Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior NEW: Wet Okole seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 07:24 PM
billie_morini
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW: Wet Okole seat covers

Auto is 2006 S. Color is Royal Gray.

Seat Covers were made by Wet Okole. They are black with red piping.

Purpose for posting is to show others interested in seat covers an option (that I really enjoy having). This is the first day I've had them in the auto.

Additional comments:

1. Not very difficult to install
2. High quality material
3. Very well made (Ex. heavy grade fabric with 1/4 inch foam sewn in)
4. Smooth, clean, and comfortable
5. You can select crazy combinations. Mine selection is stately to plain.
6. Prior to install, I hung them to air out. When brand new in box they have some odor. Odor dissapated quickly.
7. Received covers within about 2.5 weeks of placing order
8. Photos of front and rear provided

Attached Thumbnails NEW: Wet Okole seat covers-p1010044.jpg   NEW: Wet Okole seat covers-p1010045.jpg  
Old 01-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Rick-Anderson
6th Gear
I have owned Wet Okole covers on every car I have owned for the last ten years. They are absolutely awesome on the MINI! Plus the owner of the company is a fellow Mini owner - he has a beautiful classic Mini Moke! For those who have never seen them, they are made out of neoprene - the same material they use to make wetsuits. Here is a photo of mine.

Name:  IMG_5668.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  38.5 KB

Here is a link: http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/CTGY/MINIC

A tip - be sure to buy the UV protection and treat the covers at least once a year. This will keep them from fading and make them last much longer.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:42 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, looks great!

Old 01-26-2007, 10:37 PM
estabahn
1st Gear
they look awesome! any thought as to whether or not these will play nice with the airbags in the seats?

Old 01-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Lexster05
3rd Gear
We love our Wet Okole seat covers for our cabrio. Lucky for us, we live near their shop and they offer free installation. We have heated seats and there is some loss of heat with the seat covers on.

Be careful if you have cloth seats, you should take off your Wet Okole once in a while to air them, otherwise moisture will remain under the covers and leave you with a really, nasty smell.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Turcicus
5th Gear
Originally Posted by estabahn
they look awesome! any thought as to whether or not these will play nice with the airbags in the seats?
Same question from me too. I thought seat covers were frowned upon with side airbags?

Old 01-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Wagnbat
6th Gear
They are, but Wet Okoles are custom... theres a hole cut out on the side for the airbags to deploy through.

Mine, before and after:

Old 01-27-2007, 02:13 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lexster05
Be careful if you have cloth seats, you should take off your Wet Okole once in a while to air them, otherwise moisture will remain under the covers and leave you with a really, nasty smell.
Hey thanks for the tip!
How frequently do you do this? We probably have less humidity here, but I will add that task to my spring cleaning list. Thanks again.
Here are mine:

I absolutely love them. Easy to keep clean, cool in the summer and warm in the winter. I still use the heated seats in the winter with little heat loss.
I really like the MINI wings on your seats Lexster05 and like your bat too Wagnbat!

Old 01-27-2007, 02:17 PM
RafterManFMJ
2nd Gear
Attn: Dark Silver Mini and Wet Okole owners

Trying to figure out a good color combo - Have a dark silver with black leatherette convertible on order, and wish to add some seat covers; having trouble visualizing choices on the W. O. website...

Anyone tart up thier Dark Silver with Wet Okoles? Better yet, any photos of such? Recommendations? Was thinking of solid white, but think that might exceed 'contrast' and fall into 'garish'...

Red maybe? Any ideas/help welcome!

Old 01-27-2007, 03:03 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RafterManFMJ
Trying to figure out a good color combo - Have a dark silver with black leatherette convertible on order, and wish to add some seat covers; having trouble visualizing choices on the W. O. website...

Anyone tart up thier Dark Silver with Wet Okoles? Better yet, any photos of such? Recommendations? Was thinking of solid white, but think that might exceed 'contrast' and fall into 'garish'...

Red maybe? Any ideas/help welcome!
I'm going to merge your thread with the one that billie started. Check out the cool W.O. seatcovers others have installed.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:15 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
MiniMaybee- looks great!

Old 01-27-2007, 05:38 PM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear

Thanks ken. I bought these before my MINI even arrived after seeing mmatarella's set-up.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:10 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
The original wet okole shop is about 5 blocks from me right now =)

I've seen many vehicles with them. They all look sharp!

