JCW Long time BMW enthusiast looking at 2021 JCW Hardtop - lots of newb questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 02:38 PM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 230 Likes on 194 Posts
I thought I read that Mini stopped including floor mats a few years ago.

Old 09-30-2020, 03:15 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by chrunck
I thought I read that Mini stopped including floor mats a few years ago.
I got carpeted floor mats (with the Velcro on them) front and rear in April. They're not much but no charge (I'll send them to anyone for shipping).

Old 10-01-2020, 09:31 PM
glucklich21
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Chamberlin1
Either way congrats on your latest JCW, looking forward to comparing notes on our builds once they arrive!
Same!

BTW, I've had a 6 speed E91 wagon, a 6 speed E92 M3, and a DCT E92 M3.... all great cars in their own right. But I remember parking my M3 next to my 850Ci and was astonished how huge the E92 was! I'm really wanting to get back to a smaller chassis, and maybe I took that concept a little too far with the MINI, but I'm sure excited to make the move from boat captain to kart captain! The nice thing is though, if you do decide to sell the E92, that market is always 'alive'... whether 328i, 335i, or M3. You shouldn't have a problem finding a quick buyer.
I always described my E90 and now my E92 as very agile tanks. Especially compared to my old F56 and every one of my old E30s. Fun cars, but I am ready to go back to a Mini.

Still unclear if I will keep the E92 or not. I spent a long time tracking down a RWD LCI 328i with a 6mt without navigation and then spent more than I care to mention to get it sorted mechanically. If I do sell it, I'm hoping BaT will take it since I am one of their "alumni". I think it's the only way I can recoup some of what I have in it. The market is strong for the last of these analog modern BMWs, but I am not sure if it will last.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:00 AM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
Received 189 Likes on 115 Posts
It's really cool to finally look up a build sheet, and see all the items that *I* ordered, not somebody else or some dealership... The car is built and awaiting a boat!

Vehicle information

VIN 2Nxxxxx
Prod. Date 2020-10-07
Type John Cooper Works
Series F56 ( Series)
Body Type -
Steering Left Hand Drive
Engine B46D
Displacement 0
Power 0kw / 0hp
Drive -
Transmission Manual
Colour rebel-green
Upholstery Leather Chester/malt-brown

Editions and packages
S785 White direction indicator lights
S7GK Connected Navigation Plus

Comfort and interior equipment
S423 Floor mats velours
S430 Interior/outside mirror with auto dip
S431 Interior mirror with automatic-dip
S450 Height adjustment, passenger seat
S473 Armrest front
S481 Sports seat
S493 Storage compartment package
S494 Seat heating driver/passenger
S4AA Headlining anthracite
S4FQ Colour Line malt brown
S4GV MINI Yours Interior Style Piano Black
S4NE Blow-by heater
S4V9 MINI Excitement package
S4VA MINI Driving Modes

Multimedia
S645 BMW US Radio
S655 Satellite tuner
S674 Hi-Fi system Harman Kardon
S6AC Intelligent emergency call
S6AD MINI Head-Up Display
S6AE Teleservices
S6AK Connected Drive Services
S6AM Real-Time Traffic Information
S6AN Concierge Services
S6AP Remote Services
S6CP Preparation Apple CarPlay
S6FP Radio MINI Visual Boost
S6NM MINI Connected
S6NT MINI Connected XL
S6NW Telephony with wireless charging
S6UM MINI navigation system
S6WB Multifunctional instrument display

Driver assistance and lightning
S508 Park Distance Control (PDC)
S521 Rain sensor
S534 Automatic air conditioning
S541 Active cruise control
S550 On-board computer
S563 Light package
S5A4 LED headlight with extended scopes
S5AS Driving Assistant
S5DP Park Assist

Wheels and drive
S226 Sports suspension settings
S249 Multifunction f steering wheel
S258 Tyres with runflat properties
S2LY MINI LA wheel JCW Cup Spoke 2-tone
S2VB Tyre pressure display
S2VG Performance Control
S2XB MINI Yours sports steering wheel

