JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW The Making of MAKO

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jerry actually took one, but it's not that clear.
I just can't wait to drive it tomorrow.... and I will take some good pics this friday or saturday.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
What height do you have yours set at?...I have mine at 25" from ground to center wheel molding. I didn't want to go to low out of the gate, as I wanted to see if I had any problems with clearance before going lower. You look like you have yours pretty low. How do you like your ride quality compared to stock? and i assume it handles much better than stock...i hope:-)
Originally Posted by Bigprfed22
Good choice on KW

Old 12-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Phx JCW
What height do you have yours set at?...I have mine at 25" from ground to center wheel molding. I didn't want to go to low out of the gate, as I wanted to see if I had any problems with clearance before going lower. You look like you have yours pretty low. How do you like your ride quality compared to stock? and i assume it handles much better than stock...i hope:-)
how much where those coils?

Old 12-13-2011, 07:58 PM
onefish2
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice. I like the color combo. And I like the OZ wheels.

Why the rush to get all this stuff installed? NAM peer pressure? Or what? That is what did me in. I totally blame this site for the way my car is today. No NAM and my car would probably be stock.

I am glad I took my time with my build out. Only took me 3 years.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
I got them from Suspension Source (Kris), had ordered the V2's but found out they were back ordered for a couple weeks. So I thought someone was telling me I didn't need V2's so long story short I got the V1's for around $1200. I know I could have gone for the ST's but I really wanted the higher quality materials on the V series.

Originally Posted by Achilles honor
how much where those coils?

Old 12-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Thank you...I'm very happy with the colors. It's a small thing, but I think the OZ's will look much better with the center caps on and with a touch of red that I am having added to them.
I have been through this song and dance with adding mods. This is the first time I am doing so many things before I even drive the car, but I have justified it to myself . I figured since I haven't had a car for over a month, what's another week. So I just kept adding to the list and it got a little out of control but I feel I didn't get to "crazy". I understand the walking before you run and I did that with my S4, but I ultimately liked the end result of that car so I figured why not start a little earlier and enjoy it even longer the way it would ultimate be.
But to your point, without NAM I would have probably just dne wheels and suspension out of the gate. I take full responsibility for all the mods...no regrets. I will more then likely do Intercooler and meth before the summer hits.
This has been the longest week though...it's tough when the car is so close but I can't really get it my hands on it. Soon...very soon.

Originally Posted by onefish2
Very nice. I like the color combo. And I like the OZ wheels.

Why the rush to get all this stuff installed? NAM peer pressure? Or what? That is what did me in. I totally blame this site for the way my car is today. No NAM and my car would probably be stock.

I am glad I took my time with my build out. Only took me 3 years.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
are you going to get an exhaust?

Old 12-13-2011, 11:50 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
Phx, I'm lovin' the rake! Have you actually spent any time driving that bad boy yet? LOL Pop that bonnet and take some pics, dammit!

Old 12-14-2011, 03:30 AM
JackMac
6th Gear
Received 310 Likes on 222 Posts
Glad you found a local home for the wheels

Would be very interested in your thoughts on the Michelin PSS once you get some time behind the wheel. I am considering the same for next summer.

Car looks great!

Old 12-14-2011, 06:13 AM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
I'm going to live with the stock exhaust right now, but I am sure I will won't something a little deeper. I really want to get a DP, but I don't want to deal with any code issues right now.
are you going to get an exhaust?

Old 12-14-2011, 06:27 AM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Thanks...I have yet to see it in person. I actually have not driven her one foot yet, although I did start her up

Don't you worry about pictures of MAKO, you will be sick of seeing my car Now speaking of pictures, what happened to pics of Habenero with her new stripes??

Originally Posted by chaswyck
Phx, I'm lovin' the rake! Have you actually spent any time driving that bad boy yet? LOL Pop that bonnet and take some pics, dammit!

Old 12-14-2011, 06:28 AM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Thank you, I will let you know in the next month or so once I get to push the tire a little.
Originally Posted by JackMac
Glad you found a local home for the wheels

Would be very interested in your thoughts on the Michelin PSS once you get some time behind the wheel. I am considering the same for next summer.

Car looks great!

Old 12-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
I finally was able to pick my car up today and actually drive it for 14 miles :-)
It was a fun 14 miles, the only thing I got to really play around with were the brakes. Let me tell you, they work very very well :-). I will have to tell you though, it was like a big tease. MAKO had a total of 6 miles when it was dropped at the shop and 11 miles (Jerry had to drive it down the street to get it aligned) when i picked her up this morning to take her to the detail shop. Now I have to wait until Friday to pick her up for good. It's going to be another long couple days.

