JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW In search of a 2009 blk/blk JCW!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 09:31 PM
uber.bucket
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In search of a 2009 blk/blk JCW!

I've been calling all over the state (CA) this week, and have started calling dealerships in surrounding states to see if anyone has a 2009 JCW blk/blk w/ a moonroof.

I have found a few, sadly they have way too many options I'm not interested in which brings the price to over 36-37k...found 1 at over 38k My original plan was to buy an MCS, but if I could possibly find a pretty baseline JCW w/ moonroof, and the price was right i'd definitely jump at the offer! (30-32k would be my max)

If anyone has any leads to a dealership (or a private party seller w/ low miles??) near you that might have something that sounds like what I'm looking for, please let me know!

Ended up selling my car over the weekend (which I wasn't expecting) so i'd like to find something relatively quickly. Appreciate the help on any leads!

yours truly,

hopeful JCW demon

Old 08-17-2009, 12:11 AM
spyderbret
JCW Fanatic
If you can be flexable on the color choice there is a nice used one on Carmax. Just search Mini Cooper. Dont include the JCW, just sort by price, highest first, it will be the first one.

I got lucky and found my JCW this way. Got a smokin deal.....

Good luck!!

Old 08-17-2009, 05:25 AM
Normalizer
4th Gear
MINI of Nashville has one, no sunroof though.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:17 AM
Ron Avery
3rd Gear
Black works

I saw one or two Black Works Mini's @ Universal on Saturday,however they are around $ 2000 or more over stcker. That dealer has a high creep factor!!!

Old 08-17-2009, 08:48 AM
uber.bucket
2nd Gear
spyder, sadly I don't bend or break when it comes to black vehicles ;D

thanks to normal & ron for the heads up...ill probably call Universal to see what those 2 are optioned with. Since 2010's will be coming soon'ish, I doubt the 2k cusion will last long

keep 'em coming!!

Old 08-17-2009, 09:30 AM
spyderbret
JCW Fanatic
Originally Posted by uber.bucket
spyder, sadly I don't bend or break when it comes to black vehicles ;D

keep 'em coming!!
No worries. It's important to love what you drive!!! Good luck in your search. Go JCW all the way!!!

Old 08-17-2009, 11:31 AM
uber.bucket
2nd Gear
just got back from Universal mini...lol @ them.

of course they had TWO black jcw's that I would have bought (low option base, and both had moonroof!!), save for their ridiculous $2000 markup (that Ron mentioned) and they would not even budge in knocking that off. In addition to the laughable markup, they added $495 dealer charge for the window tint, and $795 for a dealer installed alarm. Just about $3300 over-priced from sticker. Nice work! No wonder theyve been on the lot for a while

Tis a shame, they would have had my business. Ah well, back to hunting :D

Old 08-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Doug W
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by uber.bucket
just got back from Universal mini...lol @ them.

of course they had TWO black jcw's that I would have bought (low option base, and both had moonroof!!), save for their ridiculous $2000 markup (that Ron mentioned) and they would not even budge in knocking that off. In addition to the laughable markup, they added $495 dealer charge for the window tint, and $795 for a dealer installed alarm. Just about $3300 over-priced from sticker. Nice work! No wonder theyve been on the lot for a while

Tis a shame, they would have had my business. Ah well, back to hunting :D
So what happened to all the dealerships offering incentives? Is that all over with now???

The place I bought my '09 Black/Black JCW Coupe last Spring shows another one on their website. They're a bit far from you, though; International Autos, in Milwaukee WI.
If you get interested, ask for Garland; he's a great guy.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:34 PM
uber.bucket
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Doug W
So what happened to all the dealerships offering incentives? Is that all over with now???
All other dealerships in the area I went to (calabasas, monrovia, downtown LA) were offering incentives, some below sticker..Universal was the first one i've been to that actually had a mark-UP...

oh yea, I forgot to mention they did a Nitrogen fill on all the tyres...and were charging addtl. $295 on the sticker for that

..sigh.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Doug W
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You GOTTA be kiddin' about the Nitrogen charge!?!?

Old 08-17-2009, 04:37 PM
uber.bucket
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Doug W
You GOTTA be kiddin' about the Nitrogen charge!?!?
I wish.

Last edited by uber.bucket; 08-17-2009 at 05:17 PM. Reason: messed up
Old 08-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Ron Avery
3rd Gear
I talked to BMW NA and told them about Universal and sent them the link to this thread. They did not sound happy about this dealer at all!!!

Old 08-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Andy79
1st Gear
Hey,
I got mine 2009 MCSa at South bay mini (less than 1 year ago) they are the best in Socal.... no mark up price. Don't know for a blk/blk JCW call them.

I've been calling all over the state (CA) this week, and have started calling dealerships in surrounding states to see if anyone has a 2009 JCW blk/blk w/ a moonroof.

I have found a few, sadly they have way too many options I'm not interested in which brings the price to over 36-37k...found 1 at over 38k My original plan was to buy an MCS, but if I could possibly find a pretty baseline JCW w/ moonroof, and the price was right i'd definitely jump at the offer! (30-32k would be my max)

If anyone has any leads to a dealership (or a private party seller w/ low miles??) near you that might have something that sounds like what I'm looking for, please let me know!

Ended up selling my car over the weekend (which I wasn't expecting) so i'd like to find something relatively quickly. Appreciate the help on any leads!

yours truly,

hopeful JCW demon [/quote]

Old 08-19-2009, 10:54 AM
uber.bucket
2nd Gear
just a quick update before I leave tonight..

found pretty much the exact match of what I was looking for in TX (I would have preferred no Convenience package to save ~1500 but I just couldnt wait 2-3 months for a build since my car is sold)..so i'll be flying in very late this evening, wake up at 7am tommorrow for pickup and mini cannonball run back to CA from san antonio. Have to get back for important stuffs that I have on Friday early afternoon, so this isn't exactly a sight seeing journey. The V1 is packed away in my bag so this should be good times!

best part is, break-in period will just about be done when I get home

thanks all for chiming in on my search..be expecting some vids and pictures very soon when I get the Riss exhaust & dp installed from the group buy. I'll also be roadtripping from LA to Seattle, and Death Valley in the near future and ill be taking my cameras with me.

I don't think i'll be sleeping much tonight

PS> Any known cities in TX I should be wary of for speed traps on my way west? I've actually never driven through TX on one of my many x-country drives so this is unfamiliar cop territory for me

Old 08-23-2009, 08:22 AM
thevelourfog
5th Gear
Last month Monrovia had one when I went in for servicing. Bk/Bk with red lounge leather interior and JCW kit, but I think it was likely $38k as you said.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:33 AM
tattedXB
4th Gear
Just contact a local dealer, they can do a nationwide DB search for you

Old 09-17-2009, 06:42 PM
willsblackmini08
5th Gear
Why not just order one and get it exactly the way you want it?