JCW Garage Interested in John Cooper Works (JCW) parts for your 1st Generation MINI? This is where JCW upgrades and accessories for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Just scored an 06 JCW

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 06:28 AM
Jason Cornelius
6th Gear
Received 546 Likes on 414 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsmeWayne
Little update, I keep seeing building supplies going up and now prices are 3 1/2 times what they where here in North Carolina. I figure, if I am going to afford to rebuild, I will need to wait it out. In the mean time, I purchased an instant house mobile home until prices et back to affordable. So now I am living on my small 10 acre property, as I have so many other things that need doing. I have not been around, as I did not have a stable internet connection until I brought in internet to the mobile. Thankfully, I have two legal building lots, so this mobilehome will work out for now!
Moving on, I have not been driving my Mini and I went to drive it a few days ago and found the battery stone dead. I think it shorted out due to freezing, so this week, I will need to get a new one. With Covid 19 basically keeping me from traveling in my Mini, it has just been sadly sitting in a garage. I look forward to driving it more this season. I miss it!
I hope you are doing well and keeping safe from this deadly disease.
See you down the road in the southeast this year!
Keep the rubber side down!
Itsme Wayne

I purchased this 4x4 tractor to help me clean up my ten acres. Lots to do and so little time!
I’m going to be down that way here in 2 weeks, I need some dragon time bad. Hopefully you can get the mini up and head over, if not I might be able to lend a hand and help get her going if I can squeeze out an extra day of PTO.

Old 03-01-2021, 04:48 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason Cornelius
I’m going to be down that way here in 2 weeks, I need some dragon time bad. Hopefully you can get the mini up and head over, if not I might be able to lend a hand and help get her going if I can squeeze out an extra day of PTO.
Thanks for the offer, but really only think it needs a new battery I drove it in there and it was running fine, so I am guessing it just needs a new battery. The one in it was an old battery I took out of a Mini I sold when I still had at my dealership, in Oregon. I was surprised it lasted as long as it did!
I would like to do the dragon, but the weather sucks here right now and it has snowed there several times last week. I live in central south North Carolina near Southern Pines, NC, so not real close, but I am a big time driver.years plans for me
Maybe we can meet a little later this spring.
Thanks for the offer and hope to meet people here this year. This Dammed Covid ruined last years plans!

Old 03-01-2021, 05:13 PM
Jason Cornelius
6th Gear
Received 546 Likes on 414 Posts
Thanks for the offer, but really only think it needs a new battery I drove it in there and it was running fine, so I am guessing it just needs a new battery. The one in it was an old battery I took out of a Mini I sold when I still had at my dealership, in Oregon. I was surprised it lasted as long as it did!
I would like to do the dragon, but the weather sucks here right now and it has snowed there several times last week. I live in central south North Carolina near Southern Pines, NC, so not real close, but I am a big time driver.years plans for me
Maybe we can meet a little later this spring.
Thanks for the offer and hope to meet people here this year. This Dammed Covid ruined last years plans!
I will be down ther 4/28 - 5/2 for MOTD. Maybe we can meet up then. Good luck with everything.

Old 03-17-2021, 03:41 PM
ItsmeWayne
Update, I replaced the battery with the Copper Top brand, a thy told me that only used new lead, not recycled. I put it in and worked like a charm! I took it for a drive and it remind me how much I love this little car! It sets me free and has plenty of get up and go!
We are under a tornado watch, so I put it in my sisters garage for tomorrows impending storm. Earthquakes never effected me in the west, but these tornado's scare the crap out me!
I realy want to take a nice drive with it soon!

The following users liked this post:
-=gRaY rAvEn=- (03-17-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 10:10 AM
A383Wing
6th Gear
Received 246 Likes on 202 Posts
Hey Wayne.....sorry, I didn't see this thread update until now. Hope everything is going well for you. Sounds like things are moving along, maybe a little slower than you would like.

Glad you are getting to drive the cr again. My little R52 is going to get a transmission replacement soon. The trans in the car now has a 4th gear issue

Too bad we never got a chance to get together

Bryan (PS: I sold the light yellow Charger, it went to Missouri...was hard to let that car go)

Old 04-11-2021, 06:08 PM
ItsmeWayne
Hi Bryan, I wish I had that car, but I hope it went to a good careful owner! Gotta keep it looking good!
The trans in your Mini should not be hard to find! Keep me posted.
I am not getting here too often right now, but hope things will slow enough, so I can get here more often!
I had never planned to move, until all the daily violence started there. It truly is sad to me!
Keep me posted!
Wayne

Old 04-11-2021, 06:15 PM
ItsmeWayne
My console lighter keeps coming loose, so finally I am going to ad some aftermarket lighter and power tap for phones, radar detector and whatever else needs good power. I purchase a few quality ones from Amazon, to put in it.

