Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Oznium has SUPER LONG LED STRIPS in stock!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006 | 06:49 PM
ImagoX
|
6th Gear
Oznium has SUPER LONG LED STRIPS in stock!!

Holy frijoles!

http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips

As seen in MODS LIKE THESE...

Lengths now avaliable: 4.7", 9.5", 19", 28", 38", and SIX FEET. ALl 100% moisture sealed and perfect for use in the engine bay, as underbody lighting, super-long, wrap-around boot or interior, cabin lighting... All pre-wired with resistors pre-installed - just hook them to 12V power and you're off to the races. He also has a "million color" unit using sets of R/G/B LEDs with a controller that cycles the colors... Sort of eye-watering, but it might be useful to SOMEONE.

Bet you can't guess what project *I've* had in mind that's just been waiting for these... Hehehehe...

Oh, and if you've not heard me rant about this place, Oznium is a great place for lighting accessories like LEDs and cold cathodes, as well as switches, relays, wire and everything else lighting related. The owner, Phil is a stand-up guy that always makes any problems (damaged on delivery, etc.) right ASAP. This is an absolute requirement for me to ever return to an online store and I don't recommend merchants lightly.

Enjoy!

Old 12-22-2006 | 05:21 AM
NMgokart
6th Gear
Cool! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
How long is the wire lead that comes on the strips? I'm thinking of putting some under the front seats, tied into the dome light circuit.

Old 12-22-2006 | 06:18 AM
vestanpance
3rd Gear
Can't wait until you come MOD my Mini

Old 12-22-2006 | 07:06 AM
ImagoX
|
6th Gear
I'm not sure on the lead length, but really all you need to do is add in extra wire to suit your need. If you're keeping everything in the cabin, you can just use electrical tape or, for a cleaner look, heat-shrink tubing. If you plan to use anything out of the cabin, I'd coat the connection in silicone, then let that dry and finally coat it with shrink tubing or tape - better safe than sorry wherever moisture is involved.

Originally Posted by vestanpance
Can't wait until you come MOD my Mini
Whacoo need, baby? Mty driveway's always open for a fellow Motoring Enthusiast!

Old 12-22-2006 | 07:33 AM
PredMini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ImagoX
....Oznium is a great place for lighting accessories like LEDs and cold cathodes, as well as switches, relays, wire and everything else lighting related.
Ditto! Fast shipping great products.

ImagoX - Are you headed to the Dragon this year? We've posted in may of the same threads. It would be nice to meet you. I'd also like to get some good pics of your ride. My wife's dad really loves the hot orange Minis. He'd love yours.

Old 12-22-2006 | 08:05 AM
ImagoX
|
6th Gear
I'll be there, heck yeah! We reserved our room back in July, I think.

I'm looking forward to meeting you as well!

Old 12-22-2006 | 08:19 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
they had some of those flexible LED strips at autzone which they let you touch and play with. The flexibility is pretty cool

Old 12-22-2006 | 09:29 AM
eVal
6th Gear
Very neat - not sure how to wire them but it does seem like you could some nice selective interior lighting with this

Old 12-22-2006 | 09:47 AM
ImagoX
|
6th Gear
There are just two wires, one positive and one ground... all the needed work with resistors and everything else is taken care of for you in the manufacturing process and sealed in watertight silicone. Installation is dead simple - even if you accidentally reverse the polarity the LEDs won't be damaged by a few seconds of reverse current - they're pretty foolproof. if you have any questions, feel free to ask me here or in a PM.

Old 12-22-2006 | 09:54 AM
Crashton
6th Gear
Hey Matt, you really have fetish for LED's. Do you realize you are becoming the LED Guru of NAM? I may have to come over & have you LED me MINI for me.

Old 12-22-2006 | 09:58 AM
ImagoX
|
6th Gear
Hmmm... ME a guru? Lord help us all...

But I'll be glad to help any way I can. LEDs are cheap, low-risk, reversable and fun, while also eye-catching and are either as subtle or in-your-face as you want them to be, so they're perfect for me.

Old 12-22-2006 | 09:59 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Crashton
Hey Matt, you really have fetish for LED's. Do you realize you are becoming the LED Guru of NAM? I may have to come over & have you LED me MINI for me.
yah, have you checked out the LED forum over at www.hidplanet.com ? I think you would like it....lots of really complicated and cool LED car projects

Old 12-22-2006 | 10:03 AM
ImagoX
|
6th Gear
Looks fun! But they make you create a user ID just to read forums?? I hate that. Still, I feel my resistance weakening by the second...

