JCW Anyone catch this deal??? Thank You ECS Tuning!!! I just ordered one....

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 06:37 PM
jpsjr1970
3rd Gear
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts
Anyone catch this deal??? Thank You ECS Tuning!!! I just ordered one....

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...302407323~oem/

SWEET DEAL!!! Looking forward to i ok stalling this!!

The following users liked this post:
ECSTuning (09-22-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 10:12 PM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
Received 188 Likes on 114 Posts
Nice find! But this won't work with a 2021 JCW though, correct?

Old 09-21-2020, 03:58 AM
sgscomps
4th Gear
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
No, it won't work on 2021 models. They only offer the valved exhaust, no tune

Old 09-21-2020, 04:01 AM
sgscomps
4th Gear
Cincinnati MINI is selling this at $1475 plus tax installed with the chrome tips.

Clutch Wotan (11-22-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 04:03 AM
sgscomps
4th Gear
Sorry, $1550, $1475 was the new exhaust only

Old 09-21-2020, 04:27 AM
ND40oz
3rd Gear
Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
I don't know why you couldn't buy the tuning kit and just use the exhaust off of it if it's more cost effective that way. For some reason the B46 is cheaper than the B48 but I thought the exhaust system was the same on both.

https://www.shopminiusa.com/PRODUCT/2073/JCW-TUNING-KIT

Old 09-21-2020, 06:48 AM
jpsjr1970
3rd Gear
Ok, so I’m confused. Will this fit my ‘15 JCW? Thoughts?

Old 09-26-2020, 05:27 PM
AirborneMini003
4th Gear
Received 84 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by jpsjr1970
Ok, so I’m confused. Will this fit my ‘15 JCW? Thoughts?
yes the exhaust will fit but you still need the tips and I don’t think you’ll benefit from the Ecu tune. For an exhaust alone that would be a lot And the install is rather expensive if you don’t plan on doing it. Maybe you can sell the ecu tune off to recoup some of the cost, not sure how that part works.

Old 09-26-2020, 07:38 PM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
Received 188 Likes on 114 Posts
Gheezh $259 per carbon fiber tip! WTH! Comes with an Allen screw to attach? To heck with that, I'm riveting on those damn tips!

But either way I guess not a bad deal now $1010 for the exhaust plus $518 for the tips = $1528 for OEM JCW exhaust which is switchable. Just need to determine how to hot wire for later Gen MINIs, and figure out what your missing out on if you aren't able to use the box as a piggy back ECU mod...

Old 09-29-2020, 04:19 PM
FlyingScot57
1st Gear
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
We have a 2016 JCW with Dinan Elite. Want the louder exhaust, be happy to go this route and do the install ourselves. However - is this a flash tune for ECU? Thought this was just a straight valves exhaust?

Old 10-02-2020, 12:23 PM
jpsjr1970
3rd Gear
Well all I can say don’t buy this from ECS Tuning, clearly it’s been 2+ weeks and the items I ordered haven’t even left even though they have been in stock since day of order!! What a crappy service!! I refuse to order from them going forward!!! Been down this road a few times with them with these Covid Excuses!!! Beware of Delays!!!

Chamberlin1 (10-05-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 06:46 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,097 Likes on 1,871 Posts
I am here, things have been crazy with the massive amounts of orders, we never seen this many this late in the year. Trying to catch up, does not sound right that it was in stock and delayed that much. As always i am here.

Sorry for the issues. And you can send me the orders as I can look into them. Send your order via PM as i want to look into this.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Eurothrasher (11-22-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 03:03 AM
jpsjr1970
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
I am here, things have been crazy with the massive amounts of orders, we never seen this many this late in the year. Trying to catch up, does not sound right that it was in stock and delayed that much. As always i am here.

Sorry for the issues. And you can send me the orders as I can look into them. Send your order via PM as i want to look into this.
Replied to your response already, no need to continue arguing, you lost me as a high volume customer, especially when I asked numerous times on the phone to speak to the original guys I deal with, instead I got stuck with Erin who thinks she can talk to me like I’m a nobody and and lie to me about status of items.... clearly you need a reorganization in your house. Good Luck and I’ll take my money and business elsewhere.... my advise is that clearly their are much better establishments taking orders and getting them to their customers on a timely fashion especially in these trying times.....

