Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior My New Personalized Tag Came Today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007 | 01:44 PM
1QukMINI
|
6th Gear
My New Personalized Tag Came Today!

Hint: I am in the coffee industry as a Director of Training....
jason

Old 05-01-2007 | 03:07 PM
Chappy
5th Gear
LMAO, 2 funny.

I'm surprised they let you get that one, but I like it.

Old 05-01-2007 | 03:28 PM
ARTSJCW
6th Gear
Now Now Jason!
See you at the Dragon...safe travels!

Old 05-01-2007 | 03:33 PM
Jeremy1026
Everyones gonna think you got in a fight one day waiting for your half-caf-double-mocha-nonfat-late, with whip cream on top, but only an inch tall

Old 05-01-2007 | 05:00 PM
NMgokart
6th Gear
Having been around strbx since their infancy, and having hated their product the whole time, I gotta say, this is the best license plate I have seen in my 50 years.
beanryboy, YOU ROCK!!!!

Old 05-01-2007 | 05:05 PM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
Originally Posted by beanryboy
jason

That's classic. LMAO!

Makes me want a Venti white chocolate mocha with nonfat milk and no whip though

BRB!

Old 05-01-2007 | 06:31 PM
1QukMINI
|
6th Gear
I don't care. It's funny as crap. I have hated $tarbux for ten years, but seeing this tag makes me laugh my butt off! I drove out for a couple of hours and saw three cars behind me laughing at it as well! And yeah, I am surprised they let me get it. I was going to get 1QUKMINI if they turned it down, but I am glad they didn't! And you can have your white chocolate mocha with nonfat milk and no whip, just find a local coffeeshop where the people really do care about you being there. For anyone who wants to know what $tarbucks baristas think of you, read this: http://starbucksgossip.typepad.com/_...s_baris_1.html
jason

Old 05-01-2007 | 07:49 PM
Mrs. Skurvy
3rd Gear
Ahhh... Ode to the evil empire... LMAO!!! That's super FAB!!!

Old 05-01-2007 | 08:00 PM
MINIFiredancer
2nd Gear
jason

NICE! As a proudly reformed, former employee umm cult member of that so-called 'we sell everything under the sun with a little bit of coffee' coffee company....

I 100% approve

Friends don't let friends drink $tarbuck$

Way to represent....

Ciao~

Last edited by MINIFiredancer; 05-01-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-01-2007 | 10:55 PM
dlroto
3rd Gear
love the vanity plates.

Old 05-02-2007 | 04:12 AM
1QukMINI
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIFiredancer
NICE! As a proudly reformed, former employee umm cult member of that so-called 'we sell everything under the sun with a little bit of coffee' coffee company....

I 100% approve

Friends don't let friends drink $tarbuck$

Way to represent....

Ciao~
Yeah, I have that bumper sticker on my boot glass, as well...

Old 05-02-2007 | 04:20 AM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
I like coffee.

That said, as a frequent traveller, the ubiquity and consistency of Starbucks makes me happy for the 90% of the time when I'm not looking for a local coffeehouse experience...

Obviously everybody else thinks they suck too. That's why they sell so much coffee.

But if you're a little guy, you gotta hate the big guy. That's the way it works in my industry, too.

And given recent stories in the news of plates being jerked, don't be surprised when the manager of your local evil empire coffee shop sees your plate, calls the DMV, and you get a letter that you won't like.... now THAT sux.

Old 05-02-2007 | 04:43 AM
1QukMINI
|
6th Gear
Three things, with all duest respect Mr. Blimey from my neck of tha woods. $tarbucks has been successful not in creating great coffee, but in marketing. Second, I do not just hate $tarbux because I now work for the little guy, but have for years previously. And oh yeah, third, at last check, there was no trademark on strbx, and as per the DMV website, "The Division may refuse to issue a plate with a letter combination that is offensive to good taste and decency", and they approve all plate choices. So, practicing my freedom of speech has prevailed. Besides, why would you not look for a local coffeehouse experience? :-)
jason

Last edited by 1QukMINI; 05-02-2007 at 04:51 AM.
Old 05-02-2007 | 04:50 AM
1QukMINI
|
6th Gear
By the way, I will be bringing coffee roasted from our local coffee company, up to the Dragon. If anyone needs any, let me know in the next couple of days! (On the house!)
jason

Old 05-02-2007 | 04:53 AM
kramseib
3rd Gear
I like it!!! I am also surprised that VA let mine go. It is:

AWWW WTF

I have to tell my 11 year old son that it means... AWWW Way Too Fun.

Last edited by kramseib; 05-02-2007 at 04:58 AM.
Old 05-02-2007 | 05:22 AM
Silverbullit
6th Gear
Great plate!! Good luck on keeping it. I had HAULNAS in Indiana for seven years and they pulled it. That sucked!!

06MCS/DS/B/Bbonnetstripes/Whalen8ballshiftmachine

Old 05-02-2007 | 05:28 AM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Three things, with all duest respect Mr. Blimey from my neck of tha woods. $tarbucks has been successful not in creating great coffee, but in marketing. Second, I do not just hate $tarbux because I now work for the little guy, but have for years previously. And oh yeah, third, at last check, there was no trademark on strbx, and as per the DMV website, "The Division may refuse to issue a plate with a letter combination that is offensive to good taste and decency", and they approve all plate choices. So, practicing my freedom of speech has prevailed. Besides, why would you not look for a local coffeehouse experience? :-)
jason
I didn't say they had the best coffee. Or even the best marketing. But they definitely have the MOST marketing.

I did say that I can get it almost anywhere, I can order the same thing, and it almost always comes out the same way, inferior or not. Unfortunately, sometimes independent coffeehouses (which I DO frequent where I live, happily) disappoint me with their product even more that the evil empire.

