JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 2nd Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs are discussed.

JCW JCW AERO II Question. It's a long shot...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 07:42 AM
Grizld700
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
JCW AERO II Question. It's a long shot...

Ok, so I was able to pick up a JCW Aero II Kit a couple months back. It was on super sale with ECS. They were out of the "S" kits but still had "Cooper" kits. I sent some messages and they seemed to think it should mount right up so I ordered away. Turns out the front bumper is different.

Well after a month or so I finally got it painted. But while it was getting painted it came to my attention from another member on here that the Justa kit front bumper and grilles are slightly different than the "S" front bumper and grilles. Everything else should be the same (except for rear exhaust diffuser of course).

As it turns out, the lower grille (where the brake ducts go) on the Justa kit recesses deeper toward the radiator/intercooler area than the "S" kit does.

Has anyone else ever been in this situation and attempted to modify the front bumper to fit and "S"?

As the title says, its a long shot. But I thought I would ask. And if not, does anyone have any ideas? I do have a larger FMIC so that will play part in the fitting issue...

Old 04-09-2015, 07:16 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Grizld700
Ok, so I was able to pick up a JCW Aero II Kit a couple months back. It was on super sale with ECS. They were out of the "S" kits but still had "Cooper" kits. I sent some messages and they seemed to think it should mount right up so I ordered away. Turns out the front bumper is different.

Well after a month or so I finally got it painted. But while it was getting painted it came to my attention from another member on here that the Justa kit front bumper and grilles are slightly different than the "S" front bumper and grilles. Everything else should be the same (except for rear exhaust diffuser of course).

As it turns out, the lower grille (where the brake ducts go) on the Justa kit recesses deeper toward the radiator/intercooler area than the "S" kit does.

Has anyone else ever been in this situation and attempted to modify the front bumper to fit and "S"?

As the title says, its a long shot. But I thought I would ask. And if not, does anyone have any ideas? I do have a larger FMIC so that will play part in the fitting issue...
Please, post pictures of this kit. I m curious.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:42 AM
Grizld700
6th Gear
I don't have pictures of mine on hand here, but I do have some from ECS.

Here is a couple of the "Cooper" JCW kit:

And then here are a couple of the "S" JCW Bumper

Old 04-10-2015, 08:01 AM
brightside
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup! There definitely different and it definitely doesn't fit! You need a whole new radiator support and crash beam as there different as well from S compared to Justa. I had this happen to me last summer. I went and bought JCW bumper from Mini of Plano, proceeded to get it painted and when i went to install it none of the mounting points lines up and it was "stressed" to get on. That is when i learned they were different from a phone call to the dealership. I definitely cured and screamed at this one! I was out $500. After investigating to was not easily correctly.

This week I bite the bullet and bought the correct bumper and had it painted. That was an expensive mistake!

So to answer your question, i would cut your loses on that bumper and go buy a S JCW bumper and reuse all your plastic inserts.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Grizld700
6th Gear
What year is your MINI?

Old 04-10-2015, 10:10 AM
brightside
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine is a 2010 Cooper S