Midwest Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas

STLMINI.COM - Dinner and Raffle- July 26th

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 09:10 AM
Redbird73
Coordinator :: St. Louis MINI Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Phil Wicks has graciously offered his house for a Mini club get-together dinner! The dinner will be July 26th, starting at 4pm. Please bring a covered dish (marked with your name for ID). Phil and Norree will provide the drinks.

The main event for the evening is a Mini Club raffle. In exchange for a $2 donation to the St. Louis Mini Club, you will receive one entry in the raffle. Prizes include:
- A Framed 24”x36” MINI wild poster (Yellow MINI with Bee)
- A Bucket of Mother’s Wax products valued at $100 (courtesy of Forrest Tosie from Mothers)
- An aluminum MINI "S" sculpture (courtesy of Kevin Trobough).
- One track day with the Phil Wicks Driving Academy (valued at $275)
- Four First Prizes: An opportunity to compete in an enduro go-cart race on August 9th. Four drivers will make up the Mini club team. We will be competing against the Ferrari, Lotus, Porsche, and BMW clubs. This race is sponsored by Red Bull. You must be at least 16 years old to claim this prize.
- Two Grand Prizes: An opportunity to compete in a go-cart race on August 8th. The race will be held on the streets of Soulard and is sponsored by Red Bull. The winners will compete with Phil Wicks, Instructors from the Phil Wicks Driving Academy, and Buddy Rice and Eddie Cheever (IRL Race Drivers)! You must be at least 16 years old to claim this prize.
- All prizes are assignable, so if you win and cannot compete, you can assign your prize to someone who can compete.

All St. Louis Mini Club Members and their families can enter. One entry per person please. For example, both my wife and I will donate $2 and get two separate entries. Entries will be taken as you arrive at the event.

A map to Phil's house can be seen here.

Please RSVP to aaron@stlmini.com by July 25th, 2003. Please indicate how many people will be attending. With over 75 members in the club now, we should have a great feast and a fun raffle! Please e-mail me if you have any questions or suggestions for raffle prizes.

We hope to see all of you there. Motor on!

Old 07-28-2003, 11:46 AM
BlackKnight
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was the first club event I was able to attend, and I must say it exceeded my expectations...which were pretty high already! My wife and I had a great time (and I'm sure our MINI did as well). Everyone was great and we had a blast just meeting as many members as we could and getting to know some of you a little. My wife was very pleasantly surprised by how much fun she had. (I can only imagine what her expectations were re: spending the evening with a bunch of MINI fanatics!) Thanks to several of you ladies for making her feel welcome.

Thanks especially to Phil and Noree for their hospitality...you were both gracious and entertaining hosts and your house is lovely! (if they don't frequent the forums, maybe someone can pass along our thoughts). Also, a big thanks for Aaron for organizing this (and other events) for the club. Looks like August is really heating up!

I'm really looking forward to representing the MINI club in the Red Bull enduro race, and I think I might have semi-permission to sign up for Phil's next track day on the 30th...way cool!

Old 07-28-2003, 11:47 AM
BlackKnight
2nd Gear
Let's get some pics up here! (unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera, so mine are always slow to get posted)

Old 07-29-2003, 06:44 AM
Redbird73
Coordinator :: St. Louis MINI Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here are some photos from the event:

Mini Club Raffle Dinner Photos

Enjoy!

Old 07-29-2003, 06:51 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
:smile: Looks like we missed a great time....
donna@dcmetrominis.org

Old 07-29-2003, 08:49 AM
BlackKnight
2nd Gear
Cool pics! Thanks for the quick service Aaron! I'll try to get mine scanned in after we get them developed.

Old 07-31-2003, 02:51 PM
Killerbee
3rd Gear
>> :smile: Looks like we missed a great time....
>>donna@dcmetrominis.org

Hi Donna and Mike,

You were there in spirit as you can see in at least one of the pictures I was installing the rear brake light modification that was taught to me by you! So you were there working right along with us.

Mick ( Killerbee )

Old 08-01-2003, 07:03 PM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
Sorry we missed the party. Hope to see you all very soon

Lois

Old 08-19-2003, 08:28 PM
MiniLiner
Neutral
What a great time we had! Thanks to Phil and Noreen!! You are brave to have us over to your beautiful home. Aaron--you are just the best. I have to give kudos to my husband who puts up with my Mini Mania! It was great to meet so many of you. Hope to see you at an event again soon!
Carolyn in St. Louis......Yellow/White/White BS