JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Just scored an 06 JCW

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 03:21 PM
uaaseawolf@gmail.com
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own 2006 GP #0530.

For sale 10k

Old 12-27-2019, 12:09 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Originally Posted by uaaseawolf@gmail.com
For sale 10k
Do you have any pics?
As many as possible.
I am cash poor, right now, but maybe I can find a buyer quick for you.
I deal with many Mini folks.
Sorry to hear your health has forced this on you.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:08 PM
uaaseawolf@gmail.com
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my baby. Recently repaired all the door dings that inconsiderate drivers have left over the years. Prepped to respray the thunderblue metallic. (Silver top/Badge #0530 untouched.) 71K miles. Forced to sell for health reasons. Make me a reasonable offer. Need sold quickly.

Old 12-30-2019, 09:55 PM
A383Wing
6th Gear
Received 246 Likes on 202 Posts
You might have better luck posting this car in the first generation classified section, instead of a members personal thread.

Just a suggestion

Bryan

Old 12-31-2019, 11:10 AM
ItsmeWayne
Originally Posted by uaaseawolf@gmail.com
For sale 10k
Where are you located?
Do you have shots of engine bay, before the body clean up, interior?

Old 01-06-2020, 08:33 AM
Soul Coughing
5th Gear
Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts
Great rebuild! Love the blue as well! Quick Question: did you ever have A/C before you replaced the compressor? Reason I ask is my GP's AC was not strong, but the compressor still worked. Not sure if its worth replacing the whole thing, or just put on the new condenser and see whats happens.

Old 01-08-2020, 06:22 PM
ItsmeWayne
The original a/c pump was worn out. I am not sure why, but the new one kicked ***, Make sure you draw it down with a vacuum pump and replace the dryer tank on the radiator too!
Do not use stop leak or any thing other than 134a.
Mine will freeze you out and this car did not come with tinted windows.

Old 03-12-2020, 02:28 PM
ItsmeWayne
I have not been on in a while. I live in Southern Oregon. Crime has gotten out of control. I had two squatters move onto my property, hook up to my water, power and sewer. I told them to get out, I disconnected the wires and hoses to my house called the police, they showed up and told me there was nothing that they could do!!! Told me it is a civil matter and I needed a lawyer and a pile of money to get them out. I said to the cops,"Are you shitting me, they just move onto my property, use my services and you tell me there is nothing I can do?" Right, was their answer. I called three more times and went to the police department to raise my complaint! Again I was told there was nothing I could do! I am sick of this!! the criminals have more rights than the homeowners, what is with that?
I finally got them out, don't ask, but the fact that any scumbag doper thief can just move onto my property and the damn state will do nothing has me beat! I am moving to the south east to get away from this abuse!
I am so sad, that it has come to this, but I am looking forward to driving the roads of the southeast with my 06 MCS JCW!
Wish me luck. I hope these people move into the governors property!

Old 03-12-2020, 03:02 PM
Jason Cornelius
6th Gear
Received 546 Likes on 414 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsmeWayne
I have not been on in a while. I live in Southern Oregon. Crime has gotten out of control. I had two squatters move onto my property, hook up to my water, power and sewer. I told them to get out, I disconnected the wires and hoses to my house called the police, they showed up and told me there was nothing that they could do!!! Told me it is a civil matter and I needed a lawyer and a pile of money to get them out. I said to the cops,"Are you shitting me, they just move onto my property, use my services and you tell me there is nothing I can do?" Right, was their answer. I called three more times and went to the police department to raise my complaint! Again I was told there was nothing I could do! I am sick of this!! the criminals have more rights than the homeowners, what is with that?
I finally got them out, don't ask, but the fact that any scumbag doper thief can just move onto my property and the damn state will do nothing has me beat! I am moving to the south east to get away from this abuse!
I am so sad, that it has come to this, but I am looking forward to driving the roads of the southeast with my 06 MCS JCW!
Wish me luck. I hope these people move into the governors property!
Sound like you might need a bigger gun 😉 What part are you thinking of moving too? I spent some time out west. My favorite drive was from Eugene, OR down to Crescent City, CA. The drive through the red wood forest was awesome, but what a temp change.

Old 03-15-2020, 06:22 PM
user 7389739
Banned
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts
Anarcho-tyranny. The criminals have all the rights now here on the Left Coast (except in the gated communities of course). Try to defend your property and person against them and the law locks you up.

