Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Paulo Uber Stubby Antenna Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 07:53 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Passat774
Thanks PGT, sorry I did not get here sooner to defend Palo Uber

Anyway, Palo Uber already sent a replacement no questions asked, pretty nice thing for them to do. Have you sent your old one back yet? Have you emailed them about the condition of the new one?

Everyone, is very quick to jump on Palo Uber about doing something wrong without allowing them to fix the problem..
Yes, they did send a replacement. They also admitted they had an issue and would send the replacement. I offered to return the 1st one that had the issue and I was told there was no reason to send it back. I did not ask for a prepaid shipping label, I merely asked if they wanted the old one back,

Again for the umteenth time. I asked their representitive at AMVIV if the replacement was anodized or painted. I was told it was double anodized in the UK since they has issues with the L.A. based anodizer. When I stated it looked painted I was told that they anodize things differently in the UK.

Do you know what anodizing is?

Please see this article from Coatings and Fabrication http://www.coatfab.com/anodising.htm

Please note the last line. "The film, which is metallurgically bonded to the aluminium, will not crack or peel as with conventional paint films."

Now please go back and look at the item on the left. Note the chips in the coating. Anodized coatings do not chip like that.

What more can I do with this company. They out right lied to me directly. The replacement is clearly painted. Would you like me to send it to you as proof Passat774? The product has been clearly misrepresented to me. Not only that, the quality of the finish of the replacement is poor.

Please note. I did go to the company and gave them the oppertunity to right the wrong before posting on NAM Instead they sent a replacement product that was finished in a manner differently then advertised and when asked about that they fabricated a story about double anodization. What more is expected of me as the consumer before I discuss my experiences with the world.

I have purchased 10's of thousands of dollars worth of Mods for my Mini. Not all transactions have been prefect. In each case I discussed the matter with the vendor and it was rectified. This is the one instance where it was not. Would you like me to document all of them?

PM me your phone # and I will pay for the call to discuss the matter with you.

Please also look at all the posts I have on NAM and see if I vendor bash. While you are at it, please check MetroplexMini.org under the same user name and see the tone and tenor of my posts. I'm sure you will find I was more then fair before I brought this matter public.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:31 AM
PGT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 for gnatster - no BS and a good guy.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:56 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PGT
he has? perhaps you've confused him with Passat774. I don't recall seeing him do anything of the sort. Again, I could be wrong.
You may be right, PGT. I was probably thinking about Pissant. But, Bahama's post did rub me the wrong way. I was having a bad day, though. Sorry, Bah....

Old 04-04-2007, 03:57 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 1nf3rn0
You must be on PU's payroll...
Maybe he is Sir Hattrick. After all, no one can seem to find him.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:37 AM
norm03s
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LynnEl
You may be right, PGT. I was probably thinking about Pissant. But, Bahama's post did rub me the wrong way. I was having a bad day, though. Sorry, Bah....
To funny , Pissant, Sir Hattrick, Palo Uber.

Last edited by norm03s; 04-04-2007 at 04:41 AM. Reason: adding text
Old 04-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gnatster
Yes, they did send a replacement. They also admitted they had an issue and would send the replacement. I offered to return the 1st one that had the issue and I was told there was no reason to send it back. I did not ask for a prepaid shipping label, I merely asked if they wanted the old one back,

Again for the umteenth time. I asked their representitive at AMVIV if the replacement was anodized or painted. I was told it was double anodized in the UK since they has issues with the L.A. based anodizer. When I stated it looked painted I was told that they anodize things differently in the UK.

Do you know what anodizing is?

Please see this article from Coatings and Fabrication http://www.coatfab.com/anodising.htm

Please note the last line. "The film, which is metallurgically bonded to the aluminium, will not crack or peel as with conventional paint films."

Now please go back and look at the item on the left. Note the chips in the coating. Anodized coatings do not chip like that.

What more can I do with this company. They out right lied to me directly. The replacement is clearly painted. Would you like me to send it to you as proof Passat774? The product has been clearly misrepresented to me. Not only that, the quality of the finish of the replacement is poor.

Please note. I did go to the company and gave them the oppertunity to right the wrong before posting on NAM Instead they sent a replacement product that was finished in a manner differently then advertised and when asked about that they fabricated a story about double anodization. What more is expected of me as the consumer before I discuss my experiences with the world.

I have purchased 10's of thousands of dollars worth of Mods for my Mini. Not all transactions have been prefect. In each case I discussed the matter with the vendor and it was rectified. This is the one instance where it was not. Would you like me to document all of them?

PM me your phone # and I will pay for the call to discuss the matter with you.

Please also look at all the posts I have on NAM and see if I vendor bash. While you are at it, please check MetroplexMini.org under the same user name and see the tone and tenor of my posts. I'm sure you will find I was more then fair before I brought this matter public.
I was just asking questions to see what had happened in regards to the transaction. It looks like they tried to right the wrong but have not "truly" solved the issue.

Now I would just email them again and ask for a refund.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:11 AM
PGT
Banned
I was just asking questions to see what had happened in regards to the transaction. It looks like they tried to right the wrong but have not "truly" solved the issue.

Now I would just email them again and ask for a refund.
so, in your opinion, one can 'right the wrong' through a lie or bait and switch? interesting angle on this

Old 04-04-2007, 08:14 AM
slag1911
4th Gear
Originally Posted by PGT
so, in your opinion, one can 'right the wrong' through a lie or bait and switch? interesting angle on this
seems like SOP for uber...

