Mid-Ohio Motoring Club The Mid-Ohio Motoring Clubs forum. Visit our club site at www.midohiomotoring.com

Cincy MINI Offering "Valet Service"

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 11:00 AM
SizeDoesMatter
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by welshmenwillnotyield
I was at MAG last week for some work on my MCS and met Johnny. We had quite a long chat, as he was the only one at the MINI desk and it was Monday morning. He stated that one of the salesmen had quite a fall and will not be back on the job for some time. He also stated that, besides him, there is only the Sales Manager, Kris, working and that they KNOW they need more help, but that most weekend people would rather not work weekends. I see it as unfortunate for MAG, because the new Sales Manager and Johnny are REALLY interested in getting the clubs involved, and WANT to put the word out on the MINI, but, until they get the other salesman back AND can get more people in to sell cars during the weekends, things will continue to stagnate.
Well it gets wilder than that... Mike O'sullivan was my sales guy and the guy that fell down their steps... one heck of a nice guy, knows his stuff and I hope he makes it back after he heals up... So, with Mike out I began dealing with Kris Murry Sales-manager... Knowing my car is in or near port I called for Kris today... HE no longer works there... Eric Maxwell is now the Sales-manager and he's checking on a few things for me... So given the fire, fall and turnover.... MAG seems a bit in flux!!

Old 03-18-2008, 11:09 AM
jw34
6th Gear
Wow. Kris wasn't there long at all. Too bad, every time I talked to him he was extremely nice.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:20 AM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It has been my experience that people in the car sales field are somewhat like gypsies. They move around a lot. Kris seemed like a good guy & I hope he does well where ever he lands. Here's hoping that Eric Maxwell has a good run too.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:08 PM
SizeDoesMatter
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Crashton
It has been my experience that people in the car sales field are somewhat like gypsies. They move around a lot. Kris seemed like a good guy & I hope he does well where ever he lands. Here's hoping that Eric Maxwell has a good run too.
I sold cars from '77 till '81... one thing I know is that there is no notice in the car biz... you move at will... if it wasn't that way, you would have a guy on your lot selling cars for his next employer! So historically at least people come and go fairly quickly.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:43 PM
welshmenwillnotyield
6th Gear
Now, THAT'S a shame that Kris has left. He SEEMED sooo into MINIs, and especially, that new Clubman. I hope the new guy can get things done. Seems as if he and Johnny Wilson are the ones to hold down the fort til Mike gets back, and let's all hope it's soon! Two guys CANNOT do it all...maybe THAT'S why Kris left....