Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Black-out fans rejoice (another Palo Uber innovation)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007 | 10:27 AM
Mr Battle
3rd Gear
So you only purchase something because its innovative? Not because it helps the overall look / performance of your car? Thats kinda weak... Its like saying "Well i decided to put this piece of S^#$ on my hood because no one else is offering it... and i only payed 270 dollars!"

Originally Posted by Passat774
I think there products are innovative, thus I purchase them. There light bar is the only one that bolts to the car and only needs small holes in the bumper cover to install.

They also, have a new adjustable rear wing. The only one of it's kind, bolts directly to the car no additional mods needed.

And this new black out kit, not eveyone is as resourceful and wants to go thru the hassle of getting these parts painted at a body shop.

Lastly, when it comes to wheels that is a whole other story. The only places in the world quality wheels come from are Germany and Japan. Or custom built forged wheels in the US. The thing that gets me is that most people here install wheels that are "lighter" than there s-lites but the quality is not even half as good as there OE wheels.

Old 03-02-2007 | 10:30 AM
F15EWeapon
|
5th Gear
Originally Posted by CooprTrooper
So you only purchase something because its innovative? Not because it helps the overall look / performance of your car? Thats kinda weak... Its like saying "Well i decided to put this piece of S^#$ on my hood because no one else is offering it... and i only payed 270 dollars!"

Dude get real.... argue semantics on some other board. This is your first POST??

Welcome to NAM....

Old 03-02-2007 | 10:31 AM
Konky
4th Gear
rip-off

Old 03-02-2007 | 10:32 AM
Mr Battle
3rd Gear
hahaha this is not my first post... i have prob been around wayyyyyyyyy longer than you. I dunno why I only have one post on my account. Dave?

Old 03-02-2007 | 10:34 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
Unless you are informed of things....please stop posting them as facts. It's not the only one of its kind

Other adjustable wings available for the MINI:
  • Fireballed spoiler
  • JCW cup spoiler
  • M7 wing if you got one while they were available (to be released again from what I've heard)
  • The GP look-a-like from the japanese company who's name escapes me...they have a distributor here in the states
Maybe you can call mounting methods of things like lightbars innovative...but i would struggle to award that much credit
To my knowledge some of those spoliers are fixed.. ?

And come one relax, no need for you to worry if your not spending the $$ at Palo Uber, I am

Old 03-02-2007 | 10:36 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Passat774
To my knowledge some of those spoliers are fixed.. ?

And come one relax, no need for you to worry if your not spending the $$ at Palo Uber, I am
Which ones are fixed? Maybe the JCW cup one is...but I'm 85% sure its adjustable. The other ones are FOR SURE adjustable.....just read the vendor announcements.

The company whose name i forgot was either Arqray or Arqay...forget how to spell it.

I'm not worried about who is spending money. I'm worried about you spreading all of this misinformation. You can buy the spoiler and thats awesome....but don't tell people that they should buy it because its the only adjustable one. Someone who is new to the MINI community may not know of other options and feel that they need to spend an unreasonable 700 dollars to get an adjustable spoiler when there are in fact other spoilers available.

Again, i ask you to be informed before posting.

Old 03-02-2007 | 10:52 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
I am sorry you feel that I am not informed enough to post my feelings and dealings with a worthwhile sponsor of this forum.

I feel that there products are cost effective and inovative enough for me to spend my hard earned money on. And to share with others the great customer service and follow up when I deal with the company.

Good luck and lets get back to driving !!

Old 03-02-2007 | 10:57 AM
golden_child
Coordinator :: Capital Area MINI Modders
Rally--

the first spelling is correct "Arqray
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
Which ones are fixed? Maybe the JCW cup one is...but I'm 85% sure its adjustable. The other ones are FOR SURE adjustable.....just read the vendor announcements.

The company whose name i forgot was either Arqray or Arqay...forget how to spell it.

I'm not worried about who is spending money. I'm worried about you spreading all of this misinformation. You can buy the spoiler and thats awesome....but don't tell people that they should buy it because its the only adjustable one. Someone who is new to the MINI community may not know of other options and feel that they need to spend an unreasonable 700 dollars to get an adjustable spoiler when there are in fact other spoilers available.

Again, i ask you to be informed before posting.