Old 12-22-2006 | 10:21 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Looks fun! But they make you create a user ID just to read forums?? I hate that. Still, I feel my resistance weakening by the second...
hahaha yah i hate that too

Old 12-22-2006 | 10:28 AM
ImagoX
|
6th Gear
I gave in...

Now THAT place is scary... Did you read the thread abuot the guy that hand-soldered 800+ lumileds into a wrap-around Eclipse tail-light assembly? Hand-etched cuircuit boards... 18 AMP power draw... on TAIL LIGHTS! That's freaking crazy. COOL, but crazy.

Old 12-22-2006 | 10:51 AM
eVal
6th Gear
There are just two wires, one positive and one ground... all the needed work with resistors and everything else is taken care of for you in the manufacturing process and sealed in watertight silicone. Installation is dead simple - even if you accidentally reverse the polarity the LEDs won't be damaged by a few seconds of reverse current - they're pretty foolproof. if you have any questions, feel free to ask me here or in a PM.
Thanks! I'm kinda tentative when it comes to wiring/messing with electricals

Old 12-22-2006 | 11:22 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
I gave in...

Now THAT place is scary... Did you read the thread abuot the guy that hand-soldered 800+ lumileds into a wrap-around Eclipse tail-light assembly? Hand-etched cuircuit boards... 18 AMP power draw... on TAIL LIGHTS! That's freaking crazy. COOL, but crazy.
hahah notice i said COOL AND COMPLICATED.

Some of those guys are crazy over there...but its fun to see what they come with because, like you, i love all of the possibilities for LED usage in cars

Old 12-22-2006 | 11:22 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by eVal
Thanks! I'm kinda tentative when it comes to wiring/messing with electricals
I think that's this product's best trait....its truly ready to run....no need to worry about anything besides placement

Old 12-22-2006 | 11:37 AM
IrishCooper
5th Gear
I got my LED strips yesterday and when i went back to the site to look at ordering more i noticed they had a whole LONG list new ones with different lengths and stuff.

Old 12-22-2006 | 11:50 AM
IrishCooper
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
yah, have you checked out the LED forum over at www.hidplanet.com ? I think you would like it....lots of really complicated and cool LED car projects
It was a BAD idea to show me that site, i am obsessed with everything LEDs and i can go crazy on my car with that site. Ever since i saw the BMW 3 series with LED taillights (previous Gen before current one) i said i had to have that! And have played with the idea of LED MINI taillights for my 06 MCS, and not just LED blubs in a stock housing. I know where im going to be today.

Old 12-22-2006 | 12:00 PM
ImagoX
|
6th Gear
Mykl, maybe we can work together.... the idea of LED tails is pretty intriguing, althugh I'd replace the OEM units with a different set then mount the LEDs in THOSE tails... I'm all about simple reversability, y'see. Honestly, when you get that involved, I quickly get in over my head - I'm stronger in the design and aesthetics departments tan I am in engineering.

Old 12-22-2006 | 12:15 PM
IrishCooper
5th Gear
Well yes i was going to buy a second set so i wouldnt drive around without taillights if thats what you mean. But i have the Euro 05+ taillights that look like this:

so i wanted to make a amber circle of LED for the turn indicator and then make something for the brake light section. I have some schematics that i made i can upload if you want to see them.

Old 12-22-2006 | 01:06 PM
PuppetMaster2u
4th Gear
I don't think the pictures are showing up? Nevermind... there they are :-)

Old 12-22-2006 | 01:33 PM
IrishCooper
5th Gear
Mykl, maybe we can work together.... the idea of LED tails is pretty intriguing, althugh I'd replace the OEM units with a different set then mount the LEDs in THOSE tails... I'm all about simple reversability, y'see. Honestly, when you get that involved, I quickly get in over my head - I'm stronger in the design and aesthetics departments tan I am in engineering.
Here is a quick sketch of the LED taillight concept i had. As well as some for other parts

Attached Thumbnails Oznium has SUPER LONG LED STRIPS in stock!!-led-taillight.jpg   Oznium has SUPER LONG LED STRIPS in stock!!-led-layout.jpg  
Old 12-22-2006 | 02:32 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
any idea on what you will be using as the reflector?

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Oznium has SUPER LONG LED STRIPS in stock!!