I work for a little guy, too. And we're better than the big guys in our industry, too. Almost every industry works that way. But that doesn't mean we can do everything the big guys can. We have to win on the merits of being better at what we choose to focus on, and on the merits of our superior product or service. Or I guess we could just try to win the name-calling war.

The reason I put the angry face up is that I'm with you on the free speech thing. But I'll bet you $10 that your plate doesn't survive 24 months. Just because NC DMV approved it doesn't mean they won't pull it. There have been several cases less "offensive" than yours (which isn't offensive in my eyes) which have been pulled in the last couple of months. They're cracking down. And all it takes in ONE complaint, unfortunately, because we all live in the United States of the Offended.

Old 05-02-2007 | 09:25 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
I like the plate, I was more surpised at the letter count. I think that may be the 1st US plate I've seen with more than 7 characters.
Starbux is like Micro$ponge. They are so big and have so much presence that they don't care if you personally hate them and never go back into a store. I'm a computer geek and don't like Microsoft, but if I want to work in the field, I have to use their products constantly. At least you don't HAVE to drink Starbux.

Old 05-02-2007 | 01:24 PM
1QukMINI
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Agro
I like the plate, I was more surpised at the letter count. I think that may be the 1st US plate I've seen with more than 7 characters.
Starbux is like Micro$ponge. They are so big and have so much presence that they don't care if you personally hate them and never go back into a store. I'm a computer geek and don't like Microsoft, but if I want to work in the field, I have to use their products constantly. At least you don't HAVE to drink Starbux.
Thanks, as a Mac fan, I agree wholeheartedly. Being a MINI owner to me means thinking different, outside of the box, and that's what I like about most of the other MINI owners I know!
jason

Old 05-02-2007 | 01:28 PM
1QukMINI
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BlimeyCabrio
I didn't say they had the best coffee. Or even the best marketing. But they definitely have the MOST marketing.

I did say that I can get it almost anywhere, I can order the same thing, and it almost always comes out the same way, inferior or not. Unfortunately, sometimes independent coffeehouses (which I DO frequent where I live, happily) disappoint me with their product even more that the evil empire.

I work for a little guy, too. And we're better than the big guys in our industry, too. Almost every industry works that way. But that doesn't mean we can do everything the big guys can. We have to win on the merits of being better at what we choose to focus on, and on the merits of our superior product or service. Or I guess we could just try to win the name-calling war.

The reason I put the angry face up is that I'm with you on the free speech thing. But I'll bet you $10 that your plate doesn't survive 24 months. Just because NC DMV approved it doesn't mean they won't pull it. There have been several cases less "offensive" than yours (which isn't offensive in my eyes) which have been pulled in the last couple of months. They're cracking down. And all it takes in ONE complaint, unfortunately, because we all live in the United States of the Offended.
I will agree they have the best and most marketing. But, I would be happy to recommend shops near you that serve good coffee. As far as the free speech thing goes, I am not trying to push any limits whatsoever. If they do pull it, so be it. I already have one in mind that will match my screen name here. But if it remains, it will only say something I have said for years in person, and on my boot glass. Thanks for respect, though, and maybe I can meet you at the Dragon and give you a hug! Or at least a handshake....
jason

Old 05-02-2007 | 01:35 PM
batgirlwildcat
6th Gear
I can meet you at the Dragon and give you a hug!
Hey! That's my line!

Personally, I don't love or hate Strbx, though the convenience and consistency is nice. I do, however, have a sense of humor and think the license plate is funny.

Old 05-02-2007 | 01:49 PM
1QukMINI
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by batgirlwildcat
Hey! That's my line!

Personally, I don't love or hate Strbx, though the convenience and consistency is nice. I do, however, have a sense of humor and think the license plate is funny.
Yep, it's all about the humor aspect of it. Either you get it, and most people have, or ya don't! Sees ya at the Dragon!
jason

Old 05-02-2007 | 02:01 PM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Hey - I love the plate. And I love free speech. And I love little guys. And I love independent coffee shops. And I love Frappuccino's. And I love funny stuff. And I love old pains in the a$$. And I love hugs from batgirl. And I love handshakes from guys. Love ever, hate never.

I just didn't want beanryboy to get too attached to that plate, cause "DMVSUX"...

That's all.

I have 2-3 local coffeehouses I frequent. And my church brews awesome coffee every Sunday that's our special blend from a local independent roaster. I do my fair share (whatever that means) to support the independents.

But when I'm in an airport, or driving down the interstate, or late for a meeting, Starbucks is a nice choice to have. That's my point.

Old 05-02-2007 | 02:03 PM
batgirlwildcat
6th Gear
There is a minivan where I work that has: OFF2*BX

(The * is literally a star.)

Old 05-02-2007 | 02:08 PM
1QukMINI
|
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BlimeyCabrio
Hey - I love the plate. And I love free speech. And I love little guys. And I love independent coffee shops. And I love Frappuccino's. And I love funny stuff. And I love old pains in the a$$. And I love hugs from batgirl. And I love handshakes from guys. Love ever, hate never.

I just didn't want beanryboy to get too attached to that plate, cause "DMVSUX"...

That's all.

I have 2-3 local coffeehouses I frequent. And my church brews awesome coffee every Sunday that's our special blend from a local independent roaster. I do my fair share (whatever that means) to support the independents.

But when I'm in an airport, or driving down the interstate, or late for a meeting, Starbucks is a nice choice to have. That's my point.
Much love. Glad to know you get good coffee up there, and glad to know you see the humor, and glad to get ribbed by an old guy, and glad to get the chance to shake your hand at the Dragon. And yes, "DMVSUX" is right, and I do have a great backup plate if that one ever leaves my tail end...
jason

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior My New Personalized Tag Came Today!