Took a quick shot before I drove her for the 1st time. It was great little drive, especially with the CravenSpeed SS (set at shortest throw). I can't wait till she is all cleaned up and has her new accessories.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:17 PM
MINIGEZR
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fabulous looking car Phx JCW. Your car has the perfect stance. Get out there and drive now! I will be picking up some ST coilovers in the new year and can't wait. The spacers/offset really help with the total look too. Wish I had kept my OZ's from my previous MINI.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:38 PM
JenK
2nd Gear
Phx, looks awesome! I hope you can help me "pre-mod" my Clubman when I order it! Nice Christmas present!

Old 12-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Thanks MINIGEZR,
You will be happy with the coilovers, it was short drive but I really like the feel of them. Not bouncy at all, just very tight....its just what I wanted.

Originally Posted by MINIGEZR
Fabulous looking car Phx JCW. Your car has the perfect stance. Get out there and drive now! I will be picking up some ST coilovers in the new year and can't wait. The spacers/offset really help with the total look too. Wish I had kept my OZ's from my previous MINI.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Thanks Jenk, I don't know if you want me to help you or not...I went a little crazy with her. It was fun though, now if I could just enjoy the new toy.

Originally Posted by JenK
Phx, looks awesome! I hope you can help me "pre-mod" my Clubman when I order it! Nice Christmas present!

Old 12-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
if i were you i would have already slit my rist.. are you adding decals or something.. what acessories are you talking about?

Old 12-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
It sucks even worse since I got a tease in the car today.
She is getting:
full detail
full front/full hood,mirrors, behind door handle, door guards w/ 3M clear bra
20% tint on side and rear and 50% windsheild
custom dual sport stripes running full length of car
"OZ Racing" on Center Caps painted Chili Red

..and then she is all mine

if i were you i would have already slit my rist.. are you adding decals or something.. what acessories are you talking about?

Old 12-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
you are a brave man

Old 12-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Why's that?

Old 12-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Achilles honor
6th Gear
being aweay from your car for that long.. anticipation

Old 12-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
At this point I think it is just plan stupidity. The car is being worked on only about a block from my office which makes it even worse. I have gone by there a handful of times already in the last couple days. I saw her this afternoon with the tint applied all around and I have to say it looked awesome...it makes the roof and the body contrast much more pronounced....no I didn't take a picture as they were several people working on the car at that time. I know in the end it will be worth it but it is getting difficult now. The guy heading up all the items said he would try to get it to me by noon tomorrow...but as hard as it was to say.. I told him he needed to get it done right so take the time that he needed .
I am hoping to get in my garage by tomorrow night.

being aweay from your car for that long.. anticipation

Old 12-15-2011, 09:26 PM
chaswyck
5th Gear
I finally was able to pick my car up today and actually drive it for 14 miles :-)
It was a fun 14 miles, the only thing I got to really play around with were the brakes. Let me tell you, they work very very well :-). I will have to tell you though, it was like a big tease. MAKO had a total of 6 miles when it was dropped at the shop and 11 miles (Jerry had to drive it down the street to get it aligned) when i picked her up this morning to take her to the detail shop. Now I have to wait until Friday to pick her up for good. It's going to be another long couple days.
OK, here's what I don't get. You got the car from the tuner and had to bring it to the detailer. Why did you bring it straight there? I would have driven it a hundred miles and then brought it over to the detailer. Just sayin'... In fact, how could you keep from driving it?

Old 12-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
At this point I think it is just plan stupidity. The car is being worked on only about a block from my office which makes it even worse. I have gone by there a handful of times already in the last couple days. I saw her this afternoon with the tint applied all around and I have to say it looked awesome...it makes the roof and the body contrast much more pronounced....no I didn't take a picture as they were several people working on the car at that time. I know in the end it will be worth it but it is getting difficult now. The guy heading up all the items said he would try to get it to me by noon tomorrow...but as hard as it was to say.. I told him he needed to get it done right so take the time that he needed .
I am hoping to get in my garage by tomorrow night.
Good things come to those who wait . . . but the anticipation kills some in the process. Good luck and enjoy once it's finally in your hands!
-Clint

Quick Reply: JCW The Making of MAKO