Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Where does this wire go?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 09:52 PM
YakiMini
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Where does this wire go?

Good Evening Mini Motorist,
I purchased a Hella Air Horn locally this afternoon and I'm in the process of installing it. When I removed the MC battery box and ECU I found this wire just hidding the bat. box.....Can anyone tell me what it is doing there? Should it be connected to anything? Or is it fine hidding back there?

Old 12-13-2006, 10:08 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is used during shipping. It connects to a switch that allows the battery to be disconnected easily. The other end of it is not connected to anything and looks the same.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:25 PM
UKSUV
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 002
That is used during shipping. It connects to a switch that allows the battery be disconnected easily. The other end of it is not connected to anything and looks the same.
Ummm.....are you 100% positive? Cause that doesn't sound right. Why would BMW spend the extra cash on a batt disconnect just for shipping purposes? When I picked my BMW up in Italy after being shipped from Germany on truck. The driver didnt say, "Hey, hold on, let me go and disconnect the stealth battery switch mechanism" Just razzin ya.....if it is cool.....I know where to put my future cutoff switch.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:20 AM
RA080624
Banned
hmm i seem to remember seeing this wire and i know i pluged it into something only problem is my mini is in the shop for a new strut tower bushing and some rust work to be done if you want ill look at it when i get it back

Old 12-14-2006, 02:00 AM
YakiMini
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by scandune
hmm i seem to remember seeing this wire and i know i pluged it into something only problem is my mini is in the shop for a new strut tower bushing and some rust work to be done if you want ill look at it when i get it back
I would appreciate that.....

Old 12-15-2006, 09:52 PM
5th Gear
Originally Posted by UKSUV
Ummm.....are you 100% positive? Cause that doesn't sound right. Why would BMW spend the extra cash on a batt disconnect just for shipping purposes? When I picked my BMW up in Italy after being shipped from Germany on truck. The driver didnt say, "Hey, hold on, let me go and disconnect the stealth battery switch mechanism" Just razzin ya.....if it is cool.....I know where to put my future cutoff switch.
If that is a three pin plug, then I am 99.99% sure. I am 100% sure bmw would spend the money on such a switch because I remove them every day. Plus, we send them back. Do you think bmw would rather pay the cost of the person that will disconnect, then reconnect every battery on every car shipped by boat every time someone needs to start it up and move it? Now that doesn't sound right to me.

Don't get worked up, I'm just having some fun.

If you know the color of the wires I could tell you for sure, but that's what it is...

...Or maybe something is horribly wrong. Call roadside assistance, then yell at the service advisor. "first the noisey power steering, the exhaust leak and now missing parts. That's it, LEMON LAW!"

Again, just having some fun. I'm on both sides of the car thing (there are two sides you know) and we hear some woppers as well.

Take care.