JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW jcw gp 2 diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 01:14 PM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kurtster
Oh, please don't tell me I've got to wait for him to try to get more of them. I assumed if he was out it wouldn't take an order.
I know there weren't any when I ordered.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:31 PM
zcast
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered mine the day of or the day after Outmotoring listed them. I had some email exchanges with them and they have been great. They even sent me the two clips you reuse when you install it after I brought up the concern of their missing screws and this thread. Nothing but excellent service. They did say that they will try to keep 5 kits on hand at any one time. If they have 5 on order, then they may be restocking and have none in house. I wouldn't worry about it. I am sure if anyone, they can get the parts.

Z

Old 02-10-2013, 03:37 PM
BlueToy
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by zcast
I ordered mine the day of or the day after Outmotoring listed them. I had some email exchanges with them and they have been great. They even sent me the two clips you reuse when you install it after I brought up the concern of their missing screws and this thread. Nothing but excellent service. They did say that they will try to keep 5 kits on hand at any one time. If they have 5 on order, then they may be restocking and have none in house. I wouldn't worry about it. I am sure if anyone, they can get the parts.

Z
I've always found them great to deal with as well. When I ordered mine I missed the discount code. I called over the weekend, left a message, Monday a.m., email waiting in my inbox that my account had been credited with the discount. Class act

-Steven

Old 02-10-2013, 04:12 PM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I ordered today from outmotoring as well. Will see how long it takes.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:19 PM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
It seems like my questions are getting missed. Let me post it again.

1) Do screws go through the two holes on the metal plate area?

See: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...5-post159.html

2) So for those (6) screws... I went to RealOEM and looked at some of the screws used for the bumper. There was a large list: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...83&hg=51&fg=17

I picked out a few. Could it be anyone of these?

See: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...6-post150.html

Old 02-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Scooter09
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by InVisib0L
It seems like my questions are getting missed. Let me post it again.

1) Do screws go through the two holes on the metal plate area?

See: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...5-post159.html

2) So for those (6) screws... I went to RealOEM and looked at some of the screws used for the bumper. There was a large list: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...83&hg=51&fg=17

I picked out a few. Could it be anyone of these?

See: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...6-post150.html
Yes, to the first one. There's actually a third hole at the bottom (image orientation) of the metal plate. That's where the mystery bolts go in to the metal brackets.

As for the six screws, there's an image earlier in the thread of what they look like, but no one seems to be able to get a part number. I did find out at the dealership, one tunnel and the two brackets have arrived, that the four bolts that hold the each tunnel to the bumper mount also work for the six mystery bolts.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:02 PM
kfmuller
4th Gear
Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Scooter09
Yes, to the first one. There's actually a third hole at the bottom (image orientation) of the metal plate. That's where the mystery bolts go in to the metal brackets.

As for the six screws, there's an image earlier in the thread of what they look like, but no one seems to be able to get a part number. I did find out at the dealership, one tunnel and the two brackets have arrived, that the four bolts that hold the each tunnel to the bumper mount also work for the six mystery bolts.
Not quite sure what questions haven't been answered. How about you take one of the screws and the metal clip that come with the tunnels, and go find a screw that is as close to that one as possible, making sure it threads into the clips, and is at least as long as the one that comes with the tunnel? When you match the tunnels up to the brackets, there are only 3 places where the tunnels screw onto the brackets - that's where the 6 screws go - three on each. Finally there are 2 screw holes on the very edge of the metal pieces - not sure what they screw into since there's no parts close that they can screw into on my 2009 JCW - probably the underbody aerodynamic pieces.

For anyone to look at the screw pictures you posted and speculate as to whether or not they will work is silly. Just take one of the screws that comes with it and a metal clip and find something. Not real sorry for the attitude, because this thread is beginning to feel like banging one's head against a wall. These questions were all answered early on with a link to a thread on page 2 entitled, everything you need to know - http://www.totalmini.com/forum/40-20...need-know.html

Old 02-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah, it would seem if you don't have a screw that taking an existing one to Home Depot could solve that pretty quickly. Not sure why screws are causing such anxiety. I'll figure out a solution when mine arrives.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Scooter09
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kfmuller
Not real sorry for the attitude, because this thread is beginning to feel like banging one's head against a wall.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:26 PM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
Originally Posted by kfmuller
Not quite sure what questions haven't been answered. How about you take one of the screws and the metal clip that come with the tunnels, and go find a screw that is as close to that one as possible, making sure it threads into the clips, and is at least as long as the one that comes with the tunnel? When you match the tunnels up to the brackets, there are only 3 places where the tunnels screw onto the brackets - that's where the 6 screws go - three on each. Finally there are 2 screw holes on the very edge of the metal pieces - not sure what they screw into since there's no parts close that they can screw into on my 2009 JCW - probably the underbody aerodynamic pieces.

