Marketplace - Archive Old Marketplace threads and posts (Read-only). Please use appropriate Marketplace forum for new posts.

S-Lites and Driving Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 02:00 PM
TiMINITim
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S-Lites and Driving Lights

1) I have a set of 4 white, S-Lites for sale. They have almost completely worn Kumho MX's on them but I wouldn't plan on getting any milage from them. This is really for someone who wants the S-lites to put there own new tires on. All four rims have at least a little wear to them, including curb rash. I will post pics in the next day or so (need to wash them first ). I will start by asking $200 plus shipping for these. [Reason for selling: New tires and rims on the way! ]

2) *SOLD* I have a set of OEM, in the box, never-installed, driving lights. This includes the wiring harness, lights, covers, instructions, little on/off button.....everything. This was purchased by a friend at a time when dealers were requiring people to buy extras with their MINs. I decided I didn't want them on my MINI and I would like to sell them for exactly what I paid for them, $250 (plus shipping). I will also post a picture of these in the next day or so.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have as I am sure I missed something here.

Thanks!!!
Tim

Old 04-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Koopah
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TiMINITim
{snip}...I have a set of OEM, in the box, never-installed, driving lights....{snip}
Tim,

Would you let us know the part number printed on the driving light box? There are actually two kits: one for a MINI with headlight washers and one for a MINI without washers.

Thanks,

Theo

Old 04-05-2005, 05:53 PM
kseckel99
5th Gear
1) I have a set of 4 white, S-Lites for sale. They have almost completely worn Kumho MX's on them but I wouldn't plan on getting any milage from them. This is really for someone who wants the S-lites to put there own new tires on. All four rims have at least a little wear to them, including curb rash. I will post pics in the next day or so (need to wash them first ). I will start by asking $200 plus shipping for these. [Reason for selling: New tires and rims on the way! ]

2) I have a set of OEM, in the box, never-installed, driving lights. This includes the wiring harness, lights, covers, instructions, little on/off button.....everything. This was purchased by a friend at a time when dealers were requiring people to buy extras with their MINs. I decided I didn't want them on my MINI and I would like to sell them for exactly what I paid for them, $250 (plus shipping). I will also post a picture of these in the next day or so.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have as I am sure I missed something here.

Thanks!!!
Tim
Might be interested. Am going to the dealer tomorow to have my lights looked at. I don't think they are aimed correctly. Left seems low. If they are correct I might look into adding more lights so help me see better at night. Would also be interested in seeing a picture and model #.

Thanks,

Old 04-05-2005, 06:36 PM
TiMINITim
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Koopah
Tim,

Would you let us know the part number printed on the driving light box? There are actually two kits: one for a MINI with headlight washers and one for a MINI without washers.

Thanks,

Theo
The part number on the box is '63 12 0 144 132'

It is stated in the instructions: "For cars with a combination of xenon lights and high pressure washer system, a different /reinforced hood damper (P/N 51 23 7 064 485), must be installed for safety reasons"

Tim

Old 04-05-2005, 06:47 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kseckel99
Might be interested. Am going to the dealer tomorow to have my lights looked at. I don't think they are aimed correctly. Left seems low. If they are correct I might look into adding more lights so help me see better at night. Would also be interested in seeing a picture and model #.
Thanks,
BTW kseckel99, you can adjust the xenons yourself. It's quite simple. There are two screws under the bonnet where the lights are that are adjustable with a flat head screw driver. There's a L-R one and an U-D one. Try adjusting them and checking them on a wall or garage door. You should be able to line them up and raise them a tad with no problem.(don't raise them too high or you'll blind people and get high beamed all the time)

Old 04-06-2005, 08:01 AM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
>>>>There are actually two kits: one for a MINI with headlight washers and one for a MINI without washers.<<<<<

Actually the 2 kits have nothing to do with the washers. One has no control switch and must be activated by the dealer. The other has a switch and doesn't need activation.

Old 04-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Koopah
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Moorlockx
>>>>There are actually two kits: one for a MINI with headlight washers and one for a MINI without washers.<<<<<

Actually the 2 kits have nothing to do with the washers. One has no control switch and must be activated by the dealer. The other has a switch and doesn't need activation.
Ok! Great info! What are the part numbers of these two kits?

Theo

Old 04-06-2005, 01:56 PM
francisk
6th Gear
....I would like to sell them for exactly what I paid for them, $250 (plus shipping). ....
I just wonder where do you get it for $250.. Since most of the place are selling around $3XX.

Old 04-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
>>>Ok! Great info! What are the part numbers of these two kits?<<<

with the switch - 63 12 0 144 132
w/o " " - 63 12 137 301

These are the #s listed on the .pdf's I've got.

....and even though they recommend them, there's no reason what so ever to waste the money replacing the struts, unless you're putting on an ungodly large set of lights. I've got 6" Cibie's on mine with nary a problem with the hood not staying up.

Old 04-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Koopah
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Moorlockx
>>>Ok! Great info! What are the part numbers of these two kits?<<<

with the switch - 63 12 0 144 132
w/o " " - 63 12 137 301

These are the #s listed on the .pdf's I've got.
Many thanx Moorlockx!

Looks like Titanium Tim's lights have the switch and DO NOT need to be activated by the dealer.

Theo

Old 04-06-2005, 05:14 PM
kseckel99
5th Gear
Originally Posted by greatgro
BTW kseckel99, you can adjust the xenons yourself. It's quite simple. There are two screws under the bonnet where the lights are that are adjustable with a flat head screw driver. There's a L-R one and an U-D one. Try adjusting them and checking them on a wall or garage door. You should be able to line them up and raise them a tad with no problem.(don't raise them too high or you'll blind people and get high beamed all the time)
If I only had ordered the Zenons.

Thanks,

Old 04-07-2005, 09:27 AM
TiMINITim
3rd Gear
The S-lites still available

The driving lights are sold....the S-lites are still available. I apologize for the delay, but there will be pics available Friday evening. I just don't get home before dark, and there's no sense in taking pictures inside because you wont be able to really see the condition.

Thanks,
Tim

Old 04-09-2005, 12:23 PM
TiMINITim
3rd Gear
Wheel pics......finally!!!

The photo's are loaded in to my gallery with brief decriptions. As soon as I figure out how to load them directly on to this post I will do that.

Once cleaned they were in much better condition than I had initially thought. Only one wheel has curb rash (in two spots), the other three have small nick or blemish's. On the interior of all four, the brake dust may not (probably wont) clean off 100% since I do not usually get behind completely when cleaning.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Tim