Old 04-12-2021, 01:05 PM
A383Wing
6th Gear
Received 246 Likes on 202 Posts
Hi Bryan, I wish I had that car, but I hope it went to a good careful owner! Gotta keep it looking good!
The trans in your Mini should not be hard to find! Keep me posted.
I am not getting here too often right now, but hope things will slow enough, so I can get here more often!
I had never planned to move, until all the daily violence started there. It truly is sad to me!
Keep me posted!
Wayne
Wayne, the cream 66 Charger went to a good home, he was really pleased at how original it was.

I already have another transmission here for the R52....got it from AllMag in Florida....it's even got the LSD inside like my car is coded for. I just need time and space to do the swap.
Plan on doing a 17% pulley at the same time while I have the engine & trans out....again...sigh

Bryan

Old 08-28-2021, 03:30 PM
ItsmeWayne
If you find me here, The last entry I remember from Harold can be found here:
Originally Posted by hstanfield View Post
Not a worry today about either - I've been blessed with very good health at 92 and my 2002 MINI Cooper is only 15 - but, with 641,000 Miles so far.
(My Dentist says, "You should have all your own teeth till 103 !" So, I never know what's coming next, - but, I should be able to order 'adult food' all the way.)

Life in general has been a joy all the way.
And life with this MINI has been totally satisfying - and a lot of Driving Fun..

Yep, - I'm keeping her.
I think of his Mini accomplishment often. He is missed

Old 09-19-2021, 03:39 PM
ItsmeWayne

I have been very busy in North Carolina, working on my 10 acres.That was until I needed surgery on my right big toe. My poor Mini is sitting outside, as the operation has stopped me from doing any kind of construction of a garage. I is covered in pine needles and until the big boot goes away, I can not even get into my Mini and can not even drive my F150 2013 has 210K miles on it now and still runs like new, so no plans on a new truck any time soon!
to my machines 4X4 side by side.

Last edited by ItsmeWayne; 09-19-2021 at 03:53 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 09-19-2021, 05:03 PM
MCS4FUN
6th Gear
Received 504 Likes on 352 Posts
^^^ Seems, you've got that Brit expression "right-toe" quite well nailed!

Yikes, 210k on your 2013 F150! My 2014 F150 FX4 has just 16k total since factory ordered new (6.2L Raptor-spec with MaxTow Pkg and a bunch more stuff), my 2017 Jeep Rubicon trail-prepped with just 8k miles plus my R53 with just 4.6k miles. True, I don't drive much and actually drive my own SxS (2020 Can-Am MavS Xrc rock crawler edition) more with close to 4k trail miles accrued in just over a year.

In any case, get healed-up and Motor On soon!

Old 09-19-2021, 05:40 PM
ItsmeWayne
I drive a lot! I was a used car dealer in Oregon and had to drive all over the country getting nice Mini's for resale, so that is why my truck has so many miles on it, plus going back and forth to North Carolina a few times,800 before the move. It has the ecoboost 3.5 engine in it and has a very high towing cert for 11,800 LBS. I also pull a tow behind 34 foot toyhauler from North Carolina to Oregon and back again overloaded! This truck is a monster with a tiny twin turbo engine with 405 foot ponds of torque. It still drives like new and still gets 17 mpgs unloaded.it is 4x4 and pretty much goes anywhere I want.
My Mini loves to go on long trips and is such a kick to drive (I sold the others). I know it is going to be needing a clutch soon, but still drives well. I will keep it until they take my drivers license away (now 71 an all), plus it is fairly low miles for these engines.
I really did not know I was going to need the tractor and Gator, but too many toys, is never enough! I bought the 2015 Gator with a little over 900 hours on it. It is a rancher rig and not a scare the hell out of you, like I would demand, if I still had it in me. I am mellowing with age! Corona virus has kept me from the Dragon out here, but I will get to that.
Love my toys and will as as money allows!

Old 09-15-2022, 06:16 AM
ItsmeWayne
Been a long while.....

Hi Group,
It has been a long time since posting. I have been busy with life and had not been driving my Mini much lately, due to operations on both of my feet, with a lengthy rehab. Can not work the peddles with the weird boots I have had to wear.
I am back in my Mini now and loving the drive again. She still looks good, but the AC needs a charge, as the hoses are original and leak down over time.
Anyway, I am back in My Mini, so all is good!
Itsme Wayne

I truly hope all are doing well and the rubber side is down on your Mini!