Mid-Ohio Motoring Club The Mid-Ohio Motoring Clubs forum. Visit our club site at www.midohiomotoring.com

Cincy MINI Offering "Valet Service"

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 06:55 PM
remphoto
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cincy MINI Offering "Valet Service"

We have been very happy with the sales and service experience at our selling dealer, Cincinnati MINI. As previously reported, we bypassed the more local dealer due to lack of interest on their part to selling us a MINI. Instead of driving 60 miles, I drove 170 miles but it has been worth it IMHO. I just learned that Cincy MINI now offers free "valet service". If they sell the car they will pick it up for free when any service is needed. They leave behind a loaner for a day or two. There is no limit to distance as they pick up cars in WVA, Lexington, KY and other areas where they have sold cars.

Before learning of this service we took the car down to Cincy to have a check engine light diagnosed. They gave us a BMW X3 to drive and the car came back practically detailed inside and out! Nice fully-stocked waiting area, too. Great folks.

Rob M.
Upper Sandusky

2007 MC CR/B, 6 speed

Old 01-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey MAG listen up.....

Thanks for the heads up Rob.

It is very nice to know that Cincinnati MINI has instituted that valet service. I bought my MINI from MAG. One of the reasons was their close proximity to me. I dreaded the thought of driving to Cinci or Mentor for service work. MAG has been OK with their service work.

They do not support the local MINI community like Cinci MINI does with their valet service & club support. Classic MINI in Mentor has a track day & picnic at Nelson Ledges for their customers, plus a nice NAM discount on parts.

When I buy my next one it will be from a dealer that supports the MINI community.

Cincinnati MINI......
Customer benefits:

Free valet service!!!
Supporting the local MINI community!!!

Classic MINI......
Customer benefits:

Track day / picnic.
NAM parts discount.

MAG.....
Customer benefits:
Nothing.

Are you listening MAG??

Old 01-26-2008, 08:48 AM
runninbeer
2nd Gear
Cincy Mini Rocks!

Old 01-26-2008, 05:41 PM
remphoto
3rd Gear
Cincy MINI follows their parent company, the BMW Store's, example of major support to their enthusiast clubs. Kelly Motors does the same to some extent in Columbus, but MAG does not do as much IMHO. Also, after buying several BMW's from MAG we ran into some questionable sales practices and got our last Bimmer from Kelly. Very satisfied with the treatment. When the time came to get a MINI we did visit MAG but found a lax attitude about selling the cars. Despite my urging to use Cincy MINI our daughter and soninlaw got theirs at MAG. In fairness they were happy with the deal and service.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:17 PM
muidaq
3rd Gear
I drove from Columbus to Cincy to buy both of my MINIs. MAG just never seemed to want my business.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:25 AM
Kamofrogg
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by muidaq
I drove from Columbus to Cincy to buy both of my MINIs. MAG just never seemed to want my business.
We got our MINI from MAG, but we were basically sent away by the salesman. He actually looked at us and said: "You know as well as I do that you're not going to buy a car today." WHAT??? So a friend of mine's husband sells Audis for MAG, and he came over to the MINI dealership to sell us our car. He said he'd never sell another MINI. I don't blame him. And if we ever get another new one, we plan to get it from Cincy.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:00 PM
moralmunky
1st Gear
I had a very similar experience with the MAG dealer. The sales associate wasn't engaging the first time we went and we had to almost pull the information from him. The second time was the same experience so we planned a trip the next day for Cincy because my first MINI experience was there and was VERY positive.. Put in an order while we were there. It's time for my first oil change and they either don't use any of their website services or just "lost" my online service request because no one contacted me for the requested appointment or the alternate that were for a week later. Has anyone had any good experiences with MAG, please share, I want to believe that I don't have to drive 170 miles to get good MINI servicing.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:15 AM
CHKMINI
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've bought cars and had them serviced at MAG for about 12 years now. First BMW's and now my MINI. I can honestly say that I've had no major issues with them in any area. Steve Morris in their service area has been very helpful and straightforward. Having been in the transportation business for over 25 years, I expect some glitches in service and maintence, after all we're talking about machines and people here. It's how a dealership reacts to those glitches that is important to me. MAG has always responded quickly and with satisfactory resolution.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:46 PM
SizeDoesMatter
3rd Gear
I’m fairly critical of car dealerships... I’ve owned a lot of vehicles used and new, I have dealt with many salespersons and actually was a car salesman from the mid-seventies until the recession of the early eighties.

