JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW Show us your JCW body kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 04:27 PM
ej827
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jean-My
Hello to all,

Just to present me because I do not speak English: Jean-My - Belgium

Nice cars Jean. I really like the white one.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:29 AM
Jean-My
Neutral
Mine is the black: thank you

Old 05-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Thymini
1st Gear
Wherever you post pictures your Mini is always beautiful

Old 05-02-2010, 02:43 AM
Jean-My
Neutral
Old 05-03-2010, 05:55 PM
willjv
2nd Gear
Just got thru installing the JCW aero kit on my 07 MCS. Got the kit painted by a local shop (including the wheel fenders) and did the labor myself. Must say that it was not as hard as i thought it would be.

Here's a picture of the day i fell in love with the car in the showroom (30 days ago)

And here are the shots as of today:

Not the best quality pictures but cant seem to find my camera :( so i guess the phone will do for now

Got into the Mini scene without even been in one before i purchased it and I must say that is a very fun car and addicting to all the little mods LOL

Old 05-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice!

Old 05-03-2010, 06:23 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude,

I'm gonna tell you what. I've been in the bodyshop business for 26 years. I'm **** as hell about color matching and when I did my own mellow yellow, I had a heck of a time matching the color. I ended up using 3 different paint company's toners so I could make it match.

What paint did you use? You did a great job. The hardest color for a mini is laser blue and then mellow yellow.

Fantastic...

Mark

Originally Posted by willjv
Just got thru installing the JCW aero kit on my 07 MCS. Got the kit painted by a local shop (including the wheel fenders) and did the labor myself. Must say that it was not as hard as i thought it would be.

Here's a picture of the day i fell in love with the car in the showroom (30 days ago)

Not the best quality pictures but cant seem to find my camera :( so i guess the phone will do for now

Got into the Mini scene without even been in one before i purchased it and I must say that is a very fun car and addicting to all the little mods LOL

Old 05-03-2010, 06:30 PM
willjv
2nd Gear
Hey Mark,

Thanks alot for the compliment. I really wont take any credit for the paint as a friend of mine who ows the bodyshop was the one who did the matching for me. We did find the paint code under the hood and I believe that's what he used yet i dont know which brand paint he ended up using. I do think he used dupont paint and i think the code was something like R43 or R47 cant remember anymore.
The paint came out good overall yet the one thing i didnt like too much is the fact that they were too scared to sand down the black textured fenders so there's a bit of texture left on them vs the metal smooth finish. I have a local shop (a bit pricier) which has done a few minis' fenders and they come out as good as metal so i may get them redone (i'm pickie too LOL)

You have a beauty yourself! I love the yellow/black combo... just coudlnt go with that since i bought mine used and i was limited to what I found :/

Old 05-03-2010, 06:48 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Will,

I don't particularily like Dupont so that was like one of the few company's toners I didn't try.

Certain companies match certain brand cars better than others, perhaps Dupont has a better grip on the color than some of the others.

Obviously there is no one company that matches perfect otherwise everyone would be using them.

As far as the little bit of texture, when painting flares, they need to be sanded, primed, blocked, primed and reblocked.

It's fairly time consuming and uses more materials than normal. Let's put it this way, I won't paint the flares, bottom of the rockers and black trim on the bumpers for less than a grand because of the work and materials.

(not to mention you'll break 100 bucks worth of clips...lol)

If the texture is still not to your satisfaction, the paint on there now will be a good basecoat to sand and prime should you decide to do it again. (though judging from the pics, it looks great so you may not decide to)

Mark

Hey Mark,

Thanks alot for the compliment. I really wont take any credit for the paint as a friend of mine who ows the bodyshop was the one who did the matching for me. We did find the paint code under the hood and I believe that's what he used yet i dont know which brand paint he ended up using. I do think he used dupont paint and i think the code was something like R43 or R47 cant remember anymore.
The paint came out good overall yet the one thing i didnt like too much is the fact that they were too scared to sand down the black textured fenders so there's a bit of texture left on them vs the metal smooth finish. I have a local shop (a bit pricier) which has done a few minis' fenders and they come out as good as metal so i may get them redone (i'm pickie too LOL)

You have a beauty yourself! I love the yellow/black combo... just coudlnt go with that since i bought mine used and i was limited to what I found :/

Old 05-03-2010, 07:07 PM
willjv
2nd Gear
Mark,

I'm not 100% sure that is what they used but i belive that's what the shop mainly uses... considering that i paid $600 (with taxes) for everything the job came out nice except for the littlebit of texture which I may end up leaving like that, dont know yet. I may get an estimate from teh one shop i mentioned earlier.
I already got a set of Xenon lights, i'm just working on the mod to be able to retro fit them into my car (wont be able to do the suspension adjusting sensors) so i'm just rigging it to get them on there :/ but its doable.
And some rims afterwards

Do you have bigger pictures of your car? funny how our cars are almost the same (color wise) exept for except for the black/white top looks nicely dropped too (going by your signature picture) is it springs or coilovers?

Old 05-03-2010, 07:18 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Thanks Will, though I've got some I think already on this thread, here's some pics anyways....

Name:  IMG_0467.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  110.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0463.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  99.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0437.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  70.7 KB

This is what it looked like when I bought it.

Name:  IMAG0117.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  40.4 KB

As far as lowering, I SERIOUSLY suggest NM engineering springs. They lower the perfectly (IMO), they ride like factory and do well at the track... perfect combination IMO.

