JCW Pro Exhaust Upgrade on JCW

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 05:57 PM
ashes corp
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just picked up a 2020 JCW 2 HT last week and was unable to install the JCW pro exhaust from the dealership.
when the dealership put in the VIN for my car in the system to search for compatible exhaust nothing showed up. So they called mini of North America and they told the dealership that due to the emission regulation they can no longer offer the JCW exhaust on the JCWs post 2019 April/March production. And will void warranty to install them and it’s considered illegal so the dealership can’t install it.
The parts guys from the dealership raised a case with them and couple of days later the responded saying that they are bringing a new exhaust pro for the JCW in the first quarter of next year.

The following users liked this post:
KYDan (11-14-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 02:38 AM
El-Grunto
3rd Gear
Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts
That's kinda a bummer. And voiding the whole warranty over an exhaust? Seems overkill to me. I've got the Remus sport on my car and the dealership has worked on the car a few times without a care.

Old 11-25-2019, 05:23 AM
Juanma Teixido
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
f me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having a hard time trying to digest this. I bought the JCW exhaust with the bt flap for my 2019 JCW. To make things worse, I'm in Paraguay, South America, which means I had to ship the whole thing overseas and waited 7 months and paid an extra $500 for the shipping/customs to get it.

I took the whole thing to the dealership and they say literally "your chasis does not allow us to install the ECU". I don't even know what the means, but after asking for clarification they sort of explained that a) they don't even have to receive my part because I didn't buy it from them and b) in order to match the ECU to the car, their system has to "allow it" and it's not letting them do that because apparently, my car is not supposed to be "upgraded" to the JCW Exhaust.

I did a lot of research before buying it and it is the first time I hear your car needs to be XYZ in order for it to allow it.

This totally sounds like the same thing. F.M.E.

PS: my production date is 2018-11-29

Last edited by Juanma Teixido; 11-25-2019 at 05:27 AM. Reason: ADDED PRODUCTION DATE:
Old 11-25-2019, 05:31 AM
KYDan
5th Gear
Received 137 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by Juanma Teixido
f me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having a hard time trying to digest this. I bought the JCW exhaust with the bt flap for my 2019 JCW. To make things worse, I'm in Paraguay, South America, which means I had to ship the whole thing overseas and waited 7 months and paid an extra $500 for the shipping/customs to get it.

I took the whole thing to the dealership and they say literally "your chasis does not allow us to install the ECU". I don't even know what the means, but after asking for clarification they sort of explained that a) they don't even have to receive my part because I didn't buy it from them and b) in order to match the ECU to the car, their system has to "allow it" and it's not letting them do that because apparently, my car is not supposed to be "upgraded" to the JCW Exhaust.

I did a lot of research before buying it and it is the first time I hear your car needs to be XYZ in order for it to allow it.

This totally sounds like the same thing. F.M.E.
It appears you have an EU car rather than one for the US. The EU banned the JCW PRO exhaust on the minis. You might be able to install the Remus or one of the other aftermarket exhaust systems for you JCW. They provide the same horsepower increase as JCW PRO. You can order them from the U. S. most likely. There are vendors that monitor this forum, try checking with them. Good luck

Old 11-25-2019, 09:45 AM
bluonyx
4th Gear
Received 165 Likes on 123 Posts
My MINI dealer tried pulling this when I picked up my JCW in April, saying that they didn't/couldn't install the exhaust cause it wasn't available. I argued and said I wouldn't take delivery of the car unless it came with it. Low and behold a few days later the exhaust seemed to be on the car. It's all BS.

The following users liked this post:
KYDan (11-07-2020)
Old 11-25-2019, 11:03 AM
J_L
5th Gear
Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
You can install the exhaust in your driveway, or any independent shop can do it. There is an 8-hp gain with the flap open. If the dealer wants to void your warranty... well that wouldn't fly in the US. Dunno about where you are. But no, you wouldn't get the tune unfortunately. Dealer has to do that part.

