JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW MINI Connected Now Available!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 04:48 AM
Island maser
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What 2 cables did you get with your Mini. I have connected and only got one cable which is the one with the y and the ends that go to Aux and USB.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by nxtMINI
I've played video (2 movies) in my 2011 MINI with MINI Connected, the only issue I have is that there's a delay between audio and video, I'm looking in to it. If you have a MINI with manual tranny, make sure your parking brake is engaged otherwise it won't play the video, not sure on automatics, but I'm guessing it has to be in park.

You actually receive 2 cables to connect to your MINI, one is for iPod and the other for iPhone.

Chris
is anyone else having sync issues with video playback on mini connected?

so is it two different cables or Y cables?

thanks.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:14 PM
yadigme
2nd Gear
Could somebody post pictures of the cables you all are receiving in the states. I have tried both the white cable that came with my iPnone 4 and purchased a cable from the dealership and neither one have worked for me . Thanks .

Old 01-11-2011, 12:35 PM
ronnie948
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
texting while driving was stupid enough-now it's movies

You idiots that text while driving were stupid enough. Now people have to start worrying about the idiot watching a ^$^#$ movie while driving down the road. It's enough to make a normal person throw up.

I hope the jerks that do that crap run into anything except a kid on a bike or any Innocent person just driving down the street not texting or watching movies or videos while trying to drive.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:08 PM
biggripper
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ronnie948
You idiots that text while driving were stupid enough. Now people have to start worrying about the idiot watching a ^$^#$ movie while driving down the road. It's enough to make a normal person throw up.

I hope the jerks that do that crap run into anything except a kid on a bike or any Innocent person just driving down the street not texting or watching movies or videos while trying to drive.

Get off you high horse, Ronnie, and stop making assumptions. Are there plenty of less-than-bright motorists out there that would rather do anything but drive? Sure there are. Don't assume that I or anyone else here is. Seriously, you've only succeeded in making yourself look like an opinionated @$$HAT.

Video playback is one of the advertised features of the MINI Connected system and is ONLY POSSIBLE WITH THE PARKING BRAKE ENGAGED!

Old 01-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
Video playback is not functional unless the car is parked and parking brake is engaged. I don't think we have to worry about people watching movies while driving thru mini connected.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Bruinjustin
2nd Gear
Biggripper.
Is your mini on Morning Carniva?
Mine is... arriving VDC on 14th. Hopefully Custom will release the vehicle soon enough so that I could get mine within this month to test out Mini Connected.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:32 PM
biggripper
6th Gear
It is indeed and I'm impatiently waiting just like you. So close I can almost imagine myself behind the wheel.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:03 PM
nxtMINI
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Island maser
What 2 cables did you get with your Mini. I have connected and only got one cable which is the one with the y and the ends that go to Aux and USB.
These are the 2 cables I received with my MINI. The one on the left is the one I use with my iPhone.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:17 PM
biggripper
6th Gear
These are the 2 cables I received with my MINI. The one on the left is the one I use with my iPhone.
The look almost the same. What's the difference?

Old 01-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Island maser
5th Gear
Picture on the instructions on the left unit look like the unit on the right! Have you tried both?

Old 01-11-2011, 06:07 PM
ronnie948
6th Gear
Hey Biggriper

No high horse here. There are people that text while driving. Eight highschool girls were killed here in Florida because the girl driving was texting. All in the same van.

My neighbors son was texting and ran over a kid on his bike in the bike lane in a school zone. The kid lived but it never would have happened if it was not for texting.

YADIGME just said on this thread: Page 1

That will be one of the first things I check on Monday. If it does not play while driving I think that might be one of the first things I have to "toy" with.
I really do not think i'm an "A__Hole" because I think drivers should drive and not be texting, watching movies, eating, putting on makeup, shaving, reading the morning newspaper and everthing except paying attention to where they are going.

You can think of me as you like but if you text or watch movies while while driving you are a F___ing IDIOT.

While the car is not moving you can do anything you want to. When it is moving and you are driving you need to pay attention to what you are doing.

Last edited by ronnie948; 01-11-2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 01-11-2011, 06:35 PM
biggripper
6th Gear
No high horse here. There are people that text while driving. Eight highschool girls were killed here in Florida because the girl driving was texting. All in the same van.

My neighbors son was texting and ran over a kid on his bike in the bike lane in a school zone. The kid lived but it never would have happened if it was not for texting.

I really do not think i'm an "A__Hole" because I think drivers should drive and not be texting, watching movies, eating, putting on makeup, shaving, reading the morning newspaper and everthing except paying attention to where they are going.