High quality and great fit.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:56 PM
billie_morini
5th Gear
Yes, Wet Okole covers are compatible with in-seat air bags. Photos above by Wagnbat and I show the oval cut out that allows deployment. On the Wet Okole website there is a short video showing bags deploy through their covers. That is all I needed to see. You can, too (3 videos for the price of 1):

http://wetokole.net/Merchant2/mercha...Store_Code=WOH

Old 01-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Turcicus
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Wagnbat
They are, but Wet Okoles are custom... theres a hole cut out on the side for the airbags to deploy through.
Excellent!

Old 01-28-2007, 03:41 PM
markmaxwell
2nd Gear
Any thoughts on what colors would look best in an electric blue mcs? I'd kind of like to go with a blue but I wonder if theres a shade thats close enough not to clash.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Sin MINI
6th Gear
I have Hyper Blue and figured royal blue would be best. Ordered 2 swatches , Royal (#19) and Cobalt (#23...just in case). Neither matched perfectly, but wouldn't you know it, the Cobalt looked much better than the Royal.

Order swatches, only way to go. Arrived in only a few days.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:34 AM
terryg
4th Gear
Thanks for the tip about the blue, Rossdillon!

I wanted to go with full piping, but navy blue (#24) is the only background blue they have, and it's much too dark to match well with hyper blue.

How far off is the cobalt from hyber blue, and is it darker or lighter?

Old 01-29-2007, 11:02 AM
MiniMaybee
6th Gear
Check out this thread https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=88513
and specifically post #13

Edit: oops, just saw your post terryg. Did you ever get your samples?

Old 01-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Sin MINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by terryg
Thanks for the tip about the blue, Rossdillon!

I wanted to go with full piping, but navy blue (#24) is the only background blue they have, and it's much too dark to match well with hyper blue.

How far off is the cobalt from Hyper blue, and is it darker or lighter?
Neither matched perfectly. Cobalt is lighter, but the Royal blue just looked a little purple when held next to the body. Cobalt just looked better to me. YMMV however as colors are a very personal choice.

All that said, I originally planned for red seats to go with my blue interior (1) it made for a good contrast and (2) Red and Blue are my school's colors. However my sales advisor suggested against it, saying it was pretty personal and may be hard to resell. I think he was just afraid I may back out and they would be stuck with it. he also hinted that they may up my deposit if I elected to go with something "odd". I let my self get talked out of red. I regretted the choice until I saw these seat covers. They are cheaper than the seats and I can pick (almost) whatever color I want...and if the eventual buyer doesn't like them, he can ditch them.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:44 AM
terryg
4th Gear
MiniMaybee: I did finally get swatches, but I had to re-request them. After that, I sent off a question about custom graphics, but they haven't answered that, either. I'm assuming they are better to work with over the phone

Rossdillon: Sounds like we're going for a similar color scheme! My car is three tone: chili red, hyper blue, and white. I'm looking for covers with hyper blue exteriors, chili red insert panels, and white piping. I was hoping Wet Okole could do it, but their color options are too limited for the exterior color, and the red (#16) is okay, but it's a little brighter than chili red, and it's only going to get lighter as the UV fades the dyes.

I'll probably end up either vinyl dyeing the cloth to match (which is about as much fun as a root canal), or getting some neoprene custom dyed and finding an auto upholsterer that knows enough not to cover the airbags

Old 01-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Sin MINI
6th Gear
How did you get the MINI wings? I don't see them in the list of available logos...did you custom order them?

Old 01-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Sin MINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by terryg
MiniMaybee: I did finally get swatches, but I had to re-request them. After that, I sent off a question about custom graphics, but they haven't answered that, either. I'm assuming they are better to work with over the phone
I asked the same question about custom graphics and got a quick reply (must be you ). I forget the breakdown, but figure an extra 90 smackers. Part of that is for the design work ($50?), the rest for adding them to the seat covers ($39?). And in case you were wondering (on everything else we have been thinking alike), they cannot go on the headrest, only the seat cover. Submit a jpeg, he will re-size to 4" by 4".

What I had in mind is available in a patch...was thinking it may be cheaper to sew/glue the patch on the headrest (where I really want the graphic). Since I don't lean my head back, I figure I won't feel it anyway...

Old 01-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Jahmills
5th Gear
I love those black covers with the red piping and red MINI logo. I was just on their website last nite looking a similar design, except I was thinking of getting charcoal color with red piping.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:42 PM
B&D
2nd Gear
Can anyone tell me the turn around time once these are ordered?

I want to get some Black w/Orange Piping seat covers for my new HO vert.

Thanks!

-B

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior NEW: Wet Okole seat covers