In my five years here in Columbus I’ve dealt with The Toy Store, Germain Lexus, Immkey Honda, MAG Porsche and MINI. In the past I’ve done business with Byers, Tansky’s and White’s.

I understand that a fairly new generation of Sales and Management folks are currently manning MAG MINI and perhaps as such my dealing couldn’t have been more pleasant. Michael O’Sullivan and his sales manager, whose name escapes me at the moment, couldn’t have been more helpful and accommodating to my wife and me.

While I must admit that I had a certain relationship with MAG via their Porsche operation... one store really doesn’t have anything to do with the other so I don’t think that gave me in particular advantage.

Now granted the car isn’t actually in my hands at this point, its in flight... but if someone asked me today... I would have to highly recommend both MAG MINI and Porsche.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:29 PM
welshmenwillnotyield
6th Gear
I own two of the BMW MINIs, an early '03 MC CVT and a midyear '06 MCSa. I bought both from MAG and have serviced them both there with NO PROBLEMS whatsoever. Their service department has always been right on the money for me, and, whenever I have needed a loaner, they have always provided. Now that MAG has a new sales rep for MINI, their good service has just gotten even better...if having met him during the Clubman Preview was any indication!

Old 03-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
I Have to agree with you. My last service visit was better than the previous two. I could sense a change in attitude.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:06 PM
remphoto
3rd Gear
My problems with MAG MINI have nothing to do with service -- I hear it is good. It has to do with a bad experience with their BMW store several years ago. We were unduly pressured about making a decision based on misrepresentation, that lease factors were going to increase so we needed to act immediately. Also, the payment quoted was higher than the identical unit they were advertising in the newspaper. We did act -- went to Kelly where we were treated with respect (and no, the lease factors were not increasing and they beat MAG's advertised price). We then received a rather tactless email from the MAG rep, upset because he not only lost the deal but also because previously our daughter had dared not buy a car from him after he took the time to show it to her. Huh? Lost all respect and credibility for MAG.

Rob M.

Last edited by remphoto; 03-04-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Rob I understand & would have walked away myself. I'd have to say that after this length of time that person is probably no longer employed by MAG. I would have spoken to his boss about the treatment you & your daughter received & explained why they lost 2 sales.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:19 PM
SizeDoesMatter
3rd Gear
Mike at MAG....

I talked to Chris the new Sales-Manager at MAG MINI today, I was looking for Michael Osullivan, I was curious to see what it would cost to have the JCW Tuning Kit installed on my new car.

Seems that Mike fell down the steps there at MAG this week and really busted himself up... sounds like he's going to be out of the loop for awhile! Heck of a nice guy who seems to really love what he's doing... hate to see him down!

Since talking to Chris my research now tells me that there's a Tuning Kit for the Manual Transmission R56 but not the Automatic... The thought never occured to me to ask him if it was available for my car and of course he probably didn't know I had an auto ordered, he's not my Salesman after all... but it looks like this is an issue for me since I have the auto coming... depending on where I read, it seems the auto kit was going to be released late last year... some more current writings say it may never be released because of emission issues?? I guess I'll have to call back out there again to find out for sure.

Last edited by SizeDoesMatter; 03-05-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Wow, sorry to hear about Mike's mishap. Here's hoping he has a speedy recovery.

Terry, your car is on a ship in the Atlantic ocean & you are already starting to get the mod bug. WAY TO GO !!!

My guess is if there is enough interest the JCW will make it to the autobox MINI's.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:45 PM
SizeDoesMatter
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Crashton
Wow, sorry to hear about Mike's mishap. Here's hoping he has a speedy recovery.

