Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Probable sun visor decal solution...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 04:09 AM
91Eunos
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probable sun visor decal solution...

So I ordered the anthracite interior and teh optional anthracite headliner as well as the anthracite A/B/C pillars--love the look...except for that glaring reminder of our litigous society on each visor.

Went to the local BMW/MINI dealership here and checked out the German spec cars (I live in Germany)--no decal! I went to their parts department and am able to order them for ~ 50 Euro (for both lighted ones). Identical in every way except for the lack of a decal as far as I can tell.

Mine should be here by the weekend...I'll post on the results.

Old 12-27-2006, 04:12 AM
davavd
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lighted sunvisors??

Old 12-27-2006, 04:35 AM
Mol
2nd Gear
Your solution was probably easier, and less time consuming than mine, though I was able to remove the stickers from my visors, the day after getting my MINI using elbow grease and denatured alcohol (which worked better than isopropyl alcohol or grain alcohol)

Old 12-27-2006, 07:28 AM
gt6
5th Gear
Originally Posted by davavd
Lighted sunvisors??
Yes, don't yours light up when the vanity mirror is exposed?

Old 12-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Wesmonster
3rd Gear
Cover up...

FYI Aesthetic Creations also has stickers on their website that cover up that warning label.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:07 AM
91Eunos
4th Gear
Originally Posted by davavd
Lighted sunvisors??
yes...AFAIK all US spec cars get 'em (came w/ my car from the factory--didn't ask for them).

Old 12-27-2006, 11:08 AM
91Eunos
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Wesmonster
FYI Aesthetic Creations also has stickers on their website that cover up that warning label.

Probably for a lot less than 50 Euro too!

Link?

Old 12-27-2006, 11:16 AM
MNEEME
5th Gear
Heres the homepage - Aesthetic Creations

And link to page with Warning Label Covers -- $15 for a set (Not sure what that is in Euro)

Old 12-27-2006, 11:21 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Aesthetic Creations can make a design for your warning labels in just about anything your mind can come up with.

Mine...

Old 12-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Jahmills
5th Gear
I got some stickers from Aesthetic Creations as well. Union Jacks with MINI printed on them.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:30 AM
abbydog3
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MNEEME
Heres the homepage - Aesthetic Creations

And link to page with Warning Label Covers -- $15 for a set (Not sure what that is in Euro)
Here is the default picture from their site, they do excellent work.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:07 PM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Originally Posted by 91Eunos
So I ordered the anthracite interior and teh optional anthracite headliner as well as the anthracite A/B/C pillars--love the look...except for that glaring reminder of our litigous society on each visor.

Went to the local BMW/MINI dealership here and checked out the German spec cars (I live in Germany)--no decal! I went to their parts department and am able to order them for ~ 50 Euro (for both lighted ones). Identical in every way except for the lack of a decal as far as I can tell.

Mine should be here by the weekend...I'll post on the results.
I’m trying to understand the wording of the post. Do you have a US spec MINI, but you live in Germany? This I can understand because military and other people from the US can take cars with them overseas. Or are you saying you are German and did not but your MINI in Germany, but where you did buy it both visors do not light, but only one or neither?

Either way it goes Denatured Alcohol or a product called Goo Gone will remove the stickers without any damage what so ever and either one only costs a couple dollars, or Euros along with 10 minutes of work to apply it, but it’s your 50 Euros.

As for people who place a decal over a decal to visually remove the warning sticker, but do not truly remove the warning sticker first I feel are just lazy. But it’s their car and their money to do what they want.

10 minutes and $2.00 is all it takes to remove the stickers.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:37 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
sndwave, How do you feel about people who actually PREFER having something on the visor as opposed to a warning sticker or a bare visor ?? Is that okay with you ?

And what is the difference if the old sticker is under the new one ? I would think the new sticker would adhere better to the old one than to the rough surface of the visor.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:04 PM
91Eunos
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sndwave
I’m trying to understand the wording of the post. Do you have a US spec MINI, but you live in Germany? This I can understand because military and other people from the US can take cars with them overseas. Or are you saying you are German and did not but your MINI in Germany, but where you did buy it both visors do not light, but only one or neither?

Either way it goes Denatured Alcohol or a product called Goo Gone will remove the stickers without any damage what so ever and either one only costs a couple dollars, or Euros along with 10 minutes of work to apply it, but it’s your 50 Euros.