Environment and safety
S313 Fold-in outside mirror
S319 Integrated universal remote control
S322 Comfort access
S325 Rear spoiler
S345 Chrome Line Interieur
S386 Roof railing
S3AG Reversing camera
S3L2 Piano black exterieur
S823 Hot-climate version
S842 Cold-climate version
S845 Acoustic fasten seat belt reminder
S850 Dummy-SALAPA
S853 Language version, English
S8KL Oil service interval 15,000 km/12 months
S8R9 Refrigerant R1234yf
S8S4 Decoding, variable light distribution
S8SM Car ident. number visible from outside
S8TN Daytime driv.lights adjus.via light menu

Other equipment
S1CA Selection of COP-relevant vehicles
S1CB CO2 equipment
S925 Dummy-SALAPA
S992 Control of number-plate attachment
S9AA Outer skin protection
SA080 80 Ah AGM battery
SLEDE Leather equipment

The following 2 users liked this post by Chamberlin1:
Blainestang (11-17-2020), boki (11-19-2020)
Old 10-12-2020, 09:19 AM
rtowell
4th Gear
Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts
Nice spec! I wish the malt-brown leather had been available when I ordered my car in 2017. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine ... it's been a blast.

The following users liked this post:
Chamberlin1 (11-01-2020)
Old 10-12-2020, 09:39 AM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rtowell
Nice spec! I wish the malt-brown leather had been available when I ordered my car in 2017. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine ... it's been a blast.
Thanks so much! I'm really excited about the car, and having picked up an R53 JCW in the meantime (just to play with, restore, take to car shows etc), I'm really looking forward to having a similar driving experience on a daily driver basis.

I love the brown interior when paired with a green exterior, and if it wasn't available, I probably wouldn't have ordered a MINI. The Malt brown is very similar in dye color to my saddle in my X4, and I think strikes the right balance of classy and attention grabbing, without being a boring beige or generic tan interior.

JCW coil overs have been ordered and will be here waiting for when the car arrives!

Last edited by Chamberlin1; 10-13-2020 at 07:11 AM.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:35 PM
glucklich21
2nd Gear
It's really cool to finally look up a build sheet, and see all the items that *I* ordered, not somebody else or some dealership... The car is built and awaiting a boat!

Vehicle information

VIN 2Nxxxxx
Prod. Date 2020-10-07
So your post has compelled me to do some digging. Turns out my car was built on 9/21. Which if my maths is right from when I ordered my old E90, it takes about 4 weeks from production to delivery. Also, did you know Mini has its own tracking portal?

This person made a great guide for order tracking:

http://pacovt.com/newMINIpurchase.pdf

Unfortunately, WW took down the ability to search by VIN. So one can only guess within a week or two what ship their car is on now.

I too went with Malt Brown but decided on Enigmatic Black. Ended up flipping a coin between it and Rebel Green. Otherwise, ours are spec'd almost the same.

Did you forget to tick the box for the alarm system like me? Turns out it isn't standard! Not even a chirp on lock.

Chamberlin1 (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 05:19 AM
DunkM
4th Gear
Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by glucklich21
So your post has compelled me to do some digging. Turns out my car was built on 9/21. Which if my maths is right from when I ordered my old E90, it takes about 4 weeks from production to delivery. Also, did you know Mini has its own tracking portal?

Unfortunately, WW took down the ability to search by VIN. So one can only guess within a week or two what ship their car is on now.

I too went with Malt Brown but decided on Enigmatic Black. Ended up flipping a coin between it and Rebel Green. Otherwise, ours are spec'd almost the same.

Did you forget to tick the box for the alarm system like me? Turns out it isn't standard! Not even a chirp on lock.
Hey, I was able to get the exact boat name for my GP3's trip across the ocean by calling the MINI number available on the website (866-275-6464). You'll need to provide your VIN to them so have it ready.

Chamberlin1 (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 09:00 AM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear

Thanks for that info! My dealer is supposed to tell me when my car gets assigned a boat so I can track the boat, but what is this portal page 'Track my MINI?' I understand you have to call the number to get updates etc.. but if there's a portal webpage, why is calling necessary? Do you have a link to the portal page?

I think Enigmatic Black would have been my second choice, as I believe it's the same color as BMW's Carbon Black, which I currently have on my X4. You have good taste my friend!

I just got an automated email this morning with a nice PDF build sheet and pricing. However, it doesn't show my sunroof delete, but I figure that special request may not be represented on an auto-generated build sheet like this.