Terry, your car is on a ship in the Atlantic ocean & you are already starting to get the mod bug. WAY TO GO !!!

My guess is if there is enough interest the JCW will make it to the autobox MINI's.
The mod bug runs pretty deep in my veins... over the years I've had a couple scooters in Easyrider's Magazine etc... but yea I was thinking about this once I determined this was dealer added intake, exhaust and chip that doesn't effect one's warranty... its pricey though... $2,100.00.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Man that is a lot of money. For $2,100 dollars I'll let you pass me once a session at the next 10 track days.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:47 PM
SizeDoesMatter
3rd Gear
Man that is a lot of money. For $2,100 dollars I'll let you pass me once a session at the next 10 track days.
It does seem like a lot of money.... obviously you're offering a much better deal!!

Old 03-05-2008, 06:31 PM
remphoto
3rd Gear
Rob I understand & would have walked away myself. I'd have to say that after this length of time that person is probably no longer employed by MAG. I would have spoken to his boss about the treatment you & your daughter received & explained why they lost 2 sales.
Chuck,

Actually he is still very much there and is now involved in the MINI operations. Enough said...

Rob

Old 03-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Originally Posted by remphoto
Chuck,

Actually he is still very much there and is now involved in the MINI operations. Enough said...

Rob
Oh my.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:42 PM
dajiggalo
3rd Gear
I was at MAG on the 15th for test drive, the only sales rep who seemed remotely interested in helping me out was Johnny Wilson, otherwise everyone else was on their own program. In all fairness to MAG, it seemed like there were only 2 people that day working in the MINI section (actually, it seemed like Johnny was the ONLY one working, that poor guy was trying to handle several customers at once), but when I was able to get a hold of Johnny, he was very helpful and informative (I'd go to him if you're buying from MAG). I ended up ordering a MINI from Classic up in Mentor. Overall, the MAG MINI experience was rather "muted," although the test drive was a blast.

Last edited by dajiggalo; 03-17-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:18 PM
jw34
6th Gear
Johnny was my MA and he's a good guy. He seemed genuinely enthused about me getting my car all the way through the purchase process. And he was very patient with my incessant questions!

Old 03-17-2008, 09:33 PM
cmy
1st Gear
Nothing but great things to say about Cincy MINI

From sales to service, I have not found a better dealership. Everyone is very professional and extremely accommodating. The valet service is awesome. I have sent everyone I know looking to buy a MINI or BMW to Cincinnati MINI and The BMW Store.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:35 AM
welshmenwillnotyield
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dajiggalo
I was at MAG on the 15th for test drive, the only sales rep who seemed remotely interested in helping me out was Johnny Wilson, otherwise everyone else was on their own program. In all fairness to MAG, it seemed like there were only 2 people that day working in the MINI section (actually, it seemed like Johnny was the ONLY one working, that poor guy was trying to handle several customers at once), but when I was able to get a hold of Johnny, he was very helpful and informative (I'd go to him if you're buying from MAG). I ended up ordering a MINI from Classic up in Mentor. Overall, the MAG MINI experience was rather "muted," although the test drive was a blast.
I was at MAG last week for some work on my MCS and met Johnny. We had quite a long chat, as he was the only one at the MINI desk and it was Monday morning. He stated that one of the salesmen had quite a fall and will not be back on the job for some time. He also stated that, besides him, there is only the Sales Manager, Kris, working and that they KNOW they need more help, but that most weekend people would rather not work weekends. I see it as unfortunate for MAG, because the new Sales Manager and Johnny are REALLY interested in getting the clubs involved, and WANT to put the word out on the MINI, but, until they get the other salesman back AND can get more people in to sell cars during the weekends, things will continue to stagnate.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:39 AM
welshmenwillnotyield
6th Gear
I also heard recently that Louisville, KY, is about to get a MINI dealership. If that is true, I'd imagine it will take a lot of business from the Cincinnati dealer, since it gets many people from the southern tri-state area.

Quick Reply: Cincy MINI Offering "Valet Service"