JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW JCW Engine Kit (R56) - installed, reviewed, impressions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012 | 02:20 AM
BMC_Kid
4th Gear
No worries. I was afraid there was something I was missing or had missed!

As even you say below, you referred to kits. Technically, the factory JCW is not a "kit" but a factory designed vehicle. You can't just go to a dealer with your MINI and say, please install the factory JCW kit!

Originally Posted by beau68
My mistake. I belong to the cobalt ss forum and we have 3 different stage kits. From reading some of the other threads in this forum, it made sense a stage two would be the next higher stage. I didn't intend to make up my own nomenclature or insult anyone. You have to admit if you own a factory JCW it does sound cool calling it a stage two.

Old 08-31-2012 | 04:55 AM
tominizer
4th Gear
Can someone clarify this for me. The JCW kit from the dealer includes what...... exhaust, tune, intake, and????

It's my understands that the Factory JCW is different then the kit in the following ways, different pistons ( same size though), and different exhaust manifold. But there's no difference to the head when comparing a JCW factory motor to an S motor.

The difference in the exhaust between an S and a JCW is mainly the removal of the second cat and different tips or is it bigger too(?!?!?)

Old 08-31-2012 | 08:38 AM
mattkosem
5th Gear
Originally Posted by tominizer
Can someone clarify this for me. The JCW kit from the dealer includes what...... exhaust, tune, intake, and????

It's my understands that the Factory JCW is different then the kit in the following ways, different pistons ( same size though), and different exhaust manifold. But there's no difference to the head when comparing a JCW factory motor to an S motor.

The difference in the exhaust between an S and a JCW is mainly the removal of the second cat and different tips or is it bigger too(?!?!?)
The kit on my clubman included new rear mufflers, an exhaust manifold, a pipe and clamps to replace the front resonator, an intake, a tune, an engine cover, and some badges (which I opted not to install).

The JCW's different pistons produce a lower final CR too, as far as I've read at least.

--Matt

Old 08-31-2012 | 06:07 PM
Jlobb2
2nd Gear
The kit includes exhaust, tune, intake, and badging. Starting with the '12s I think it includes the exhaust manifold as well.