Marketplace - Archive Old Marketplace threads and posts (Read-only). Please use appropriate Marketplace forum for new posts.

Centerline Storm 17x7 FORGED ALUMINUM WHEELS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 11:13 AM
OasisT
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Centerline Storm 17x7 FORGED ALUMINUM WHEELS!!!

(4) Centerline Storm wheels, BRAND NEW in the box. I was going to use them for SCCA Solo II use with Hoosier rains, but, I have decided to go to STX class for next season, so, I am going to gamble and go to nationals without rain tires this year.

These wheels are lightweight and FORGED ALUMINUM so, they are much much higher quality and lighter than any other non-forged wheel.

17x7
4x100 bolt pattern
42mm offset

$590 plus $40 shipping!!!!

G-Stock LEGAL!!! PERFECT for track use!!!!

I'll throw on some BRAND NEW mounted Hoosier A3S04 225/45/17 tires on these wheels for an extra $400 and shipping will still be $40(in other words, I'll eat half of shipping.)

Attached Thumbnails Centerline Storm 17x7 FORGED ALUMINUM WHEELS!!!-storm.jpg  
Old 07-14-2005, 11:47 AM
peterwhit
3rd Gear
how much do they weigh and do you have centering rings for them?

Old 07-14-2005, 11:53 AM
OasisT
6th Gear
I was told they weight around 15lbs from Centerline SHIPPED, and that without the box they would be in the 14lbs range, they feel lightweight, but, I don't have an accurate enough scale at that light of a weight to verify exact weight so 14-15lbs it is. :-) They do not come with any centering rings. I haven't even opened 3 of the boxes since I never bought the Hoosier Rains, I suppose its possible they put the rings in one of the boxes. I'll check the packing slip on my lunch break and re-post.
:smile:

Old 07-14-2005, 02:16 PM
04yellowS
3rd Gear
You can get them for $636 including shipping from Centerline anytime. Maybe you could lower the price a little. A $6 savings buying "used" isn't worth a lot to me. And I say used because I would not be buying them from a dealer.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:23 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
OK, I'll step down to $600 shipped then since they are new and no wait is needed if they happen to be out of stock at the moment, which they are ocassionally which takes 6 weeks or so to produce if I remember correctly. :-)) Otherwise, they are going back to where I bought them. :-)))) Also, I just took them to work and weighed them on my very accurate scientific scale, they are 15.835 lbs, which, would warrant my return since they are .835 lbs heavier than advertised by the tech when I asked before the purchase. :smile: :smile:

Craig

Keep in mind, I can forward my purchase receipt and the warranty will transfer to whoever buys them. They have not even been opened, in fact, I strapped the opened one back into its box so they will ship just as new as well.

Also, keep in mind, prices do fluxuate on these for some reason, I bought some 20x8 wheels for my Tahoe from Centerline for $149, now they are $229. And, these Storm wheels were $179, now they seem to be lowered. They 15x7's were $119, now they are higher. It must be the fluxuation with the price of material at the time of production I guess??

Old 07-14-2005, 03:17 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
Wheels being shipped back as we speak. If anyone wants them for $600 shipped, better PM me within 5 minutes before UPS arrives. :-)))

Craig

Old 07-14-2005, 03:19 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
OK, they are now shipped back and off the selling block. :-))) That was quick, only 2 minutes and bamm, UPS must have been across the street!!!

Old 07-14-2005, 03:33 PM
CFMINI
4th Gear
I have a set of Centerline Storm forged wheels in 17 x 7 x 42 offset. They weigh 15 lbs and did not come with centering rings from Centerline. Got em for $139 each from Centerline directly and since I am in SoCal, I went and picked them up myself. Nice wheels, just a lot of work to keep them polished for my daily driver.

Tires are Toyo T1-S in 215-40-17 and car is lowered with m7 springs

Attached Thumbnails Centerline Storm 17x7 FORGED ALUMINUM WHEELS!!!-overall_side_view.jpg  
Old 07-14-2005, 03:37 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CFMINI
I have a set of Centerline Storm forged wheels in 17 x 7 x 42 offset. They weigh 15 lbs and did not come with centering rings from Centerline. Got em for $139 each from Centerline directly and since I am in SoCal, I went and picked them up myself. Nice wheels, just a lot of work to keep them polished for my daily driver.