For anyone to look at the screw pictures you posted and speculate as to whether or not they will work is silly. Just take one of the screws that comes with it and a metal clip and find something. Not real sorry for the attitude, because this thread is beginning to feel like banging one's head against a wall. These questions were all answered early on with a link to a thread on page 2 entitled, everything you need to know - http://www.totalmini.com/forum/40-20...need-know.html
Maybe if you quoted my post and follow the thread, you would know which questions weren't answered.

As for someone who actually did the installation, your posts aren't that useful.

I honestly don't see how you couldn't manage to get a part number for the screw. I highly doubt those (6) screws aren't found anywhere else on the car. I found some screws on RealOEM (and provided pictures of them) that were used on the rear bumper that have a high chance of being the ones that are missing just because of their physical proximity to the diffuser.

Please be more useful than just telling someone to find something similar. Providing such a generic "tip" (if you can even call that a tip) yields more headaches down the road for others installing this. A part number would resolve the issue. Did you even look at the pictures of those screws? A simple reply stating that the screw that you used didn't look like any of those that were posted would be a good start at being useful. That would help narrow things down. Plus, I don't even have the kit yet, so there's nothing for me to physically bring to anywhere. Thanks for your attitude.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:19 AM
kfmuller
4th Gear
As for someone who actually did the installation, your posts aren't that
useful.

I honestly don't see how you couldn't manage to get a part number for the
screw. I highly doubt those (6) screws aren't found anywhere else on the car.
I found some screws on RealOEM (and provided pictures of them) that were used on
the rear bumper that have a high chance of being the ones that are missing just
because of their physical proximity to the diffuser.

Plus, I don't even have the kit yet, so there's nothing for me to physically
bring to anywhere. Thanks for your attitude.
That's hilarious - I don't even have the kit yet, so I can't bring anything anywhere. You haven't searched the rest of the car and found me a part no. for a screw to something I don't even have. Your posts aren't useful. Looks like someone needs the whambulance.

1. whambulance March 1, 2006 Urban Word of the Day The imaginary rescue vehicle that will rescue you from someone's incessant whining over a trivial matter.

Last edited by kfmuller; 02-11-2013 at 04:01 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 AM
phantasms
5th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
whambulance! whambulance! Weeeooo. Weeeooo.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:26 AM
OutMotoring
Vendor - 15 Years
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
UPDATE:
1- yes we are working on getting the 5 screws and the metal clips so we can supply them with each order. These parts were not listed on the MINI database as required so we are trying to catch up..
2- we have ordered 31 complete sets. 5 arrived and shipped. We have about 12 partial sets here awaiting the upper black trim panels-everything else is here on hold. We haven another 14 complete sets on order and we have been receiving various pieces regularly over the last week or so and should be able to complete all open orders in about 5-8 days (based on ship times from previous incoming orders from Germany)...

Thanks for your patience everyone!!! These have been so incredibly popular it is hard to keep up with the orders!! We also finally have started seeing the Black Tail Light Trim rings come in...we got ONE set today and have another 39 sets on order...

OutMotoring.com: Home of the finest MINI and Aston Martin Parts + Accessories.
Shop online at www.OutMotoring.com
Free Shipping on most orders over $195 Click HERE

Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 AM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
That's what I'm talking about! Aaron out ahead of the game. I figured these would sell like hotcakes. Not many decently priced diffuser options on the market. Being OEM is all the better. So far MINI isn't treating these as a GP exclusive part which is great. More proof that the GP2 is hardly more than a sticker and a number this time around!