And BTW I purposely left off the Alarm, as it was a $500 adder I didn't really want. Regarding the beep, see my recent posts here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...appointed.html

Old 10-13-2020, 09:01 AM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DunkM
Hey, I was able to get the exact boat name for my GP3's trip across the ocean by calling the MINI number available on the website (866-275-6464). You'll need to provide your VIN to them so have it ready.
In this day and age, I'm surprised they removed the capability to search for your car by VIN...

UPDATE: I figured out how to log into the MINI users area... It was giving me a hard time to register, because I already had my email address in the system from the BMW side... So I'm finally in the owner's lounge area now... I got the same screen as you did, 'In Transit'. I'm a little bummed my MA didn't give me the details on how to track the car during the build process, but oh well. He's been really good about calling with updates, but I think I'm going to text him today to see if he has boat info, since he said he would call with that info and the car appears to be in transit. Bottom line, things have moved along quite rapidly since my dealer visit! I guess they really want their $43K!

Last edited by Chamberlin1; 10-13-2020 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:25 AM
glucklich21
2nd Gear
In this day and age, I'm surprised they removed the capability to search for your car by VIN...

UPDATE: I figured out how to log into the MINI users area... It was giving me a hard time to register, because I already had my email address in the system from the BMW side... So I'm finally in the owner's lounge area now... I got the same screen as you did, 'In Transit'. I'm a little bummed my MA didn't give me the details on how to track the car during the build process, but oh well. He's been really good about calling with updates, but I think I'm going to text him today to see if he has boat info, since he said he would call with that info and the car appears to be in transit. Bottom line, things have moved along quite rapidly since my dealer visit! I guess they really want their $43K!

Calling like DunkM recommended was definitely the way to go for more info. Mini gave me the boat and estimated arrival at the port (10/24) in Galveston, TX.

Since you have an existing BMW account when you call they will merge both together.

My MA has been very hands-off and (my takeaway) just doesn't seem too informed on Mini's own systems. Like I wasn't expecting a text last week to know the car was at the port given all info up to this point indicated a November build. When asked about the tracking system he was very adamant that Mini no longer offers it to customers. I guess I should have checked on my own sooner. Normally I am much more informed and mentally 'present' for my vehicle purchases, but I am not able to be for this one.

I think Mini is prioritizing customer orders or have scaled back up operations from earlier this year when COVID first hit. Mini SE folks are getting cars much sooner too.

Chamberlin1 (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 11:13 AM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
Thanks for that added info- looks like yours is going to Galveston because of your final destination (Austin). Since mine is going to AZ, it's gotta go through the canal and then over to the Port Hueneme VPC. I got the name of the boat via a text reply this morning from my MA (Triton Leader), so I can see it just left Southampton yesterday, and is just now getting out into open waters. Expected arrival at Panama is 10/24... so I'm probably looking at least second week of November delivery.

I wish I was a little more on top of things for this one too, as it's the first time I've ordered a car new and wanted to get the full experience! I always saw those posts over on bimmerforums about the guys ordering their M2's, M3's, M4's etc... and chatting like schoolgirls about which boat will arrive first, and what VIN numbers were on board, checking the live web cams etc... But like you, it's been a difficult 2020 and I'm not at 100%. Case in point below:

I'm not sure I mentioned it earlier, but the 'fog of war' has brought me another MINI home, even before my 2021 JCW arrives. I'm still on the fence on keeping it, but because I get a lot of enjoyment and 'therapy' working on older cars, I may just have to keep it around...if it was BRG, there would be no question... but I'm not a huge fan of the red: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post4557725

Old 11-01-2020, 07:08 PM
glucklich21
2nd Gear
Well, Friday was an awesome day for me. Hopefully, you will get to experience the same soon!

The following 4 users liked this post by glucklich21:
Blainestang (11-17-2020), Chamberlin1 (11-01-2020), Clutch Wotan (11-02-2020), Zizik (11-04-2020)
Old 11-01-2020, 07:33 PM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
Well, Friday was an awesome day for me. Hopefully, you will get to experience the same soon!
You won that race 😉 Awesome man! Congrats! Looks great in enigmatic black too (just like my carbon black X4 in the sun).