As for people who place a decal over a decal to visually remove the warning sticker, but do not truly remove the warning sticker first I feel are just lazy. But it’s their car and their money to do what they want.

10 minutes and $2.00 is all it takes to remove the stickers.

I'm an American living in Germany--ordered a US spec car to drive while here then I'll take it back to the states w/ me in a couple of years... Both visors have lighted vanity mirrors.

Denatured alchohol or goo gone eh? I'll give it a try in the morning! May not be too late to canx the order! Thought I read where someone tried that and it didn't work... Regardless, I've nothing to lose if I dork 'em up since I 'll have access to replacements.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:04 PM
eh0013
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Chili Red & Pepper White
sndwave, How do you feel about people who actually PREFER having something on the visor as opposed to a warning sticker or a bare visor ?? Is that okay with you ?

And what is the difference if the old sticker is under the new one ? I would think the new sticker would adhere better to the old one than to the rough surface of the visor.
Also, if I'm not mistaken, I've heard that some are a lot more difficult to remove than others depending on production batch. I've heard horror stories about the length of time and even some damage .

Old 12-27-2006, 05:35 PM
IrishCooper
5th Gear
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
One tip i heard is that its best to remove the visor first before using the goo gone or alcohol, seems like common sense but, you never know theres another thread somewhere i think in MINI Talk about this.

Old 12-27-2006, 06:36 PM
namwob
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Chili Red & Pepper White

Yeah, geez, sndwave, I think they should put them all over the headliner also! That would keep the visors from looking so goofy! I HOPE THATS OK WITH YOU SNDWAVE!!

WOw Chili-pepper Calm down a notch

Old 12-27-2006, 08:16 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 91Eunos
yes...AFAIK all US spec cars get 'em (came w/ my car from the factory--didn't ask for them).
Neither of our MINIs has lighted visors - just little mirrors behind sliding doors. However, I think that's because they're both convertibles, and the visors are a little different from those on the hardtops.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Wesmonster
Thats what I did! Checkered ones!

Old 12-28-2006, 02:10 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by namwob
Yeah, geez, sndwave, I think they should put them all over the headliner also! That would keep the visors from looking so goofy! I HOPE THATS OK WITH YOU SNDWAVE!!

WOw Chili-pepper Calm down a notch
I am calm. What makes you think I'm not ? Did you see any of these... ?

Sorry if I take *slight* offense to someone questioning how I spend $10 and calling me lazy.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:41 AM
umberto
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
on another thread, I read that some decals are glued on and can be removed, but some 'decals' are actually screen printed on and when you try to remove them they get smeared and become a huge mess.

what I did is to make a set of visor extenders that pull out on each side of each visor because for me the MINI's visors, at least on the '04's, are way too short as the sun can come right through between the visors at the rear view mirror and also at the 'A' pillars...and they also help when the visor also acts too short when I swing the visor to block the driver's side window...and as an extra plus, my decals are covered up

Old 12-28-2006, 06:32 AM
MCDriver
2nd Gear
remove visors from the car.

soak a paper towel in denatured alcohol

place the soaked towel on top of the sticker and fully cover it.

leave it 15 minutes, or longer.

peel back sticker and wipe off residual adhesive.

some "tale-tell" outline will be left behind. enjoy.

a 1 on the DIY ease scale.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:06 AM
91Eunos
4th Gear
...my "decals" are actually printed onto the visor. I'll try the removal process regardless since I can always use the new German versions w/out the warning label if I mess 'em up.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:16 AM
DOT191
3rd Gear
Sun Visors

The Passenger Side Vanity Mirror no longer stays in the up Position. The lights come on , but you have to hold up with your Hand. This is NOT a real big deal to me, but the Lady (My Wife) who rides with me it is somewhat of a big deal. So, i would like to fix it or if i have to Replace the Visor. The Mini Dealer Quoted $92.00 for a replacement Visor. Any one out there Know where you can buy a Visor or if this problem is fixable. Sorry if i am on the wrong Forum.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:16 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is a great idea....its much like the denatured alcohol version, but its garaunteed to come out clean . Can you get non-lit ones to perhaps lower the price, considering i never use the lit mirror anyways. The other solution of putting even more distracting decals up there never made sense to me

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Probable sun visor decal solution...