Old 03-02-2007 | 10:58 AM
edubledie
4th Gear
im not sure but does palo ber EVER get business because i have yet to see one descently priced item from them. wow 300 bucks for some tape that you can get for like 10 bucks elsewhere

Old 03-02-2007 | 11:01 AM
F15EWeapon
|
5th Gear
Originally Posted by edubledie
im not sure but does palo ber EVER get business because i have yet to see one descently priced item from them. wow 300 bucks for some tape that you can get for like 10 bucks elsewhere
$300 does not buy you "tape"

Old 03-02-2007 | 11:08 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
I am sure they get plenty of business, and I will continue to support them as they have been very good to me

Old 03-02-2007 | 11:32 AM
ca$per
6th Gear
The $297 or so buys the whole set. Think of it as having another set at home and you can always use your stock ones. RallyMINI is right for the wings all of those wings are adjustable, it comes down to personal taste and price if it matters to some. IMO, I would not put a tape on my car to black-out the trim nor take them off to paint cause I might need them one day, so I would probably buy a new set (from Uber for example). The way I see it, some people like to buy jeans from Levis for $29 and some other people like to buy them from "7" for $300... they do the same job and sometimes they look the same but saying that you have a "7" on comes with a price tag . It's not stupid to buy expensive things if you can afford it and from personal experience some expensive parts have lots of time that goes into it to give that personal touch that you would probably be the only one to see. if we would just focus on price, well, we might just give it all to China to do it and I'm sure they would do a good job at a VERY low cost. We can keep talking about different parts and compare them together and argue, but at the end of the day it comes down to your personal taste, desire and ability.

Happy Motoring

Old 03-02-2007 | 12:27 PM
07PepperS
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by F15EWeapon
Geez...well said. I certainly didn't mean to offer up Palo Uber on a proverbial sacraficial altar. Maybe using the word "Rejoice" was not the right sentiment... shows what I know about black-out fans. Regarding the price differential of many of their products, I think the larger world economy has a lot to do with it. For example, lets say these blacked out trim pieces cost a vendor $100 in the States... realistically in my experience, it cost 100 quid in England, nearly double our price. Combine that with the cost of shipping it overseas here, and Palo Uber finds itself with having a hard time competing with the US market.

I guess my entire point is that despite all of these things, I'm pleased to see that "new" companies are bringing fresh products to market for us.
F15 - thanks for the info on the new product. I too have a new product to offer (not really - you can't drive my new R56 innovation) I pick it up next week - yippeeee

but thanks for sending info above.

OHH, and R56 PepperS has a name now - I call her Java

Old 03-02-2007 | 12:35 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ca$per
The $297 or so buys the whole set. Think of it as having another set at home and you can always use your stock ones. RallyMINI is right for the wings all of those wings are adjustable, it comes down to personal taste and price if it matters to some. IMO, I would not put a tape on my car to black-out the trim nor take them off to paint cause I might need them one day, so I would probably buy a new set (from Uber for example). The way I see it, some people like to buy jeans from Levis for $29 and some other people like to buy them from "7" for $300... they do the same job and sometimes they look the same but saying that you have a "7" on comes with a price tag . It's not stupid to buy expensive things if you can afford it and from personal experience some expensive parts have lots of time that goes into it to give that personal touch that you would probably be the only one to see. if we would just focus on price, well, we might just give it all to China to do it and I'm sure they would do a good job at a VERY low cost. We can keep talking about different parts and compare them together and argue, but at the end of the day it comes down to your personal taste, desire and ability.

Happy Motoring
What you say about labels and names being worth the extra money is very true. But, I dont think it applies to Palo Uber. It isn't a well known name, and has yet to prove to be of a superior quality be it in looks, or in finish. Hamman, AC schnitzer, Brabus, Fabulous, Tech Art, Carlsson, Lorinser....those are designer labels in the car modifying world ...and believe me, you pay designer costs for those. They spent a lot of time and money to gain that status as a Name or Label that is worthy of Luxury.

Now we have Palo Uber who is new on the scene of car tuning. None of their products are vastly superior. Yah, maybe you guys like their mounting method better when it comes to their front light bar......but they have yet to offer anything that BLOWS AWAY the competition. They have yet to gain the standing as a designer label with ANY of their parts yet. They are simply trying to LOOK like a designer label by jacking the prices up.