Old 10-07-2020, 04:11 AM
AirborneMini003
4th Gear
Can’t argue with Jose. Delays and slow transit times can happen but bad communication doesn’t need to. The pandemic has been an anomaly in terms of consumer buying behaviour. But it’s been months so most operational corrections should have been made. In many cases, Covid has been a blank cheque for excuses. When consumers save for purchases, especially non essential ones, it’s an exciting reward for the hard work invested. It magnifies the shopping experience for the better or worse. Long story short, open, transparent communication is free. Accountability may cost but brings dividends and distrust breeds resentment. As a big business, operating online as a reseller, Amazon set your benchmark for customer experience. Arrives tomorrow free, send it back next day free and most times you’re refunded at drop off. Small business like outmotoring may at times be more but the owner makes you feel special and connected, and appreciated. Dinan has to invent products requiring heavy investment, and they back it with accountability. At ECS, you’re a distributor, so if you don’t have availability and service, I’m not sure what is your value add.

Old 10-07-2020, 04:32 AM
jpsjr1970
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by AirborneMini003
Can’t argue with Jose. Delays and slow transit times can happen but bad communication doesn’t need to. The pandemic has been an anomaly in terms of consumer buying behaviour. But it’s been months so most operational corrections should have been made. In many cases, Covid has been a blank cheque for excuses. When consumers save for purchases, especially non essential ones, it’s an exciting reward for the hard work invested. It magnifies the shopping experience for the better or worse. Long story short, open, transparent communication is free. Accountability may cost but brings dividends and distrust breeds resentment. As a big business, operating online as a reseller, Amazon set your benchmark for customer experience. Arrives tomorrow free, send it back next day free and most times you’re refunded at drop off. Small business like outmotoring may at times be more but the owner makes you feel special and connected, and appreciated. Dinan has to invent products requiring heavy investment, and they back it with accountability. At ECS, you’re a distributor, so if you don’t have availability and service, I’m not sure what is your value add.
Perfectly Said My Friend! And yes, OutMotoring is another excellent resource for products for our cars. The fortunate part for me is that I’m buying at a higher volume so dealership parts departments will give a little extra if they are at a higher volume. Case in point, I buy a boatload of Porsche Parts from SunCoast in Florida and clearly not one dealership in my area can come close to their prices. Thanks again. Jose

Old 11-22-2020, 03:51 PM
Agbullet25
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
What never made sense to me on this "deal" is the tuning kit is eligible for free shipping but yet just buying the JCW Pro exhaust for a JCW does not qualify. Literally the only difference is the little piece of paper which comes with the tuning kit key for programming and the JCW tuning kit badge to put on the engine cover. Guess that's enough of a difference to qualify for free shipping versus just the exhaust and associated wiring.

Old 11-25-2020, 05:15 PM
AirborneMini003
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Agbullet25
What never made sense to me on this "deal" is the tuning kit is eligible for free shipping but yet just buying the JCW Pro exhaust for a JCW does not qualify. Literally the only difference is the little piece of paper which comes with the tuning kit key for programming and the JCW tuning kit badge to put on the engine cover. Guess that's enough of a difference to qualify for free shipping versus just the exhaust and associated wiring.
Maybe it’s funded by Mini? The tune part costs them nothing but the paper and badge, and the dealers get to make money to flash your ECU. The exhaust is expensive to make and move around and can be installed anywhere. There is less incentive for them to discount the exhaust when sold alone. I didn’t even get a badge with mine, it doesn’t come with the clubman tuning kit 🤷🏽.

Old 11-25-2020, 09:47 PM
Agbullet25
5th Gear
Maybe it’s funded by Mini? The tune part costs them nothing but the paper and badge, and the dealers get to make money to flash your ECU. The exhaust is expensive to make and move around and can be installed anywhere. There is less incentive for them to discount the exhaust when sold alone. I didn’t even get a badge with mine, it doesn’t come with the clubman tuning kit 🤷🏽.
If this was a deal through the dealership I could buy that, but ECS is a 3rd party retailer so they’re on the hook for shipping costs. My point is the box is going to be no different for the exhaust by itself versus the exhaust and code to flash the ECU tune. So adding a slip of paper with the ECU code doesn’t make a hill of beans difference in shipping costs.

Old 11-26-2020, 02:30 AM
AirborneMini003
4th Gear
If this was a deal through the dealership I could buy that, but ECS is a 3rd party retailer so they’re on the hook for shipping costs. My point is the box is going to be no different for the exhaust by itself versus the exhaust and code to flash the ECU tune. So adding a slip of paper with the ECU code doesn’t make a hill of beans difference in shipping costs.
id wager a bet that ECS sells more tuning kits than the better part of the dealers, on top of the rest of the oem parts. It would not be uncommon for the manufacture to offer promotional support to legitimate non- brick and mortar 3rd party resellers. Mini would order the kit as a single SKU from where it produced and ships it full container to their various global DCs. They won’t break down the packaging to sell off components so it needs to be liquidated if it’s slow moving. If ECS commit to purchasing and inventorying the kit, they can’t break it up either because they aren’t authorized to sell just the tune per se. I’d assume that if they do any legit volume of business with BMW NA, having a promotional window where they get funding in the form of a shipping credit is not a far cry. Dealers don’t stock this, so operationally, BMW already has the burden of financing, warehousing, then shipping this as a single unit when it’s sold. ECS would have at least bought them bulk by pallet so the freight factor alone when it’s handled as a single unit is infinitely more. In the promo, freight probably amounts to 10% profit per unit on an item that probably offers 50% GP to start with. The carrying cost starts adding up when big expensive things sit around.

