Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior SHOW us your MINI stripes

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 11:18 AM
dragonflyer
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why not make the sunroof White? That is what I would do is cover the sunroof in white and then run the red stripes through that. You can to that 2 ways with us. Either do a solid white sunroof with the red stripe or print the red stripe on to white perforated material so you can still see through the sunroof.

Originally Posted by Mini S Pilot
I'm still trying to come up with something to show my striper guy. I want the wide like Viper/Shelby stripes without the thin stripes along side the wide.

I have the sunroof and I'm catching crap about going over it. It's what I want though. White stripes over red bonnet, red stripes over white roof and tinted sunroof, ending with white stripes over the red boot. I guess the sunroof will not make for a clean look, but it's there and isn't going to disappear.

I had a quote of $300. I joke with my Hubby that I'll do it myself. He laughed. Until I informed him that when he met me I had striped the car I was driving then. Two wide black stripes on a red hood. Just the hood, but still.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by flaco
what do you think of these stripes (photoshop)

I like them. I've been debating whether to do something like that on my Pure Silver MCS.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:42 PM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Ack, quoted the wrong person*

Old 12-17-2007, 06:43 PM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear

If you want an honest opinion, I think it ruins the lines of the car and takes away from your aero kit.

On a side note, are the blacked out door handles also part of the photoshop? If not, then would you mind sharing how easy or hard it was to get the inner door panel off? Tips would be greatly appreciated!

Old 12-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs

Looks nice. My only suggestion would be to lower it a bit so the bottom stripe meets the bottom of the door and side panels. I think that would make the look cleaner (disguise, rather than bring out, the seam) and would actually enhance the presence of the body-matched aero skirts.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:36 AM
flaco
4th Gear
Thanks for the suggestions. The door handles and gas lid were painted on the car with Wurth blackout. They look good, but I am upgrading to Aesthetic Creations real carbon fiber. People with rings chip the door handles.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:43 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
They look good, thats for sure. Vinyl Styles is another place thats great to get wrapped door handles from.

I think I went too far with the "ruins the lines of the car" comment above, but I definitely think that it takes away from your side skirts.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:54 PM
typer139
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by checkercoop
I had a question....did you have your rims painted with the white lip or does a company sell them like that?
Sorry about taking for-ev-er to get back.. They're the Axis TC Evo's and they're lip ring is removable. These happened to come in reflective white. I've since had a wheel shop completely thrash one of 'em so I took all of them off. It looks very racer-ish now. Since they don't make them in white anymore, I've picked up a set in anodized red, but haven't put them on yet. If I hate the red, which is very possible, I'll shoot them with a reflective white again.. Wow.. I really went off topic.. sorry guys.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:12 PM
flaco
4th Gear
better?

Old 12-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Jason C
4th Gear
Not that my opinion means anything, but since you asked.
I don't like the aero kit with side stripes. I have side stripes and was about to get aero side skirts when Mini was trying to clear them out a little while back. After looking at a few here on NAM that where done like this I quickly realized it was not for me. But to each their own, so if you like it go for it.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Gil-galad
Coordinator :: Eastern Iowa MINIs
Looks great to me! I like it. It actually draws attention to the nice side skirts and makes the MINI look sleeker from front to back by narrowing the top-to-bottom width of the unbroken side body color.

Like Jason says, to each his own. If you like it, go for it.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:30 AM
erickvonzipper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Gil-galad
Looks great to me! It actually draws attention to the nice side skirts and makes the MINI look sleeker from front to back by narrowing the top-to-bottom width of the unbroken side body color.
I think that the stripes would do that even better without those skirts, given the option of one or the other.

Zip

Old 12-19-2007, 05:09 AM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Originally Posted by dragonflyer
Why not make the sunroof White? That is what I would do is cover the sunroof in white and then run the red stripes through that. You can to that 2 ways with us. Either do a solid white sunroof with the red stripe or print the red stripe on to white perforated material so you can still see through the sunroof.

Thanks for the suggestion. I really like these two options. I'll surely be contacting you about this option.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:11 PM
MMM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New stripes!

I finally got stripes for my MINI. I got silver stripes (to match my roof) with black double pinstripes. I'm so pleased with the final effect! They were a birthday gift from my brother, who also did a great job applying them. For anyone who might be curious, they are from Mighty Stripes.

Attached Thumbnails SHOW us your MINI stripes-mini-stripes-1.jpg   SHOW us your MINI stripes-mini-stripes-3.jpg  
Old 12-28-2007, 06:15 PM
FP
5th Gear
Here are mine. I just added them in October. Also on my sig.

Attached Thumbnails SHOW us your MINI stripes-00-01-13fp-sminicooper5.jpg  
Old 12-28-2007, 07:45 PM
hunter99
4th Gear
Here is where I am going with my PW/B MINI. This is a mock up that Mike over at Aesthetic Creations sent me. They are actually in route to me right now.

I almost changed my mind due to being more conservative and was just going to go with bonnet stripes with red pinstripes but decided to keep my order for this setup.

Actually I think it will be unique looking and hopefully not too bold on the car. I am going to wrap it on the grill and down the front and rear bumpers as well as the boot.

I may have someone professionally install them though to make them look right.

Last edited by hunter99; 12-28-2007 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:50 PM
hunter99
4th Gear
Oops, forgot to add a pic.
SHOW us your MINI stripes-drivers-edge-black-red.jpg

Last edited by hunter99; 12-28-2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-29-2007, 07:21 AM
07chilired
5th Gear

My stripes go over the sunroof and I love them. I opted for the regular stripes, not the perforated ones....there's a pic of them from the inside of my car on my flickr page.http://www.flickr.com/photos/minicoopergirl06/page11/

Old 12-29-2007, 07:24 AM
FP
5th Gear

This is a sweet look.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Sanderskog
4th Gear
A poop picture, I'll take more when the weather is nice and the car is clean.

Todd

Old 12-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear

I really like this, but I've been thinking that maybe I'll leave the roof stripes white and just run them over the sunroof area. I can picture it in my head and it sounds good, but I'm not 100% sold on either yet. I'm not sure I want to cover the sunroof completely in white. Decisions, decisions!:impatient

Old 12-29-2007, 12:17 PM
LgEnf
2nd Gear
here's our new ones -

no it's not the sun or the angle of the camera - the stripes start out full checkered black and white then fade out the checker to a solid white

matches nicely with the Team Minspeed banner I run for Pete. (and yes those stripes can be purchased from Minspeed but you need to tell him you want Jamie's stripes as they were designed for us and not a standard product

Name:  top.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  82.8 KB

Name:  side.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  85.6 KB

Name:  front.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  73.6 KB

Old 12-29-2007, 12:23 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Very sharp and quite unique !!

Old 12-29-2007, 12:35 PM
LgEnf
2nd Gear
thanks - we like them

nice collection of MINIs in your life you got there.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:37 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gracias ! I guess you can tell I'm partial to bonnet stripes.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior SHOW us your MINI stripes