the *NEW* Mini Marketplace List your Vehicle or Parts that you are looking for, or selling in here. Part-Outs too.

2005 R52 S in Hyper Blue - 2 owner < 86k miles - 6 spd manual

For Sale

2005 Mini R52: "Mk I" Mini Convertible

03-28-2021, 05:27 PM | Replies: 8 | Views: 1622
  • 2005 Mini R52: "Mk I" Mini Convertible - 2005 R52 S in Hyper Blue - 2 owner < 86k miles - 6 spd manual - Used - VIN On Request - 85,719 Miles - 4 cyl - 2WD - Manual - Convertible - Blue - Broomall, Pa, PA 19008, United States
    Sold
  • 2005 Mini R52: "Mk I" Mini Convertible - 2005 R52 S in Hyper Blue - 2 owner < 86k miles - 6 spd manual - Used - VIN On Request - 85,719 Miles - 4 cyl - 2WD - Manual - Convertible - Blue - Broomall, Pa, PA 19008, United States
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
1st Gear

• Price
    $8,000
  • Location Broomall, Pa, PA, 19008, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN On Request
  • Mileage 85,719
  • Engine 4 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Manual
  • Vehicle Type Convertible
  • Exterior Color Blue
Description:

I've decided to upgrade to a slightly larger convertible with a lot more power and sadly I need to let go of my beloved R52s.

I bought the car in 2017 and put close to $7k in since, including replacing the internals of the convertible top to fix the broken retractor cables.   Good condition R52s are getting harder to find and these prices are moving north, which makes it a great time to buy this car (not to mention, the Spring driving season is here!)

The car has aftermarket OZ Racing wheels in black, and I ditched the run flats in exchange for serious grip with new BFG Sport Comp2s that currently have less than 3000 miles on them.  The car runs strong, handles great, and is a blast to drive.  PA inspected until 9/21, currently under 86k miles but will go up as I love driving this car on sunny days.

The car has a few minor paint imperfections, and at one point the top was misaligned slightly prior to my ownership.  This resulted in some wear marks on the top, but it has no patches/leaks/or structural issues and works exactly as designed in sunroof or fully retracted modes.  Some of the rear weather stripping is cracking.  It's a DIY job to replace I never got around to, since I park in a garage and don't drive in the rain.

The car will need front brakes soon, but not at wear indicators yet.  Interior is clean and scent free.  Car has the sport chrono package, H&K sound upgrade, and cold weather (heated seats).  CD player works perfectly if you still use discs.

My R52 has a clean carfax, and is 2 owner.  I've addressed a lot of the common issues that crop up, and have maintenance records at request.  Car was stock when I got it, and other than some suspension work (polyurethane bushings, etc) and the wheels this car has never had any power adder or other mods.  The car should have a long life ahead of itself as long as you continue caring for it as I did.

Sale price is a starting point, but I'm not interested in hearing offers unless they are reasonably close to my ask, so please, spare me if you only wish to lowball because I'll pass.  Feel free to contact with any questions - thanks!

Last edited by cotenseto; 04-03-2021 at 03:06 PM. Reply
Old 04-03-2021 | 03:10 PM
cotenseto
|
1st Gear
Price dropped to $8k. My wife wants her garage space back and my sanity is worth a quick sale!

Old 04-05-2021 | 06:45 PM
Kitchenboy
3rd Gear
Makes me feel like I got a steel at 5k for my 08 R52 JCW with 62k on it last year. The weather strip on every R52 is usually shot and is easily replaced but the 2 pieces go for almost 400 bucks now. I did them on mine.

Old 04-07-2021 | 03:24 PM
cotenseto
|
1st Gear
5k is cheap, seems like a bargain if the car is a clear title/no accident with a maintenance history. Seems most people who like Minis are as well lol (cheap that is). So far only offers I'm getting are silly like $3k. Your car looks great! Sorry you live in a front plate state. Those are the worst. Just took the car out today, drove beautifully. Bump for a new home! I'm negotiable, somebody shoot me a reasonable offer and maybe we can do a deal!