Last edited by AirborneMini003; 11-26-2020 at 03:44 AM.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:43 AM
Agbullet25
5th Gear
id wager a bet that ECS sells more tuning kits than the better part of the dealers, on top of the rest of the oem parts. It would not be uncommon for the manufacture to offer promotional support to legitimate non- brick and mortar 3rd party resellers. Mini would order the kit as a single SKU from where it produced and ships it full container to their various global DCs. They won’t break down the packaging to sell off components so it needs to be liquidated if it’s slow moving. If ECS commit to purchasing and inventorying the kit, they can’t break it up either because they aren’t authorized to sell just the tune per se. I’d assume that if they do any legit volume of business with BMW NA, having a promotional window where they get funding in the form of a shipping credit is not a far cry. Dealers don’t stock this, so operationally, BMW already has the burden of financing, warehousing, then shipping this as a single unit when it’s sold. ECS would have at least bought them bulk by pallet so the freight factor alone when it’s handled as a single unit is infinitely more. In the promo, freight probably amounts to 10% profit per unit on an item that probably offers 50% GP to start with. The carrying cost starts adding up when big expensive things sit around.
And that describes the JCW tuning kit only. It doesn’t explain why the same exact box, minus a piece of paper with the tune authorization code, doesn’t qualify for free shipping as well. Using your point, dealers don’t stock the exhaust either so BMW is on the hook for that as well as ECS if they bought exhaust kits in bulk.

Checking the listing now it appears ECS has changed it to now be free shipping funnily enough.

Old 11-26-2020, 10:55 AM
cooper48
6th Gear
Received 581 Likes on 467 Posts
$1,100+ for 5hp and some noise? No thanks. A tune costs less than half that much and provides three times the horsepower.

Old 11-26-2020, 10:58 AM
AirborneMini003
4th Gear
And that describes the JCW tuning kit only. It doesn’t explain why the same exact box, minus a piece of paper with the tune authorization code, doesn’t qualify for free shipping as well. Using your point, dealers don’t stock the exhaust either so BMW is on the hook for that as well as ECS if they bought exhaust kits in bulk.

Checking the listing now it appears ECS has changed it to now be free shipping funnily enough.
I imagine the profit margin for the tuning kit is huge. The direct cost of the tune development is very low, but it adds a lot to the retail price of the tuning kit. To your point, the paper doesn’t add to the shipping cost. It’s just easier to discount the tuning kit when the exhaust/remote/packaging and freight is mostly what they account for. Lots of padding, and lots of incentive for dealers to push. Unless you have another car or roof rack, you’re not getting the exhaust out of the dealer unless it’s installed. It makes ECS a valuable resale resource. Good to see them discounting the exhaust, I’d love to hear more of them

Old 11-26-2020, 11:08 AM
AirborneMini003
4th Gear
Originally Posted by cooper48
$1,100+ for 5hp and some noise? No thanks. A tune costs less than half that much and provides three times the horsepower.
my intake was $600 for 5 hp (maybe) and some noise. The tune and exhaust is far improved but not the best bang for the buck. Just no CELs!

http://www.motoringfun.com/2015/11/0...cw-tuning-kit/Dyno Numbers
Factory JCW:
Wheel Horsepower: 220.33 whp
Wheel Torque: 219.66 ft-lbs
Crank Horsepower: 246.77 bhp
Crank Torque: 246.02 ft-lbs

F56 Cooper S w/ JCW Tuning Kit:
Wheel Horsepower: 206.53 whp
Wheel Torque: 236.99 ft-lbs
Crank Horsepower: 231.31 bhp
Crank Torque: 265.43 ft-lbs

Old 11-30-2020, 08:31 AM
TheBigNewt
OVERDRIVE
Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts
I have an exhaust like that as original equipment on my 2020 JCW Clubman. When I put it in Sport mode the other exhaust opens a second channel for a louder sound. Can I assume the 2019 JCW models have the same feature?