You can think of me as you like but if you text or watch movies while while driving you are a F___ing IDIOT.

While the car is not moving you can do anything you want to. When it is moving and you are driving you need to pay attention to what you are doing.
This is troubling news. Texting while driving is an alarming trend. I would agree that motorists that engage in such behavior are idiots and should be held accountable for their poor judgement. I however am not one of those motorists.

I can't speak to YADIGME's intentions. I personally have no plans to attempt to defeat the safety mechanisms in my car that inhibit moving video playback. I think this would serve as too much of a distraction/temptation for me personally.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:49 AM
nxtMINI
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by biggripper
The look almost the same. What's the difference?
from what I can see, the difference is the 1/8" plug. The cable on the left has 3 rings and the one on the right has 2 rings (looks like a regular stereo headphone jack).

Island maser: I haven't tried the other cable, another MINI owner with MINI Connected tried the other cable and said that it didn't have all of the functionality when used with iPhone.

I have no intentions of watching a movie while driving (I only watched a clip of a movie while parked ). I really don't like talking on the phone while driving let alone texting!!! I'm the one paying attention to the road

Last edited by nxtMINI; 01-12-2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:16 AM
ronnie948
6th Gear
I'm happy to clear my opinions up.

I really commend the drivers that pay attention to their driving.

As long as the safety features are left in working order I do not see any problems with watching a movie while stopped.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Island maser
5th Gear
Why I love the hands free on the MINI bluetooth. Works great. I think MINI
connected could be a potential problem. I find myself suring around a lot trying to learn the system. After a few weeks I am sure that will wear off once the system is set up how I like it.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:02 AM
yadigme
2nd Gear

My intentions are for the passenger(s) not for the driver to view while moving. I would never be that irresponsible while operating any car that I own. I am not one of THOSE people who text or watch video while driving. My apologies to those who thought otherwise. The roads over here are too high speed for anyone to be focused on anything but the road. Just relax bruh ....not all of us wear the a$%hat .

Old 01-12-2011, 09:08 AM
yadigme
2nd Gear
Thanks for that ! I sent this to my dealership here in Germany and they are gonna try and locate this part for my MINI. I had purchased the one on the right at my local BMW dealership. They don't have this cable here which I find kind of odd seeing as um....it's a BMW made in the UK . Hopefully I can order the one on the left and get it shipped here ASAP. Thanks again for posting!!

Old 01-12-2011, 09:12 AM
yadigme
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Island maser
Why I love the hands free on the MINI bluetooth. Works great. I think MINI
connected could be a potential problem. I find myself suring around a lot trying to learn the system. After a few weeks I am sure that will wear off once the system is set up how I like it.

I will be moving back to WA in a couple of months I just hope that our cars don't get mixed up . As for MINI Connect I have been using it quite a bit over here to get the local WA radio stations that I miss. Makes me feel like I am back home again .

Old 01-12-2011, 10:39 AM
nxtMINI
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by yadigme
Thanks for that ! I sent this to my dealership here in Germany and they are gonna try and locate this part for my MINI. I had purchased the one on the right at my local BMW dealership. They don't have this cable here which I find kind of odd seeing as um....it's a BMW made in the UK . Hopefully I can order the one on the left and get it shipped here ASAP. Thanks again for posting!!
Glad to help! I think on the back of the packaging there are part #'s; if they are there, I'll post those when I get home, will be easier to order.

Chris

Old 01-12-2011, 11:47 AM
yadigme
2nd Gear
Glad to help! I think on the back of the packaging there are part #'s; if they are there, I'll post those when I get home, will be easier to order.

Chris
You read my mind . I really do appreciate the helping hand. Good looking out!

Old 01-12-2011, 11:51 AM
fishbert
6th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I believe the one on the left ("Video-/Audioadapter fur Apple iPod/iPhone") is 61122179623.
And that the one on the right ("Kabeladapter fur Apple iPod") is 61120440812.

realoem link

Old 01-12-2011, 11:56 AM
yadigme
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by fishbert
I believe the one on the left ("Video-/Audioadapter fur Apple iPod/iPhone") is 61122179623.

realoem link

You are da man ! I will take this to the local BMW dealership and see if they can look this up in their system. Thanks .

Old 01-13-2011, 06:14 AM
nxtMINI
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by fishbert

realoem link
I double checked with the packaging and those are correct

Old 01-13-2011, 08:13 AM
Charlie Victor
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
+100

Quick Reply: JCW MINI Connected Now Available!!!!