Old 04-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Infraction issued for disrespectful post. Name calling is not tolerated here. See guideline #2 in the NAM Site Guidelines.
Originally Posted by norm03s
To funny , Pissant, Sir Hattrick, Palo Uber.
Not funny. Against the rules. Don't make the same mistake.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
Originally Posted by PGT
No, in business mistakes happen, things do go wrong. The only solution I see if he is not happy with this new product is to send it back and get his money back.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:55 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
You're skirting around the real issue here Passat. The OP was directly lied to when he questioned his replacement part. It wasn't a mistake, it was a blatant lie to shut the customer up.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
Originally Posted by VicSkimmr
You're skirting around the real issue here Passat. The OP was directly lied to when he questioned his replacement part. It wasn't a mistake, it was a blatant lie to shut the customer up.

Sorry, I did not mean to. I do not know what the coating is on the new one, seems like they "tried" to fix it. Whatever method they used right or wrong if he does not like it send it back for a refund.

I also agree that the new does not look like anything that I have ever had anodized looked like.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:14 AM
glnr13
6th Gear
Sorry, I did not mean to. I do not know what the coating is on the new one, seems like they "tried" to fix it. Whatever method they used right or wrong if he does not like it send it back for a refund.

I also agree that the new does not look like anything that I have ever had anodized looked like.
passat, you've made your point. you appreciate PU's customer service and you would like people to stop bashing them...

but in this particular case it does not apply. PU lied to gnatster. they tried to solve the problem with a lie. this is a blatant lie. their attempt at customer service here is somewhat appreciatable because they wanted to fix his problem but it's completely nullified because it was not truthful. this is the point that many, many users have been trying to get you to understand.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
Well, you aren't the first I've rubbed the wrong way .

No need for appologizes - this IS NAM afterall .

Old 04-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Passat774
5th Gear
Originally Posted by glnr13
passat, you've made your point. you appreciate PU's customer service and you would like people to stop bashing them...

but in this particular case it does not apply. PU lied to gnatster. they tried to solve the problem with a lie. this is a blatant lie. their attempt at customer service here is somewhat appreciatable because they wanted to fix his problem but it's completely nullified because it was not truthful. this is the point that many, many users have been trying to get you to understand.
Thanks, I do understand and did stay out until someone addressed me directly.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:32 AM
YakiMini
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Gnatster
Did you speak to the M.M. guys at AMVIV and also receive your replacement there? Or did you receive the replacement in the mail?
Motor On!

Old 04-04-2007, 09:33 AM
chamoko2
Neutral
SUPER STICK WAY TO GO. What a farce.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:36 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Cheers for that! I'd send it back too and replace it with an S2000 antenna.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:41 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by YakiMini
Gnatster
Did you speak to the M.M. guys at AMVIV and also receive your replacement there? Or did you receive the replacement in the mail?
Motor On!
From the first post in this thread, Gnatster received the replacement in the mail before AMVIV. It was while he was at AMVIV that he approached Patrick (a PU guy, not a Mini Madness guy) and was told that the crappy spray-painted finish on the replacement antenna was some kind of special British "double-anodizing" procedure.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:48 AM
YakiMini
5th Gear
M.M. ='s Mini-Madness

Old 04-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Loony2N
6th Gear
Well, thanks Bahamabart.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:02 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Threads about PU make Baby Jesus cry...

I agree with the S2000 antenna sentiment - it's a tad longer than the other stubbies I've seen, but it gets great reception and the black platcic/rubber coating wears very well. I'd toss the PU one back for a refund if I were in your shoes.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
I guess I'm old...

whatever happened to bent hangar wire? Want a stubby, just cut it shorter...

Matt

Old 04-04-2007, 10:30 AM
gnatster
6th Gear
Originally Posted by YakiMini
Gnatster
Motor On!
The replacement was recieved in the mail before AMVIV.

I spoke to a gentleman at the Madness booth. He is an older gentleman with a British accent. He was not dressed in the same manner the Madness people were and when quired if he was Patrick answered in the afirmative.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:46 AM
gnatster
6th Gear

They did try to fix the issue. I have no beef with that, I respect that in a vendor. As you saw the fix was not that same as the orginal advertised item. Again, I have no issue there, except for the following.

1. When a replacement is is substantialy different then the orginal the consumer should be told and allowed to decide if the new item is similar enough to the consumer that said consumer would want to continue to use the item.

2. The misreprensentation of the fixed item. I don't think I need to explain what was misrepresented again.

I gave this company a chance, they proved to me they do not care about me as a consumer enough to tell me the truth. I want nothing more to do with them and will eat the $50 as I cannot trust that anything they do or tell me from this point forward is correct.

To all of you pushing the Honda S2000 stubby. Thanks, but that is not the look I desired, if it was I would have gone that route. I have subsequently found that even using no antenna I can still receive the single NPR station I listen to on occasion. I will obtain a bolt of the proper thread and diameter to fill the hole. I'll fit it with an O-Ring to seal out moisture and dirt, then grind the head down as much as I can to achieve a flat look and paint it black myself.

This solves my issue for me in a manner acceptable to me.

I only posted about this issue so others will be aware of the experiences I had with this vendor. I hold no grudge I do believe I have shown throughout these posts I have left emotion out and dealt with fact only.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Paulo Uber Stubby Antenna Issues