So in conclusion.... yes, people pay extra for "7" pants, brooks brothers , lacoste, armani, gucci, etc when they could be buying levis, faded glory, or other "cheaper" brand clothing. And I'm all for that. I tend to pay extra for the big name brands myself. But all of those companies that have expensive labels have gotten to that level by providing quality clothing that FAR surpasses (in style, design, quality, and materials) those offered by Levis.

Palo Uber still seems like a pair of Levi's jeans with a high price tag. They have yet to provide anything that far surpasses what is already out there, and for that reason....their name means just as much as M7, Alta, Out Motoring, Helix, Rogue Underground, webb motorsports, and all of the other tuners. If they came out with something that is of true superior quality and design, and blew me away, then they would gain the level of "designer label" and would deserve such high prices. But as of now, they are just trying to look like designers while selling cheaper parts. Sure, they have good quality....but they dont have astounding quality.

Also, anyone who justifies Palo Uber purchases simply on the name label argument, better not have some cheap 18s from motegi or wheelmax. Because, if they were concerned about name labels they would have HRE's iForges's BBS, OZ's or Volks on their ride.

Old 03-02-2007 | 12:47 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
So the PU kit is $297 - How much do the six OEM pieces themselves cost, along with new clips?

For someone that would rather replace their factory pieces than paint them, $297 might not be highway robbery, if a significant portion of that is the cost of the factory pieces themselves.

As an aside, how would you powdercoat the factory pieces? Does the metal portion of the trim pop away from the plastic backing (which obviously wouldn't survive the powdercoating process)? How hard is it to remove and replace without bending it or ending up with a loose fit when you put it back on?

Old 03-02-2007 | 01:17 PM
ca$per
6th Gear
RallyMINI,
You might be right in some of what you said, I haven't seen any of their products to be honest, but only read the best from people who did purchase them. All the brands you mentioned had to start from somewhere and believe me they started with expensive stuff and even if Uber are new to the market when do they have the right to own their high status and who is to say when? (remember, and correct me if I'm wrong, most if not all customers are very happy with quality and service) Knowing that Uber doesn't add a new item to the MINI community but it is new in its own style and qaulity... I'm not defending them here, I'm just stating my opinion. You don't want to know what I think about their plastic addition to the spoiler "Uber Wing", but it doesn't hurt the market to have those products as it makes other brands more appreciated. I don't know if you have stayed in London, but everything there is expensive and it's no surprise to me that Uber is too. Moreover, I don't know if you know this, lots of wheel manufacturers turn to China and south east Asia now to do the labor for them, but you don't see prices going down as they cost much less and in lots of cases... less quality (but again it's not that noticable as most people would not know the difference). At the end of the day it's a matter of taste. I personally like M7 stuff and would keep buying lacoste and I don't know which kind of wheels I'm going to get for my ride, but I see your point regarding the whole issue .

cheers

Old 03-02-2007 | 02:51 PM
glnr13
6th Gear
alright y'all #1... i live in china right this second. i visit factories every other day making clothes for the united states... it's the same damn shiiite... same fabric, same quality, same material, same quality control, same color, same everything... i make clothes for companies that ALL OF YOU ARE WEARING OR HAVE WORN BEFORE! from bs kohls to high end bs saks fifth avenue in the same gawl darn factory with the same gawl darn yarns and the same darn machines and the same darn people... seriously. i am not lying. test me, any of you... i dare you!

i love it... ooooOOOooooo it's from London! must be gooooooOOOOOOood. These guys are from Huntington Beach California, Duuuuude...
RallyMini is more LA than these cats... for real though

now as far as this palo uber shiiiite... maaaaaann... if you don't see it, you don't see it.. no worries. both sides are right. i for SURE am NOT buying any PeeeEWE London items. if you want to represent some titanium pulley for mad dough.. whatever. to each their own, in fact one of their magical items "is the only full hood induction scoop with CERTIFIED air flow dynamics"certified by who?

like i said... to each their own. you wanna buy, all good. i like the look of that scoop myself but i hate most of their selling points which makes me NEVER want to give them any of my money....

also, this was not a vendor announcemet, we're allowed to diss/hate if we want. some are just trying to warn others that some of their items are snake oil...

and by the way... dissing on some one because their post count is low is BS... BOOOOO to you!

now, back on topic... labels are labels, buy what you want for whatever price.
but one thing's for sure, palo uber is NOT high end. they're as good as, if not less than, their competitors

Old 03-02-2007 | 03:38 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
It seems there are two schools of thought here.