Looks like my boat just passed Cabo San Lucas yesterday and is headed up the coast.. So probably about 2 weeks now before it's in Scottsdale.

Thanks for sharing your new JCW pics! Let me know if you come across any quirks, tidbits of info, or just want to compare notes...

p.s. as you noticed, with the Malt brown interior, they force you to get the white stitching on the steering wheel (MINI Yours wheel) instead of the actual JCW steering wheel... yet those bastards left the shift boot with red stitching!

Last edited by Chamberlin1; 11-02-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-02-2020, 02:30 PM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Nice Mini, I like the leather seats color (better than my black). Question: did you (Glucklich21) and Chamberlin1 get the adjustable dampers? I can't see it on Chamberlin's build sheet. I see that Glucklich 21 did get the manual transmission. I didn't realize it but I am pretty sure that your hatchback Mini is the only new JCW you can get with a manual.
I also read somewhere that it's taking ships weeks to get through the Panama Canal lately with Covid so it's good your car's ship is through. I got my first 2 Minis at Mini North Scottsdale.

Old 11-02-2020, 03:07 PM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
Nice Mini, I like the leather seats color (better than my black). Question: did you (Glucklich21) and Chamberlin1 get the adjustable dampers? I can't see it on Chamberlin's build sheet. I see that Glucklich 21 did get the manual transmission. I didn't realize it but I am pretty sure that your hatchback Mini is the only new JCW you can get with a manual.
I also read somewhere that it's taking ships weeks to get through the Panama Canal lately with Covid so it's good your car's ship is through. I got my first 2 Minis at Mini North Scottsdale.
Hey Big Newt, it did take about 3 days for my boat to make it through the canal, it was hanging out near the entrance for quite a while. Oddly, the destination hasn't been updated from Panama Cristobal to Port Hueneme....but my car's certainly headed there and then on a truck to Scottsdale!

I think I mentioned it above in one of my posts, but I purposely did not get the dynamic dampers. So, DDC delete, and sunroof delete, otherwise a pretty much loaded manual trans JCW 2-door hardtop. I did not like the general consensus out there that the DDC dampers were too hard when on sport, they're (slightly) more difficult to deal with when you want to replace them, and you still don't end up with a car you can easily lower to get rid of the giant fender gap. Lastly here is the other reason I didn't get the DDC.... this nice little box in the garage:

Clutch Wotan (11-04-2020)
Old 11-02-2020, 09:57 PM
glucklich21
2nd Gear
You won that race 😉 Awesome man! Congrats! Looks great in enigmatic black too (just like my carbon black X4 in the sun).

Looks like my boat just passed Cabo San Lucas yesterday and is headed up the coast.. So probably about 2 weeks now before it's in Scottsdale.

Thanks for sharing your new JCW pics! Let me know if you come across any quirks, tidbits of info, or just want to compare notes...

p.s. as you noticed, with the Malt brown interior, they force you to get the white stitching on the steering wheel (MINI Yours wheel) instead of the actual JCW steering wheel... yet those bastards left the shift boot with red stitching!
Are you sure it's forced? Originally, my order sheet had the JCW steering wheel and I spec'd it with the Mini Yours on one of my revisions. Having had the JCW wheel on my old F56, I found the perforations hard to keep the wheel clean. Almost like a cheese grater for skin if you will. The Mini Yours also has some padding which is nice compared to the hard as a rock JCW wheel. The shift boot and parking brake boot both look out of place to me. I guess thankfully I don't look down much. Neither is leather which was surprising.

My complaints so far....Where the hell is my exhaust pops? I loved that on my old F56. Every video of JCWs I have seen have them popping like a fiend! Hopefully comes in after the break-in period is over.

Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
I opted to have DDC as this car will be my daily driver and my road trip car (much like my old F56). Damn near everything is "included" on the Iconic trim so I might as well have it considering I paid for it. I thoroughly enjoy it in the 200 miles I have put on the car. I do wish you could control it outside of driving modes. Some backroads I like to bomb down are a bit too bumpy for the "Sport" setting.

If I do go down the path of coilovers, I will likely get the KW variant that has a module to spoof the DDC to make the computer happy. I hope long term someone develops a coilover system that integrates with the stock DDC module for on the fly adjustments. For now, sway bars and a wider rim/tire combo is in my near future. The convex wheels and stretched tires look downright silly from some angles.