Old 02-11-2013, 09:46 AM
phantasms
5th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by OutMotoring
UPDATE:
1- yes we are working on getting the 5 screws and the metal clips so we can supply them with each order. These parts were not listed on the MINI database as required so we are trying to catch up..
2- we have ordered 31 complete sets. 5 arrived and shipped. We have about 12 partial sets here awaiting the upper black trim panels-everything else is here on hold. We haven another 14 complete sets on order and we have been receiving various pieces regularly over the last week or so and should be able to complete all open orders in about 5-8 days (based on ship times from previous incoming orders from Germany)...

Thanks for your patience everyone!!! These have been so incredibly popular it is hard to keep up with the orders!! We also finally have started seeing the Black Tail Light Trim rings come in...we got ONE set today and have another 39 sets on order...
Great! Fulfill the one for my sister, Samantha Sanchez please. ). My birthday is the 16th Thank you very much. btw can you link me to the black taillight rings please. I was looking for that item on your site two days ago and couldn't find them. Also, are there black door handle covers? Not CF because that's silly and not British flag because weird.

Thank you!!!

Old 02-11-2013, 09:53 AM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
Stop fretting about fasteners folks. OEM fasteners won't add power or make the diffuser work better. No need to start an argument and name calling online about it. We're on the same team here.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 AM
TerminalVelocity
5th Gear
To OUTMOTORING,

I can't speak for everyone but no need to hold my order till these "screws and clips" show up. I'm happy to source my own. OEM or otherwise. Thanks!

Old 02-11-2013, 11:54 AM
sooper_cooper
5th Gear
UPDATE:

Thanks for the update Aaron! As usual, great service from OutMotoring.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:44 PM
kfmuller
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sooper_cooper
Thanks for the update Aaron! As usual, great service from OutMotoring.
I guess someone should tell them that the clips are already there - it's the screws that are missing.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:25 PM
OutMotoring
Vendor - 15 Years
anyone have the part number of the bolts/screws that are required for this install? MINI does not even know what part number is needed and they cannot seem to help without a part number..

Old 02-11-2013, 02:39 PM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
anyone have the part number of the bolts/screws that are required for this install? MINI does not even know what part number is needed and they cannot seem to help without a part number..
Hey Aaron, thanks for trying to resolve the issue by providing the screws along with the kits instead of just wishing your customers good luck at a hardware store.

I tried helping out by asking those that have installed the diffuser to assist us by narrowing down the several types of screws used on the bumper that could be the (6) in question. But no one seems to be able to compare what they used to the pictures that I posted: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...6-post150.html

Old 02-11-2013, 04:39 PM
kfmuller
4th Gear
Originally Posted by InVisib0L
Hey Aaron, thanks for trying to resolve the issue by providing the screws along with the kits instead of just wishing your customers good luck at a hardware store.

I tried helping out by asking those that have installed the diffuser to assist us by narrowing down the several types of screws used on the bumper that could be the (6) in question. But no one seems to be able to compare what they used to the pictures that I posted: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...6-post150.html

Dear Aaron - there's a picture of one of the screws I used to attach the tunnel to the bracket on page 3 of this thread. I got it at my dealer by bringing one of the provided screws and a clip to my dealer. They said it would take too long to go through all of the drawers looking for a screw, so they brought this one out and it threaded right into the clip and was about the same length as the screw I brought in. Part no.? I have no idea - but, it took 5 minutes to get the screw and it worked perfectly. I was able to do the whole install in under an hour in a dark parking garage, with lousy tools, and no jack stands or lift.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:33 PM
jkapinos
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It looks like six of these screws go into the three holes in the end of the tunnel.

Name:  328F5D58-96E5-4F95-B1D2-C2050BF12653-235-0000000C258F73FE.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  97.7 KB

Name:  FF5E2E84-CAF2-47E1-B61A-853BF1C2CF16-235-0000000C24793D56.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  35.1 KB

Old 02-12-2013, 08:35 AM
OutMotoring
Vendor - 15 Years
Someone had asked about the availability of the Black Tail Light Rings...:

After nearly 7 months of battling back and forth with MINI we have finally been able to obtain the much desired Black Tail Light Rings for the Gen2 and as of 11:30 am today we have 37 sets in stock READY to ship.

http://www.outmotoring.com/product.p...98&cat=&page=1

Old 02-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Black Sharpie
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about the actual black line tail lights??

Quick Reply: JCW jcw gp 2 diffuser