Old 03-20-2020, 04:30 PM
AeroJammin
5th Gear
Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Being from East Tennessee I am biased (I live in FL now), but I would highly recommend East TN. For one, the Dragon and all of the nearby roads would become a local road. Two, of you moved near the Mountains, you’d be near the GSMNP and be able to get as much tree and river life as you wanted. Plus, as you know, it’s the South (but not the “Deep South”)

p.s.a. It’s the Appa-latch-uns

The following users liked this post:
ItsmeWayne (06-05-2020)
Old 03-21-2020, 11:18 AM
ItsmeWayne
Originally Posted by Jason Cornelius
Sound like you might need a bigger gun 😉 What part are you thinking of moving too? I spent some time out west. My favorite drive was from Eugene, OR down to Crescent City, CA. The drive through the red wood forest was awesome, but what a temp change.
My home is just off the Redwood HWY, headed towards Crescent City, California. (about sixty miles) I drove there all the time and often ended up in the giant redwoods. May roads in Oregon are great Mini roads and I will miss them, but with this crazy governor, there will be no justice in Southern Oregon. Very, Very sad!
I am buying a horse ranch in North Carolina, near Southern Pines. Is it my favorite area? No, but I have family there and I am a type 1 diabetic and at 70 years old, I need to live closer to family. I will surely miss my southern Oregon home and property.I hope to sell it soon!,
I spent most of my life in the west, but with all the crime, I don't want it anymore!

Gotta Love the redwoods!

I will miss my little shop!

My little shop!

Old 04-18-2020, 07:42 AM
ItsmeWayne
Hi fellow Mini enthusiasts ,
I left my home in southern Oregon to visit with my sister and husband in North Carolina. I also wanted to look around for a new place to live, away from all the crime,that has been exacerbated, by legalizing pot and allowing growing by anyone. The climate must be right here, as even big companies move in the area to grow . Now that four or more times the population in Oregon, growers are letting workers go, which have no money, no home and often no car. They are making homes anywhere and my problem was them moving on my property and hooking up to electric and water. Then the police will nit help to remove them from trespassing on your land!
Getting back on track of my story, I have looked around NC and found a few nice places to buy, but the Covid 19 virus has dampened my search. I have not been able to return home, as I am a high risk person to get this disease and my endocrinologist has asked me to stay put, until this disease calms down, so I am still in North Carolina. Thankfully, I trailer-ed my Mini out here and have it in a garage.
I am hoping to tie up with a few Mini folks here, to show me around, but that too is not happening with the Covid19 thing going on. I don't even have tools here to do a little maintenance on it.
Anyway, I hope you are surviving the virus and family are all well!
Keep the rubber side down and drive like you stole it!
Itsme Wayne

Old 04-19-2020, 01:56 PM
Derek86
6th Gear
Received 117 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by RedSky455
Anarcho-tyranny. The criminals have all the rights now here on the Left Coast (except in the gated communities of course). Try to defend your property and person against them and the law locks you up.
I will never understand the mentality of people who do not abide castle doctrine. Every arguement ends with "yeah, but what was *criminal* doing in someone else's house?" No answer. "They shouldn't have shot *criminal!*" "But what was *criminal* doing in someone else's house?" "It's not right to shoot someone!" "It's not right to break into someone else's house." "Well they didn't have to shoot *criminal*." "Well, *criminal* didn't have to break into their house." Thank God for the electoral college.

Last edited by Derek86; 04-19-2020 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-19-2020, 02:04 PM
Derek86
6th Gear
Wayne, I'm absolutely flabergasted by what I'm reading. I do not understand how trespass is a civil issue and not a criminal one. I would have torched their **** by now, I commend you for the restraint.

NC is a nice state man, I have family around the Charlotte area and my Dad's family is from the Jacksonville area. You're like south central in the state right now thats a nice rural area but flatter than western NC. I would consider moving there but the winters are still too cold for me, I think only Gulf Coast Florida is going to appease me.

What is the rest of this story? They are working at grow factilities but just squat? How does one of your local authorities not go after the business for the behavior of their employees. There is a lot of leverage there, questionable or not. With as big as the cannabus industry is going to be, I'm amazed grow set ups are that primitive out there.

This is a tough time for all of us, but especially being away from home with that **** going on. And with your medical issues you have to make sure you are avoiding all this stuff. I'm asthmatic, and while healthy with the asthma very well controlled, that still puts me in a higher risk category. Stay safe and strong with your family.

Old 06-05-2020, 01:56 AM
ItsmeWayne
I will be headed back to clean up my house and remove the rest of my things. With such a sh_T governor in power, in Oregon, nothing will be right, I will miss my Oregon, but will retain the wondrous times I have had there.
With all the unrest in the states, I am a bit worried about travel. I have my Mini (06 R53 JCW) here. Not sure what I will do with the others at this point. I hate starting over!
I wish you all safe travels and keep the rubber side down!
I most likely will not be around for some time, but will check in as often as I have time to!
ItsmeWayne

Old 06-05-2020, 03:47 AM
A383Wing
6th Gear
Wayne, if you need a place to store a car and some parts, I can probably help you out with that. Let me know

Bryan

Old 06-05-2020, 05:21 AM
ItsmeWayne
Hy Bryan,
I am not sure what I will come home to, with the scum that is collecting(human wise) in Southern Oregon. I have not been home since the beginning of February and I hope I have a home to come back to!
Thanks for the offer! I do have a few cars that could be turned into cash, that I will not be fixing. They are not Mini but I do have two of them. Both need fixing at this time.
I also have a 2007 (as I remember) Ford Fusion 4clylinder 5 speed and a 06,or 07 Hyundai Sonata, with clean titles, both will need engine work, but are pretty nice.
I have a 2006 Mini base vert that will need a trans valve body clean out, or possibly a stepper motor, as I have not had time to fix it. I think it only has 74,000 miles and it was one of my keepers.there are three or four other cars too. I planed on donating them (all clean titles too!)
I will get in touch when I get back. I am leaving my flat bed trailer in North Carolina, as I have a box trailer to bring to get my things. So, I will not have a way to move them.

