to blend in more that the pix I provided. I personaly love the scoop because it feeds the larger Alta aftercooler and it looks just a little different than the average Mini.
M

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Finally have pix of my Palo Uber Scoop!!!