Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior OEM Center Armrest

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 01:41 PM
bobafetts3
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM Center Armrest

I purchased an OEM armrest for my 06 MC and finnally got around to installing it today. I got as far as trying to screw the armrest down and found it to be nearly impossible without stripping the screws. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? My other question is that I noticed the the factory part that I pulled out is about 3-4 inches to long to be placed back in when the new armrest is installed. Do I have to go get another part that my Mini dealer forgot to tell me about?

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Chili R
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes you have to get the upper console finish panel to have the proper cut out for armrest base. I did this as well and the part cost was around 25.00. As to the screws you must just "snug" them not over tighten

Old 01-07-2007, 04:39 PM
FranticFreddy
6th Gear
When I got my OEM armrest everything but the instructions were included. (Who need s instructions?) The part you might be refering too is the DSCS bracket. There should be a replacement piece in the box. At least there was in mine.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:15 PM
bobafetts3
2nd Gear
Well lets see. I don't think it's the DSC mount. becasue there was a part in the box that the DSC should have been, but it didn't look any different then the one that was already installed.

My biggest problem is that the screws are even all the way down yet as the arm rest can wobble back and for about a 1/4-1/2 and inch so far.

I've linked some pictures so hopefully you guys will get the idea better.

Picture of the screws that I can't tighten without stipping (it's where you install 5 screws in the instructions)

Here's how the part that does fit overlaps.

Part that doesn't fit

Old 01-08-2007, 05:48 PM
FranticFreddy
6th Gear
It looks like you got the wrong piece there. The front of the console should fit in like this.

The rear portion of your piece looks wrong, there is no provision for the hinge to come out of the top. The top of the center behind the cup holder should be open.

This is the piece that I removed from my car and it looks like the piece you are trying to put in.

I hope this helps.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:11 PM
bobafetts3
2nd Gear
Yeah. I think that's the part I've got to order.. Wish my mini parts department would have told me I was going to need that part. I only drove 40 miles to get to them.. oh well. Another trip for the week.

So my last problem is why won't the screws go in all the way. I'm guessing I just have to rip it out again and make sure there isn't anything in the way. Oh well at least I know how to do it now.