Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Clear bra Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003 | 11:34 AM
FraserBonnett
|
3rd Gear
Took the plunge and ordered the deluxe kit for MCS with Aero kit (the only one I could find that specified the aero kit) from InvincaShield, cost me $180

I put the first few pieces on this afternoon. I expected serious fiddly bits, bubbles, the works. But I was pleasantly suprised. I've done the hood scoop, upper bumber and sections outboard of the two headlights. Bubbles came out easily, pieces fit almost perfectly and it was a pleasure to do. And only took about an hour for those 5 pieces.

I'd say I'd post pictures of the results, but from more than about 3 feet away, you can't even tell it's there!

Best "add-on" (other than the roof) I've done to date!

Old 04-26-2003 | 01:17 PM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
I'm having the one from Autoclearguard put on this Tuesday. These kits are by far one of ther best investments for preserving your front end.

Old 04-26-2003 | 04:53 PM
jcs
3rd Gear
Did anybody get the original Mini clear film from 2003 motoring catalog?
Just wondereing how they compare.

I'm having the one from Autoclearguard put on this Tuesday. These kits are by far one of ther best investments for preserving your front end.

Old 04-26-2003 | 05:14 PM
Ben
2nd Gear
I had the Ultra-Shield people put mine on the front of the hood, the grill and the mirrors this week. They charged $250 at their main offices in Ft. Meyers, Florida. They have about 21 dealers around the country.

From what I learned, most people use the same 3M vinyl under different names. I'm very pleased with the results. I may buy the front bumper pieces from our sponsor here at MCO and put that on myself. I just wanted to let them do the hood and grill which seemed like it may be a challenge. Good to hear some of you've already had success doing it yourself.

Old 04-27-2003 | 08:08 PM
Mini-Matt
4th Gear
I have the Invinca-Shield on my mini and it's great. The 40mm headlight covers are the best pieces of insurance I can think of having on my car. I paid $171.00 for my kit plus $69.00 for the headlight covers and I'm wraped from the scoop across and all the way down to the black plastic. I was sold on the 5-year warranty and ease if installation - great stuff

Old 05-01-2003 | 05:01 PM
Auto Paint Guard
3rd Gear
Hey guys
Thanks for all of your support in regards to the bras. There are other brands out there besides Xpel, which is what I sell. Just make sure if you guys buy a bra, it is Made out of 3M material. Other materials that are used are Avery and Venture tape, which do make the kits a lot cheaper. I have found that the materials besides the 3m start to change colors after a while. I have great success with 3m.

Also make sure that the kits are pre-cut, some companies throw bulk material on and cut the material off like window tint.(razors near paint,,, NOT GOOD).

For tips on maintaining: Make sure you use a polish wax only on the bra surface, and try to do regulary. If you happen to scratch it, you can buff out with wax. If you get build up on the edges, take a cloth and rub alcohol along the edges to remove build up.

If you have any questions just let me know. I am offering 25% off on kits.
http://www.autoclearguard.com/paintmini.htm

Thanks
Ryan Burroughs