Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior CVT vs Auto Shift Boot--same ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006 | 06:45 AM
CR&PW&JB
|
OVERDRIVE
CVT vs Auto Shift Boot--same ??

I'm working with Redline Goods to order a new shift boot for my MC. It has the CVT tranny. They think it's a different boot than the boot that goes on the Automatic transmission shift boot. Are they right, or are those two boots the same ?

It's a big deal because if it's different, they need me to send them my boot for them to use as a template... they're in Europe so I'd be without a shift boot for quite a while.

Thanks in advance !!

Old 11-13-2006 | 09:02 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Chili Red & Pepper White
I'm working with Redline Goods to order a new shift boot for my MC. It has the CVT tranny. They think it's a different boot than the boot that goes on the Automatic transmission shift boot. Are they right, or are those two boots the same ?

It's a big deal because if it's different, they need me to send them my boot for them to use as a template... they're in Europe so I'd be without a shift boot for quite a while.

Thanks in advance !!
You can easily use a non-CVT boot. It might be a *little* bigger...but it still looks nice aesthetically. I made my own custom boot, and made it purposely much bigger to get it a little baggier. Besides that, its the same shape and everything

Old 11-13-2006 | 09:16 AM
CR&PW&JB
|
OVERDRIVE
Thanks for the reply and opinion, RallyMINI... much appreciated ! Yes, it appeared to me from the picture on their website of the automatic tranny boot that it is the same as my CVT boot. But apparently it's not quite the same.

I'm not going to take a chance. The rep from Redline just replied back and said they made one once for a guy who has a CVT and he sent it back to them saying it didn't fit right.

They're offering the boot to me for free since they have to use my current one as a template and then they'll have a template for future orders.

I'll just have to drive around for a few weeks sans boot.