Old 06-05-2020, 06:21 AM
A383Wing
6th Gear
Wayne, my offer still stands if you want to store some parts, and maybe the Mini, or two. I could possibly get the R52 transmission fixed if you want. I really don't have the space for the other cars that you are trying to sell. Maybe one, but not all of them.

Have a safe trip when you get to leave.... let me know, keep in touch

Bryan

Old 06-05-2020, 11:01 AM
Bernard Barbour
3rd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wayne, safe travels. Blessings, positive vibes and prayers sent your way. Stay strong, you'll come of of this. Peace, Bernard

Old 06-08-2020, 04:31 PM
Derek86
6th Gear
Good Luck, Wayne. I hope everything goes smoothly and welcome to the East Coast!

Old 07-10-2020, 04:54 PM
ItsmeWayne
I am still in North Carolina, the Covid 19 virus has hamstrung my ability to get back to Oregon, but now 7/10/2020, I am leaving in a couple of days. I purchased a toy hauler to get most of my tools back to North Carolina. I have purchased a 10 Acre property with an home built in 1927. It needs fixing, but the property is nice and has a year round pond on it. My sister talked with the sellers lawyer and told me I can pick up 210 to 430 acres for sale cheap, if I keep it primitive. I am looking into it now!
I am going to make the best of this move!
I hope each and everyone of you keep save and sickness free! I will be more active again, soon!
I have a year round creek going through the property and it also feeds the pond.

bought thus pull behind toyhauler

has separate garage

Old 07-11-2020, 03:09 AM
Jason Cornelius
6th Gear
Received 546 Likes on 414 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsmeWayne
I am still in North Carolina, the Covid 19 virus has hamstrung my ability to get back to Oregon, but now 7/10/2020, I am leaving in a couple of days. I purchased a toy hauler to get most of my tools back to North Carolina. I have purchased a 10 Acre property with an home built in 1927. It needs fixing, but the property is nice and has a year round pond on it. My sister talked with the sellers lawyer and told me I can pick up 210 to 430 acres for sale cheap, if I keep it primitive. I am looking into it now!
I am going to make the best of this move!
I hope each and everyone of you keep save and sickness free! I will be more active again, soon!
I have a year round creek going through the property and it also feeds the pond.

bought thus pull behind toyhauler

has separate garage
I was just down in NC on the 4th, with my daughter. I took her through the Smokey’s on 441 down to 19. 19 to 28 to the Dragon, then foothills parkway back to pigeon forge, beautiful fun drive. I need to spend some more time in NC there are some roads I need to check if my bucket list.

Old 11-11-2020, 06:23 PM
ItsmeWayne
Hi Group,
I have not been here for a long time. I have been busier than all get out. I sold my home in Oregon and purchased 10 acres with a house, pond, turtles and rot! The house was 100 years old and needed a roof, as I worked on it, I found that basically the whole dang house was in very bad shape. I ended up tearing it down to the foundation (the only good part left). I am sad I had to give up on it, but I am going to rebuild it and make it better. The price of building products is out of control and I am told the prices with come down in 2021. I have bout the windos, doors, floors, trusses and floor trusses, but will wait out the lower prices for the rest. In the mean time, I purchased a three bedroom mobile home (there are two lots on the property and have to electrical hookups, power and water, with a shared septic system, so I will winter in that and live in it during construction.
I will need to build a shop, so just purchased a conex container to put my Mini in. (yes, it is still running great, even though it is a 2006!) I am planning on keeping it and doing the mountains in the spring and summer months. It still looks great!
I hope you are all doing well and I hope I have more time here on NAM, this winter! Lots to build and so little time!

The following users liked this post:
tej98 (12-07-2020)
Old 03-01-2021, 05:04 AM
ItsmeWayne
Little update, I keep seeing building supplies going up and now prices are 3 1/2 times what they where here in North Carolina. I figure, if I am going to afford to rebuild, I will need to wait it out. In the mean time, I purchased an instant house mobile home until prices et back to affordable. So now I am living on my small 10 acre property, as I have so many other things that need doing. I have not been around, as I did not have a stable internet connection until I brought in internet to the mobile. Thankfully, I have two legal building lots, so this mobilehome will work out for now!
Moving on, I have not been driving my Mini and I went to drive it a few days ago and found the battery stone dead. I think it shorted out due to freezing, so this week, I will need to get a new one. With Covid 19 basically keeping me from traveling in my Mini, it has just been sadly sitting in a garage. I look forward to driving it more this season. I miss it!
I hope you are doing well and keeping safe from this deadly disease.
See you down the road in the southeast this year!
Keep the rubber side down!
Itsme Wayne

I purchased this 4x4 tractor to help me clean up my ten acres. Lots to do and so little time!

Quick Reply: Just scored an 06 JCW