Tires are Toyo T1-S in 215-40-17 and car is lowered with m7 springs
They look great, but, at 15.835 lbs each, they are too heavy for my liking when paired with the 20+ pound rain radials, even if I were to have used them for rain wheels/tires. If anyone wants a set of these for street use, I'd highly recommend them though since $139 is a SMOKIN, closeout deal it looks like.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Mugami
Coordinator :: River City Minis
You should try calling Centerline and asking for the Impulse. I doubt they will sell it or will just tell you the Storm is the Impulse..

The Impulse name was the Prototype name used for the Storm in Pre-Production at the time wieghed in at 11.75 lbs then the Production Storms 15.85. To tell the difference between the two. The impulse had the Center cap held on by 4 allen screws. while production were clip ins.

If interested i had the Prototype. and have bent cracked and exploded 2 of the prototypes and 2 Production rims.. due to Sinkhole style Potholes.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:22 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
Exploding a rim doesn't sound like much fun to me. It really felt like there was an abnormal amount of weight on the face/spoke area, more so than any of my other lightweight rims, so, I think they over did it with too much material on the spoke area for some reason, probably for lack of strength on the prototype possibly? Oh well.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:39 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
OK, here is the latest, don't EVER buy Centerline wheels! Customer service now calls me back after they stated I could have a full refund and they now say they are charging me $80 shipping PLUS a re-stocking fee AND shipping on the way back to them(even though UPS won't charge them) for wheels not even opened, with the exception of the one I weighed. What a joke, these wheels were 1.835lbs per wheel heavier than stated by the tech and they say there is a variance between each wheel of up to 1 lb!!! Talk about a company that doesn't back their product and basically lied about the weight before the purchase. I have bought several wheels from them this year, NEVER AGAIN!

Anyway, Obviously not real happy with Centerline. And, something I didn't mention after inspecting the wheel a little closer, the finish is less than stellar on the sides of the spokes as well, its a very rough fresh cut looking finish, but, they are cheap as heck regardless at $139 so maybe a little abuse is in order for that price if you don't mind the extra weight.

Craig Wilcox

Old 07-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Passat774
5th Gear
The wheels are polished there is no clear coat or anything on them. Which would explain the not so great finish on some. They all could be polished by machine and hand to look even nicer than chrome..

Also, I am sorry to hear about the customer service being sooo bad. Wheel companys from what I understand hate to take back wheels !!!

Just ask for a manager and work your way up the ladder

Old 07-14-2005, 06:23 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Passat774
The wheels are polished there is no clear coat or anything on them. Which would explain the not so great finish on some. They all could be polished by machine and hand to look even nicer than chrome..

Also, I am sorry to hear about the customer service being sooo bad. Wheel companys from what I understand hate to take back wheels !!!

Just ask for a manager and work your way up the ladder
Its not a polishing thing, its basically if you could imagine a strip of wood only being partially plained. There were ridged on the surface where the metal was not shaved down evenly.

I think I'll just do a charge back on my card for product not delivered as promised. I was nicely explaining it to the customer service lady and she interupted me literally 10 times saying "sorry, but we are going to charge you a re-stocking fee plus shipping both ways". She never even heard anything I said I'd bet. Oh well.

Old 07-14-2005, 10:34 PM
markbradford
5th Gear
Craig -

1. Thanks - I got the rubber today.

2. Did you buy with plastic? Cut that charge off like a tumor. That is ridiculous. I have a friend who ordered BBS wheels from a vendor and took them to the CA Department of Weights and Measures to be weighed. They were over, and as soon as the vendor heard that they immediately took them back.

Threaten them with consumer power - you will have them weighted by an independent, accurate source, and post about it *EVERYWHERE* on the internet. Your dollars will start to seem like a blip on their radar in comparison to the hit they could take.

Old 07-14-2005, 11:42 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 123 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by OasisT
They look great, but, at 15.835 lbs each, they are too heavy for my liking
Which lighter weight wheels are you considering? I've been surveying a lot of wheels on the web and have seen only a very few 17"s that are lighter than 15.8 lbs.

Old 07-15-2005, 08:07 AM
FUEGO
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Take a look at TireRack. The Kosei K1 TS's run 14.1 lbs for 17x7 wheels, but are a little higher priced @ $199 ea.