Those that are trying to do a public service and say hey there are other options out there. Buyer's its worth while to do some more research and not go off of just a sales pitch. (the OP quoted the Uber site)

Then there are those who are being loyal to their vendor. I know this is common with all of the major vendors here on NAM. I know there are still some people who even with everything this summer/fall will stand by Webb without hesitation, there some who won't look anywhere outside of M7 for their modding needs. There are some who standy by Wahlen, Detroit tuned, Fireballed, Miniworks, and so on and so forth. MINI enthusiasts tend to be very loyal by nature. It is a powerful force and something that keeps many vedors in business.

Please post informed, I don't care about your post count, back it up. Link me some information that supports your statement. Certified parts, show me who certified it and their webpage showing the certification and standards. Show me information backing up why something is the way it is. Cause post count is meaningless, you can be a MINItech or McD's drive through operator for all I know.

Personally I rarely see so much outrage at the mere mention of other possibilities.

Old 03-02-2007 | 03:59 PM
batrugger
5th Gear
Hey!!! I like Kelli's Super Uber Gigantor Scoop, we bought it based on the look alone . Honestly, I think they're stuff is expensive, too rich for my blood, but I think most MINI products are expensive compared to the VW aftermarket that I am most familiar with. I do think the bar is a good value compared to the other vendors offerings. The bar bolts right to the car, is so solid you could jack the car up or tow the car with it, it is $289, comes w/ a wiring harness, and you get whatever lights you like, The other alternative is $400 and you get 4 lights of they're choosing. The blacked out trim is a great idea I think, but it is way too much for my blood. It did make me check how much the parts are to get though. Maybe I'll get a set and have them painted.

Old 03-02-2007 | 04:14 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
Old 03-02-2007 | 05:13 PM
batrugger
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Motor On

Old 03-02-2007 | 06:05 PM
Pir8 97
4th Gear
This thread makes me laugh. I've got a bridge in Brooklyn some of you guys might wanna buy... I'll pm ya details

Old 03-02-2007 | 06:13 PM
Mr Battle
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by F15EWeapon
Dude get real.... argue semantics on some other board. This is your first POST??

Welcome to NAM....
::looks at joined date and post count::
hmmmmm

Old 03-02-2007 | 10:10 PM
mini b
2nd Gear
I just wish Palo Uber would answer they're damn phone once in a while.

Old 03-02-2007 | 10:16 PM
F15EWeapon
|
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mr Battle
::looks at joined date and post count::
hmmmmm
You're trying to make what point here? (Looks at your own similar join date and half the post count of my own.) Me not having a 4000 post count? For that, I would blame the fact that I only post when I feel I have something to say or something to offer. I don't just rant at someone because I feel like taking a tremendous dump on someone, and I certainly don't hold myself in any higher esteem than anyone else on these boards. If I disagree with someone, I do my best to provide a reason for it, and I don't make efforts to foist my opinion on top of someone else's.

As far as this topic is concerned, I'm done discussing it. My experience with Palo Uber to date has been purchasing what I consider to be a fine set of wheels. I found this item practically buried in their web site, and I thought it was neat and worth sharing. Is that so very wrong of me? Here I was thinking, oh cool, I like that idea... well, you know the rest of the story if you've read this far into the thread. I most certainly would not have done so if I had any foresight into the very public beating both Palo Uber and myself have taken for being so obviously stupid for buying something from them. I'm so terribly sorry I chose to spend my money on something so obviously un-fashionable. I'll be sure to ask for approval from a trusted clique member before I make any buying decisions in the future.

And as far as my post regarding Mr. Battles post count... (Who knows why it said post count 1 now?) my point was that for a post (first or not) it's just extremely negative and frankly I've had enough negativity. I respect members of NAM that have something to offer, and being nasty doesn't qualify. Mini's are about fun, individuality and personal enjoyment, and that kind of talk and thinking just irritates me. My apologies for losing my temper... my lashing out wasn't any better than his own in retrospect.

Palo Uber will stand or fail on their own merit obviously. $800 titanium pulley? Ridiculous! Nice wheels and light bar however! Blacked out Trim?? Apparently right up there with the pulley. Sorry for my bad judgement, I'll not be subjecting you all to it anymore... at least on this thread.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Black-out fans rejoice (another Palo Uber innovation)