Old 04-07-2021 | 03:37 PM
Kitchenboy
3rd Gear
All clear as far as title and decent maintenance history. I had it at WMW in Atlanta on its way to me from texas and he gave it a once over and did some of the known issues on the first gens plus his street cam and tune. I've done a bunch of things to it now that it's with me. It's so much fun working on it but I think my wife wants to kill me. I actually bought it for her to drive on nice days but now I love taking it out. She would have been happy with a base mini or plain S. Good luck with your sale.

The following users liked this post:
cotenseto (04-10-2021)
Old 04-07-2021 | 03:38 PM
Kitchenboy
3rd Gear
Plus the car spent its whole life in New Mexico and Texas so no rust from road salt.

Old 04-07-2021 | 05:08 PM
mountainhorse
6th Gear
I think that your price is fair...and hold out to get it for a while... put it up on FB, CL etc.... and post as many photos in good resolution as you can.

Sure there are some people that pickup some bargains here and there.... I'm one of those with a few in the stable that I got for way less than value of the car.

There are other cars that are going to sell for what they are ACTUALLY worth.
Fair to seller, fair to buyer.

EG... In KB's example above... If he were to sell the car, I'm sure he'd ask for more than he paid.

As an example... Imissed on a garage-kept, one owner, 2007 JCW R52 for with 41K miles in primo shape last year with all the CF JCW bits, R95's and loaded with factory options, new Michelins to boot... for $3800 advertised as a "Mini Copper for sale or trade".... Go figure.

The occasional ‘rare finds’ are out there ... but not common ... and certainly does not diminish the value of fairly priced car like yours ... for both the seller and the buyer.

As is common in the car world.... buying and selling of the same car by the same person often has different numbers attached to those 2 scenarios.

Your car looks solid and has a lot of stuff taken care of on it that most R52’s need.

Yours is a good price IMO that is worth holding out for.

GLWTS !!

Last edited by mountainhorse; 04-09-2021 at 10:25 AM.
cotenseto (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021 | 08:41 AM
cotenseto
|
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mountainhorse
I think that your price is fair...and hold out to get it for a while... put it up on FB, CL etc.... and post as many photos in good resolution as you can.

Sure there are some people that pickup some bargains here and there.... I'm one of those with a few in the stable that I got for way less than value of the car.

There are other cars that are going to sell for what they are ACTUALLY worth.
Fair to seller, fair to buyer.

EG... In KB's example above... If he were to sell the car, I'm sure he'd ask for more than he paid.

As an example... Imissed on a garage-kept, one owner, 2007 JCW R52 for with 41K miles in primo shape last year with all the CF JCW bits, R95's and loaded with factory options, new Michelins to boot... for $3800 advertised as a "Mini Copper for sale or trade".... Go figure.

The occasional ‘rare finds’ are out there ... but not common ... and certainly does not diminish the value of fairly priced car like yours ... for both the seller and the buyer.

As is common in the car world.... buying and selling of the same car by the same person often has different numbers attached to those 2 scenarios.

Your car looks solid and has a lot of stuff taken care of on it that most R52’s need.

Yours is a good price IMO that is worth holding out for.

GLWTS !!

Thank you! Just sold this morning, for $7500. Appreciate the kind words. I will miss the Mini Community which has been great, but my replacement car is a whole different beast... I got a ZL1 Camaro Convertible in the same color scheme (blue/black wheels). Man this thing is a BEAST! Terrible gas mileage though but wow, what a load of fun. Take care guys, it's been great! Hope to be back again one day.

Mike

Old 04-10-2021 | 10:10 AM
Kitchenboy
3rd Gear
Congrats. Now I dont feel so bad about spending money on mine.

cotenseto (04-11-2021)