Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior JCW valve Cover Badge replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 09:59 PM
Urban_Assault_JCW
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JCW valve Cover Badge replacement

I'm looking for a replacement for my JCW valve cover badge. Its a long story but lets just say I had a friend help me install my headders and in the process the valve cover badge became screw. I hate to remove my JCW badge but I don't see any other way I don't think that I could get a replacement from mini. I'm going to keep the badge I take off but right now its a real eye sore. I've looked thru the venders and haven't found a badge the exact same size as the factory valve cover bagde that I could buy with out buying a high price peformance package. So I need help does any one know of a palce that make a badge that can take its place. My car is often entered into car shows and I can't leave the current badge on.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:04 PM
MINIBee
6th Gear
Why don't you give MINI Customer service a try? They might be able to replace it. Each JCW kit has a serial number and they will be able to verify that you bought it. Send them a photo of the damaged badge and see what they can do. They know we're all obsessed with our MINIs (part of their plan) and they're used to dealing with it.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Urban_Assault_JCW
3rd Gear
thanks I'll give it a try, couldn't hurt

Old 02-02-2007, 02:35 AM
MiniMaxx
5th Gear
Craven badge

I bought a dipstick from Craven Performance and along with it they sent an aluminum valve cover badge that looked to be the exact size of the MINI or JCW valve cover badge. It was a stick on,peel the paper type adhesive deal. It looks real nice but I wasn't about to cover my JCW badge for a dipstick mod. Sorry, you can't have it as I'm going to find somewhere to put it just as soon as it warms up enough so your skin doesn't instantly freeze. So, I think if you buy any Craven product, they'll send one along.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:23 AM
CravenSpeed
Vendor
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Craven Speed Engine Badge

We do ship engine badges with many of our products. Usually engine mods. We also have them available for sale on www.cravenspeed.com. I don't send them with the dippers anymore, mostly because they don't fit in the tube .
Free badges come with all orders that include pulleys, or our new Cold Air Intake http://www.cravenspeed.com/index.php?productID=45. Normally, I would feel funny about the blatent plug, but I'm excited enough about the intake that I feel no shame showing it off .

Old 02-03-2007, 05:25 AM
MiniMaxx
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Kellen
We do ship engine badges with many of our products. Usually engine mods. We also have them available for sale on www.cravenspeed.com. I don't send them with the dippers anymore, mostly because they don't fit in the tube .
Free badges come with all orders that include pulleys, or our new Cold Air Intake http://www.cravenspeed.com/index.php?productID=45. Normally, I would feel funny about the blatent plug, but I'm excited enough about the intake that I feel no shame showing it off .
Whew, just got mine in time. I was surprised and glad when it came with my order. I thought it was a classy idea.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:07 AM
goin440
6th Gear
John Cooper Works in the UK will probably be a better option vs. miniusa.