Mark

Mark,

I'm not 100% sure that is what they used but i belive that's what the shop mainly uses... considering that i paid $600 (with taxes) for everything the job came out nice except for the littlebit of texture which I may end up leaving like that, dont know yet. I may get an estimate from teh one shop i mentioned earlier.
I already got a set of Xenon lights, i'm just working on the mod to be able to retro fit them into my car (wont be able to do the suspension adjusting sensors) so i'm just rigging it to get them on there :/ but its doable.
And some rims afterwards

Do you have bigger pictures of your car? funny how our cars are almost the same (color wise) exept for except for the black/white top looks nicely dropped too (going by your signature picture) is it springs or coilovers?

Old 05-03-2010, 07:53 PM
willjv
2nd Gear
Nice!!! I really like what you did with the tail lights and headlights chrome rings (painted to match)... on the rear, I thought about doing the same to the rear foglights (smoke tint) but may leave the actual tail light alone. I liked the ones with the "clear" turn signal indicator instead of the orange one my car has now but that's about $200-$250 i think
What about removing the orange indicator from your headlights? i think it'll give it a cleaner look on the front (IMO) i personally hate those orange plastics LOL I did it to mine, very easy to do

Oh, on a different note... I'm new to the Mini's world and noticed your car is a JCW yet going by the pictures of when you first bought it, it didnt have the JCW aero kit? the only reason i ask is because when i was at the dealership I did see a 2010 JCW which did not have the kit either! what's up with that? shouldnt it come with it already if you're buying a JCW mini?

Old 05-04-2010, 05:08 AM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Nice!!! I really like what you did with the tail lights and headlights chrome rings (painted to match)... on the rear, I thought about doing the same to the rear foglights (smoke tint) but may leave the actual tail light alone. I liked the ones with the "clear" turn signal indicator instead of the orange one my car has now but that's about $200-$250 i think
What about removing the orange indicator from your headlights? i think it'll give it a cleaner look on the front (IMO) i personally hate those orange plastics LOL I did it to mine, very easy to do

Oh, on a different note... I'm new to the Mini's world and noticed your car is a JCW yet going by the pictures of when you first bought it, it didnt have the JCW aero kit? the only reason i ask is because when i was at the dealership I did see a 2010 JCW which did not have the kit either! what's up with that? shouldnt it come with it already if you're buying a JCW mini?

It's funny you mention the yelllow lights... next to the JCW recaro seats. that was my next mod. I just haven't gotten around to it.

The aero kit.... hmmmm, a sore spot with me. What I mean is we're paying extra to buy a JCW. IMO, it should be differentiated from a S by something other than two emblems. (speaking visually)

Unfortunately, you have to buy it and add it on. It seems to me that any manufacturer shouldn't make a "specialty" (for lack of better words) vehicle the same as a normal model or one that you can just go buy a kit and it'll look the same.

My old '08 was an S, all I did was add a kit.

Name:  IMAGE_068.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  133.9 KB

Nonetheless, I like the JCW kit and would always have one regardless if it were a true JCW or not.

Mark

Old 05-04-2010, 05:42 PM
willjv
2nd Gear
^ I see what you mean about the whole "just put the JCW kit" and make it a special edition car... but i guess they tried saving money making the S and the JCW a pretty similar vehichle and sharing most of the components except for the higher end upgrades. I personally just like how the kit looks over the stock S (then again who doesnt)... but hey, you do have over 50hps more than any S and for an S to get there they'll have to spend some major bucks LOL
Considering that you've had 2 minis, i take you really like them? LOL i've only had mine for a few days over a month. My only regret is getting it "automatic" (I know, I know) but since i was looking for an used one, this one turned out to be the best buy (conditions, miles and price) 07 MCS, 23k miles and the interior/paint are in what i would like to consider brand new (even though is not LOL)

Old 05-04-2010, 07:16 PM
orangecrush
6th Gear
Actually this is my 4th mini in less than 2 years... so yes, I love the car...lol.

My last '08 was an automatic, I loved it. I always did the manual shift. The ONLY reason I went back to a stick was because I was doing so many track days, the automatic just wasn't cutting it.

But for daily driving, I love the auto.

You'll love the car...

Mark

^ I see what you mean about the whole "just put the JCW kit" and make it a special edition car... but i guess they tried saving money making the S and the JCW a pretty similar vehichle and sharing most of the components except for the higher end upgrades. I personally just like how the kit looks over the stock S (then again who doesnt)... but hey, you do have over 50hps more than any S and for an S to get there they'll have to spend some major bucks LOL
Considering that you've had 2 minis, i take you really like them? LOL i've only had mine for a few days over a month. My only regret is getting it "automatic" (I know, I know) but since i was looking for an used one, this one turned out to be the best buy (conditions, miles and price) 07 MCS, 23k miles and the interior/paint are in what i would like to consider brand new (even though is not LOL)

Old 05-05-2010, 04:31 AM
ej827
2nd Gear

Your car looks sweet.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:47 AM
ej827
2nd Gear
2010 John Cooper Works Mini

Name:  2010JCWMini026-1.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  253.3 KB

Old 05-05-2010, 06:51 AM
ej827
2nd Gear
Old 05-05-2010, 08:10 AM
C H I C K L E T
6th Gear
Looks awesome ej827!!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 04:23 PM
izzle22
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ej827
NICE!!

Old 05-10-2010, 11:41 AM
mikemc
3rd Gear
got my JCW kit! will post NEW pics soon after I get my new DP installed!

Old 05-13-2010, 01:59 AM
Ramezess
1st Gear
Some pics of my JCW Aero Kit 2 installed about a month ago!

The latest pic with black eyes.

Some new parts are on the way, so my mini will be improved!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Thymini
1st Gear
That's a stripping a little bit too much for me... Lazer + JCW body kit =

Old 05-15-2010, 08:16 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Old 05-16-2010, 02:46 AM
chubv
3rd Gear