You are correct, this is the only JCW one can get with a stick. Which is a bummer as for a long time I wanted a convertible JCW. I waited for MY2021 so I could get a manual again. I'd imagine this is the last manual new car I will be able to purchase in the coming years. New BMWs do nothing for me and it's utter BS I have to go to an M car to even get a stick anymore, but that's another rant for another forum.

boki (11-19-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 08:59 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
When I choose "Sport" mode there's an option "Configure Sport" on the Sport screen. Can you maybe choose the less harsh damper setting and the sport accelerator/steering setting? I never messed with my "configure Sport" so I don't know.

boki (11-19-2020)
Old 11-04-2020, 08:22 AM
Clutch Wotan
5th Gear
Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by DunkM
The BMW M135i is xDrive (AWD), it also comes over the US in the form of the M235i xDrive gran coupe and x2 M35i. The Clubman is based on the M135i and Countryman most closely resembles the x2 M35i. The GP is the only of those options that is FWD. BMW then came back and actually designed an FWD BMW based on what they learned with the GP, I am very much hoping it becomes the new JCW.

BMW just launched the 128TI and that a copy of the GP3 only front-wheel drive, 260 Hp but I believe it's the B48E with the reinforced crankshaft, piston, etc. I think you can boost that 350 hp and opposite the other engines it will not blow up immd.

Chamberlin1 (11-04-2020)
Old 11-04-2020, 08:37 AM
Clutch Wotan
5th Gear
Hey Big Newt, it did take about 3 days for my boat to make it through the canal, it was hanging out near the entrance for quite a while. Oddly, the destination hasn't been updated from Panama Cristobal to Port Hueneme....but my car's certainly headed there and then on a truck to Scottsdale!

I think I mentioned it above in one of my posts, but I purposely did not get the dynamic dampers. So, DDC delete, and sunroof delete, otherwise a pretty much loaded manual trans JCW 2-door hardtop. I did not like the general consensus out there that the DDC dampers were too hard when on sport, they're (slightly) more difficult to deal with when you want to replace them, and you still don't end up with a car you can easily lower to get rid of the giant fender gap. Lastly here is the other reason I didn't get the DDC.... this nice little box in the garage:

The Pro-Kit is a good choice, compared to the originals, even it is made by KW. The damper function, is ok because its reasonable in price, and some people like switches, from a performance point it is not meat nor fish.

Chamberlin1 (11-04-2020)
Old 11-04-2020, 01:45 PM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
Holy cow! Looks like my boat is already moored at the Long Beach port! They must have cooperating currents or something, because that ship flew up the coast! And I thought they were going to Port Hueneme too, which is further north. So looks like my MINI maybe coming home sooner than later!

Interestingly, it apparently stopped off in San Diego on its way to Long Beach, but I'm not sure they have a VPC there for MINI... I guess there's a chance it's already on its way to Arizona if so.

UPDATE: False alarm... looks like it just dropped off some cars at Long Beach and is now headed up to Oxnard/Port Hueneme.... so few more days until off-loaded and all the port accessories are installed, and on a truck. That damn Tom Petty song.

Last edited by Chamberlin1; 11-04-2020 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:40 PM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
It's arrived! Going to pick it up soon.

The following 4 users liked this post by Chamberlin1:
Blainestang (11-17-2020), Clutch Wotan (11-10-2020), jeeper02 (11-11-2020), Spyderidol (02-02-2021)
Old 11-10-2020, 08:06 PM
glucklich21
2nd Gear
Congrats! The green looks great!

Chamberlin1 (11-11-2020)
Old 11-14-2020, 06:46 PM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
What an epic day. Couldn't be happier with the whole MINI purchase experience, thanks largely to David S over at MINI North Scottsdale. The JCW is great too, very very happy with it so far, although we've only put 134 stop and go highway miles on it so far (terrible traffic in Phoenix area and I-10 today!).

