JCW Stock JCW vs. JCW Pro vs. Remus Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 12:47 PM
Wesley Nickel
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question Stock JCW vs. JCW Pro vs. Remus Exhausts

I am having a dilemma. I have a 2019 F56 JCW. So far, I have a DINAN Elite tune, Eventuri Intake, KW V3's on order, RSe12's, and I do not know what to do about the exhaust. I love the pops and bangs that I get out of my stock JCW exhaust, but am I going to get anything more out of the JCW Pro exhaust or a Remus exhaust.

I thought I would love to have the option to open or close the flap on the exhausts, but I feel like I would leave it open all of the time and put it into Eco mode when I am driving through my neighborhood. Does anyone have experience with any of the differences/changes between the JCW exhausts, what about the Remus with or without the flap? Any intel would be greatly appreictaed! Cheers!

Old 05-03-2020, 07:36 AM
MikeMJCW
4th Gear
Received 107 Likes on 84 Posts
There are some older threads about the exhaust systems. I went with the Pro as it's factory, think you can still get a really good price installed and warrantied by the dealer. You'll get more snap, crackle & pops, whether it's worth it or not . Inside the car isn't a big difference. The newer JCW's are coming stock with the Pro (as it should be) maybe you can check one out in person at a rally or something.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:14 AM
invaliduser
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Only "neighborhood issue' with leaving it open all the time is startup. Other than that, its easy to keep it quiet in the neighborhood when open.

Old 05-03-2020, 06:28 PM
KYDan
5th Gear
Received 137 Likes on 90 Posts
The PRO exhaust gives you an additional 8 horsepower over the OEM exhaust, and I think the Remus adds about the same. It is less costly compared to the JCW PRO.

Old 05-06-2020, 03:27 PM
rtowell
4th Gear
Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts
I love the Remus. Sounds great, looks great, and I have not experienced any bluetooth issues with it. The nice thing is that it remembers the last setting and does not revert to standard at restart. Mine has been wide open since I installed it over two years ago. Pops, bangs, burbles and absolutely no drone on the road. Highly recommended!

Old 05-06-2020, 07:01 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
We have installed all of them and I can say for certain the Remus is the best out of them.
For one the remus is the lightest out of them as the JCWs are just flat out heavy, so ditch the weight
Then for sound the remus even wide open sounds awesome. We can offer it to you without the flap motor to make it cheaper and you just run it wide open. If you want to add the flap motor later you can, but I like having the motor to have the option in the neighborhood to quiet it down and keep peace with the neighbors.
https://www.waymotorworks.com/remus-...-cooper-s.html

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 05-08-2020, 03:29 PM
AirborneMini003
4th Gear
Received 84 Likes on 59 Posts
I have a pro exhaust on my clubman. Unless I’m driving in sport, and manual mode in automatic, the pops are neighbourhood friendly. I thought it would have been louder from everything I’ve read. When they are loud, it’s aggressive but my 6yr old daughter loves it too, so who cares.

Old 05-08-2020, 10:32 PM
J_L
5th Gear
Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by KYDan
The PRO exhaust gives you an additional 8 horsepower over the OEM exhaust, and I think the Remus adds about the same. It is less costly compared to the JCW PRO.

I believe the 8 hp was the difference between flap open and closed, no? I haven’t seen a comparison between the stock JCW and Pro.

@WayMotorWorks - do you have an opinion between the two styles of Remus- one is called Sport, I think? The vertical can vs horizontal one. Odd that they have two versions, what’s the difference?

I just put the stock JCW back on my car, coming from JCW Pro. I found the pops just too loud with flap open, and too muted with it closed. Sucks, because the rest of the sounds were awesome. I wish I could have more growl, but more muted pops. I guess those wishes are mutually exclusive though!

Old 05-09-2020, 04:55 AM
KYDan
5th Gear
Received 137 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by J_L
I believe the 8 hp was the difference between flap open and closed, no? Yes. I haven’t seen a comparison between the stock JCW and Pro.

@WayMotorWorks - do you have an opinion between the two styles of Remus- one is called Sport, I think? The vertical can vs horizontal one. Odd that they have two versions, what’s the difference?

I just put the stock JCW back on my car, coming from JCW Pro. I found the pops just too loud with flap open, and too muted with it closed. Sucks, because the rest of the sounds were awesome. I wish I could have more growl, but more muted pops. I guess those wishes are mutually exclusive though!
I have been very pleased with it. Great little funmobile.

Old 05-09-2020, 05:13 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
Originally Posted by J_L
I believe the 8 hp was the difference between flap open and closed, no? I haven’t seen a comparison between the stock JCW and Pro.

Yes I only use the Race version as it is just a straight pipe at the front. The Sport has a resonator and cost more. But the Race is great and if you need it quiet you just close the flap. Plus the Race will be lighter.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 05-09-2020, 10:58 PM
El-Grunto
3rd Gear
Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Yes I only use the Race version as it is just a straight pipe at the front. The Sport has a resonator and cost more. But the Race is great and if you need it quiet you just close the flap. Plus the Race will be lighter.
Do they come with a res now? I bought my Remus sport almost two years ago and it just had the muffler.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:44 AM
curlywurly
2nd Gear
Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Wesley Nickel
I am having a dilemma. I have a 2019 F56 JCW. So far, I have a DINAN Elite tune, Eventuri Intake, KW V3's on order, RSe12's, and I do not know what to do about the exhaust.
In other posts you call out having a depost on an incoming GP3. Maybe put thought into the use case/purpose for both cars. The route you are taking the stock JCW means you will have two very similar weapons.
If you are looking to sell the JCW once the GP3 comes in the new mods on the car likely wont be recouped.