Edit- some indy shops can do the coding I guess. Also- didn't notice that your car is a JCW. So there is no coding at all, its just adding the physical parts. Probably like 2-3 hours labor from a shop.

Last edited by J_L; 11-25-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Old 12-25-2019, 03:46 PM
GotAllOfThem
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ashes corp
I just picked up a 2020 JCW 2 HT last week and was unable to install the JCW pro exhaust from the dealership.
when the dealership put in the VIN for my car in the system to search for compatible exhaust nothing showed up. So they called mini of North America and they told the dealership that due to the emission regulation they can no longer offer the JCW exhaust on the JCWs post 2019 April/March production. And will void warranty to install them and it’s considered illegal so the dealership can’t install it.
The parts guys from the dealership raised a case with them and couple of days later the responded saying that they are bringing a new exhaust pro for the JCW in the first quarter of next year.
Reached out to the parts Rep at the local dealership, he reached out to MINI and they told him the same thing "New Exhaust Pro Available 1stQ of 2020". Being that the J97tt had the 2019 Pro Exhaust installed, wonder what the difference is in this new exhaust that is being made. Hopefully they aren't just restricting it more for the US.

Old 12-25-2019, 04:20 PM
KYDan
5th Gear
Received 137 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by GotAllOfThem
Reached out to the parts Rep at the local dealership, he reached out to MINI and they told him the same thing "New Exhaust Pro Available 1stQ of 2020". Being that the J97tt had the 2019 Pro Exhaust installed, wonder what the difference is in this new exhaust that is being made. Hopefully they aren't just restricting it more for the US.
There are independent shops that specialize in European auto repair, MB, BMW, Audi, et. al. Go to one of them and get the Remus exhaust and they can do it for you. A little cheaper than the JCW PRO exhaust as well. And, it gives you the same sound and 8hp + or -.

Old 12-30-2019, 04:16 PM
rtowell
4th Gear
Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts
Agree 100% on the Remus. I absolutely love the sound, quality and look. The JCW Pro is not a really good value on a JCW because a big part of the price is the software for the Cooper S, which is not applicable to the JCW cars, so you're paying for something you can't use. BTW, the pops and bangs on the Remus are awesome!

Old 10-26-2020, 02:10 AM
Brando Tommasi
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jcw 2021

hi,
I was wondering if you know if that exhaust fits on JCW’s 2021.
My dealer said no but I was wondering in that case if it could be fitted without spending a ton of money.
Have you sold yours already?
thanks

Originally Posted by Darbys2019MiniJCW
I almost kept my stock JCW Bluetooth Exhaust but I got tired of having to "hit the button" all the time to open the valve. It sounded great when open so in my mind it is a great idea to just have the exhaust open all the time. In Green Mode or Mid Range Mode it doesn't pop or gurgle and then does in Sport Mode. I decided to go full on bigger pipes with the NM Eng Exhaust for race purposes and love it...Otherwise I would have opened the valve and then unplugged the wiring to the valve and leave it open. If anyone wants a 2019 JCW Exhaust with 3000 miles on it...I am selling the one I have for ~$500 OBO (reasonable) 210-723-2328 (Text Me if interested).Top pic is JCW...Bottom Pic is NM

Old 10-27-2020, 08:15 AM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
Received 188 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Brando Tommasi
hi,
I was wondering if you know if that exhaust fits on JCW’s 2021.
My dealer said no but I was wondering in that case if it could be fitted without spending a ton of money.
Have you sold yours already?
thanks
FYI
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...dered-one.html

Old 10-29-2020, 03:45 AM
jpsjr1970
3rd Gear
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts
So I just installed the OEM JCW Exhaust and I’m pretty happy with the results so far. I really love the sound and as far as feel, it’s the same since the Dinan was already installed prior to exhaust install. Great wealth of information on the forum, love the assist when you need it.
BTW, I guess the dealership recoded my car and need to recode the UJ Tail Lamps, bummer!
Jose