Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior OEM 'S' pedals compatible?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 02:04 PM
RoknCajn
1st Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
OEM 'S' pedals compatible?

I'm thinking of replacing the pedals on my '06 MC with a set of the OEM silver pedals that are standard on the MCS. I'm wondering about compatibility and installaton ease, since from what I've gathered from NAM searches, the pedal design changed slightly from early-model Coopers to later ones, especially on the accelerator pedal.

Is it a relatively easy swap?

Also, please don't respond with "you should go with non-OEM aftermarket pedals." I'm neither into drilling on interior parts nor into the available aftermarket designs, most of which look more at home on a go-kart or a fart-canned Civic than on a MINI.

Thanks, y'all!

Old 01-08-2007, 03:01 PM
TWISTER
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yes they will work on your MC

Old 01-08-2007, 05:39 PM
xnotfunkylex
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the "S" pedals on my 2002 MC and the only one that is hard is the gas pedal. I had to have the dealer install it, but that was before i knoew about NAM. So i'm sure someone can tell you how to do it.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:46 PM
SumWon
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The swap of the clutch and brake covers are easy. The gas pedal comes as an assembly only:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...85&hg=35&fg=95

There is a tab in the middle of the assembly on the left side. This tab needs to be pressed down towards the floor while pushing the assembly towards the brake pedal (left). It took a little bit of doing as the steering column partialy interfers with upper portion. After the assemply sides out of the mount, then the wiring needs to be disconnected. It is fastened with a simple compression fitting. Just squeeze each side and pull the connector out. Reverse to put the new assembly in.

Hope that helps.

BTW, I think my Ultimate Pedals look great on my gokart:

but I don't know about a fart-canned Civic.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Mishka
6th Gear
On the RealOEM link it says that there is no replacement assembly for MINIs with auto transmission. Does anyone know if the set for manual transmission would fit/work on the pedals in an auto MINI? I don't want to buy a set and have it not fit. I can live with an extra pedal, but not three extra unusable pedals.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:17 PM
th3118
Coordinator :: Dynamic MiNi Collective
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mishka
On the RealOEM link it says that there is no replacement assembly for MINIs with auto transmission. Does anyone know if the set for manual transmission would fit/work on the pedals in an auto MINI? I don't want to buy a set and have it not fit. I can live with an extra pedal, but not three extra unusable pedals.
I believe the brake pedal in the auto is twice the size of the brake pedal in the manual. It won't fix.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Mishka
6th Gear
Originally Posted by th3118
I believe the brake pedal in the auto is twice the size of the brake pedal in the manual. It won't fix.
Dang it! That's what I was afraid of.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:51 PM
RoknCajn
1st Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice pedals ...

... on your 'gokart', SumWon. But waaay too glitzy for my OEM-look-loving (and warranty-considering) self.

Thanks for the tips, all. Looks like I'll install the brake, clutch and dead pedal myself but have the dealer do the accelerator-pedal install at my 10K service late this spring. I don't want to risk screwing up the drive-by-wire settings of the stock MC unit.

Or maybe I'll feel 'lucky' and try it in the meantime. We shall see, eh?

Old 01-10-2007, 04:49 AM
SumWon
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RoknCajn
... on your 'gokart', SumWon. But waaay too glitzy for my OEM-look-loving (and warranty-considering) self.
Thanks. They not only look good, they are functional. I was not happy with the grip quaility of the OEM MCS pedals. My feet would always slip around when they were wet. The new ones grip much better.

That gas pedal is a pain, but very do-able. Maybe give it a try, if you can't get it then turn to the dealer.