Just some initial thoughts/notes while things are still fresh.
  • JCW brakes are really bitey right now! But I am coming from an SUV that's almost twice the weight of the MINI! Impressive and confidence inspiring nonetheless.
  • Seems to have a lot of rev hang, either due to a huge flywheel, or electronically controlled over-run. Seems to take an eternity for revs to drop.
  • The clutch drove just fine and I had no bobbles getting used to it, although I can feel hints of the clutch delay valve/orifice peeking through... I think that's going to have to go. But I love the long, positive throws of the shifter - I think it's damn near the same feel as the 2006 R53 JCW I just sold!
  • The adaptive cruise control was joy to use, and worked as good as the system on my X4.
  • The runflats are ridiculously loud and obnoxious on certain paved highways...they're OK on new roads, but on everything else they are quite noisy.
  • I was (pleasantly)surprised on how tall the car is geared. I figured this being a JCW was going to have super short gearing for the auto-x types, but I often found myself in too high of a gear for the speed, which with a quick downshift I was back in the power band but not high up in the rev range... I drove a lot of the freeway trip in 5th instead of 6th! 2nd gear was great around town too. I never felt like I was lugging the engine really, but when I went to a lower gear I never felt like I was stressing the engine either... Bottom line, I think the ratios are damn near perfect on this car. I was easily mind-melding with the transmission right from the start!
  • I'm still trying to acclimate to the steering feel. The car goes where I want to with barely a thought and without fanfare or body-roll, but I'm sensing some odd initial turn-in delay that I'm not used to; almost feels like a bit of hysteresis in the steering rack (which I know it's not). It might just be me getting used to a short wheel-base, front wheel drive car again (I had a 1990 CRXsi for 15 years from new, but I last drove that car a decade and a half ago!).
  • Love the flexibility of the boot storage shelf and 60/40 rear seat folding options. I bought the rear storage mat too along with the rubber mats. The rear mat seems a little more stylish and less robust than I was expecting...but we'll see how it holds up.
  • I like the color water temp gauge on the TFT display... anybody know if it's accurate or just a dummy 'in the middle' gauge? I wish they had another one for oil temp as well...seems like it would be an easy software update for them to do!
  • The heads up display is fantastic, and amazingly, my polarized sunglasses don't make it disappear or even dim for that matter! Whoohoo! The HUD on my X4 is 100% wiped out by my particular lenses.
  • They forgot to put on the black front and rear emblems at the port, so I'll be getting those in the mail to do myself. I'm assuming just the usual dental floss trick to remove the chrome ones...
  • The front left wheel got scratched by the delivery driver and dealer offered to repair it, but I'd have to bring the car back for them to do the work...wasn't a big deal, and I really hate these wheels anyway, so just more incentive to get aftermarket as soon as these runflats are toast! The wheels are the only thing I don't like about the car.
  • Seats are awesome in every way. I love the color, style, manual controls and the overall comfort. Couldn't be happier there.
  • I noticed they over-filled the coolant and the tire pressure from the factory... I think the tires were all around 47-49 PSIG, but I think the manual says 41F and 36R for the JCW 18" wheels... but they do have 100MPH+ book values that are higher, so maybe they were assuming I drove like a maniac LOL.
That's all for now, I will continue to share info, stories, and photos...it's been a great day, but also a long one. Time to settle in a chair with the huge user manual!

P.S. Bonus GP1, GP2, GP3 content at the end! Again, what a day!

My first look at it - the great reveal in the delivery room!

Fun with reflections!

Hideous wheels, but lovely Brembos!

JCW ready to launch from the mother ship:

Bye-bye X4 M40i

My MA pointed out to me the partially painted rocker panels... I was happy to see that, although 100% painted parts would be my preference on this high trim level...

Received the car with 13 miles, so here we are 5 miles in to our journey home...

Stopped at the folks so they could have a gander!

Finally home (with bugs....going to have to wash it tomorrow!)

What a treat to see the 4 GP3s again (I guess they just sold one yesterday, but they've had all 4 of their remaining GP3s since I ordered the car back in mid-September. But also a bigger treat to see two different customer cars in the back, a GP1 and a GP2!

Last edited by Chamberlin1; 11-15-2020 at 06:12 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Chamberlin1:
Blainestang (11-17-2020), jeeper02 (11-17-2020), mountainhorse (11-17-2020)
Old 11-15-2020, 09:13 AM
Clutch Wotan
5th Gear

Quick Reply: JCW Long time BMW enthusiast looking at 2021 JCW Hardtop - lots of newb questions