Midwest Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas

Chicago MINI Motoring Club Baseball Rally

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 09:30 AM
Gabe
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We now have yet another Chicago event to announce! But this time it will include our fellow motorers from the north.

What Type of event is this: This is a drive to Miller Park [www.milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mil/ballpark/mil_ballpark_history.jsp] in Milwaukee, for a_huge MINI tailgating party, and to see the Milwaukee Brewers vs. the Chicago Cubs

Who can join us: This drive is open to all MINI car owners in the Midwest, and anyone who rides along in a MINI.

When: Sunday, September 7th. The Chicago portion of the group will be leaving as a group from Knauz MINI in Lake Bluff at 8:00 am. We'll drive to International Auto in Milwaukee and meet up with the Milwaukee and Madison MINI groups. We will leave there @ 10:15 and motor to Miller Park. Milwaukee and Madison MINIs should be at International Auto no later than 9:45 am. Miller Park opens between 10:00 and 10:30 am. We must all arrive together in order to park together. No organized drive is planned post game, so far.

Where: Miller Park is the Brewers wonderful new baseball park. One of the best features of the park is that it has an retractable roof, so we will not be rained out. The huge open parking area, food pavilion, rest rooms, and hot coals disposal sites, will be ideal for tailgating. The parking areas are also patrolled by Milwaukee County Sheriffs during the game, so our MINIs will be well looked after.

Costs and Tickets: We have reserved a block of seats for this event, and tickets can be purchased thru the ticket listing below. The cost of parking is $6.00 per MINI. The Baseball game tickets are $12.00 each. We have a_set amount of tickets and they are going quickly so please place your orders as soon as possible. No game tickets will be available from us on the day of the drive. To get tickets, you may reserve them by e-mailing ron@chicagominiclub.com . We will return e-mail you, same day, with confirmation and payment info. Payment will be cash or check.

Directions (from Chicago): From Knauz we'll take Route 41 north to 120. West on 120 to I94 North. I94 North to Milwaukee and the 894 West bypass. 894 West to 45 North. 45 North to National Ave, exit 2a. Keep left at ramp fork and turn left onto National ave (west). Turn right on Cleveland ave and go to 108th street (2 to 3 blocks). Turn right on 108th street. International will be a couple blocks down, on the right side at 2400 108th street.

Giveaways: Knauz MINI and International MINI will be raffling off prizes so come prepared for MINI trivia.

Things to bring: Tailgating is always a great time, and it's even more fun in a MINI. Pack your boot with all your picnic goodies. Food, drink, and a_mini charcoal grill to cook whatever you bring. Tailgating is an event. People typically cook everything from hot dogs to gourmet meals at Miller Park. Pack your mini folding chairs, or sit in the shade of your boot door. MINI drivers are always friendly, so you may find someone willing to share a grill. Miller Park has hot coal and tailgate trash disposal site everywhere on the parking areas.

You may also want to bring an FRS radio to communicate on the drive there. And of course don't forget to wear your best MINI apparel. Remember you will need $6.00 for parking and stadium cuisine can be rather expensive so make sure to bring plenty to eat for the tailgating. Of course the full line of Miller brewery and it's subsidiaries is
served in the stadium.

If all goes according to plan this could be one of the larger MINI events in the midwest this year.

For updates as the drive gets closer check here for more details:

Old 07-15-2003, 10:56 AM
ernesto
Coordinator :: Chicago MINI Motoring Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very cool.. This is looking to be a big event!

Old 07-16-2003, 09:00 PM
jeeves
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We only have about 30 reserved seat tickets left for the Baseball Rally. So if you want to be part of this event there is still time. Ticket inquiries and requests to ron@chicagominiclub.com.

Old 07-27-2003, 09:04 PM
jeeves
1st Gear
Having mostly sold thru our 2nd block ticket buy, we have only enough tickets left for 10 MINIs with a driver and navigator each. I f you are considering this drive/tailgate party/ baseball game please place your ticket order ASAP so we can wrap up ticket delivery by August 15th.
Tickets thru... ron@chicagominiclub.com
Ron Antrim
Event Coordinator
Chicago MINI Motoring Club

Old 07-31-2003, 10:16 PM
jeeves
1st Gear
Only 18 tickets left! Come drive and pre-game tailgate with us, then watch the Cubs take on the lowly Milwaukee Brewers at beautiful Miller Park.
Tickets are available thru me, ron@chicagominiclub.com.
For all you Milwaukee MINIs this would be a great chance to meet up with the MINIs from Chicago. The Milwaukee gathering point is at INTERNATIONAL MINI in West Allis. The Chicago MINIs will meet up with you there, then drive to Miller Park.

Old 08-01-2003, 10:41 AM
bbmykal
4th Gear
I have to be back in Chicago by afternoon, so I will be doing the Drive up with everyone, and then come back once the game starts.

See Everyone There!

Old 08-10-2003, 07:42 PM
jeeves
1st Gear
We are down to the last 7, Game seats. 45 MINIs driving together, and having a huge tailgate party pre-game. 93 MINI lovers cant be wrong. You still have a chance to join us.
For ticket reservations e-mail ron@chicagominiclub.com.

Old 08-11-2003, 10:08 AM
TwOMINIs
6th Gear
So how was it?. My wife and I would have loved to join you, but we had other plans. Any pictures to post?
How many people from WI joined in? ( we are in SE WI.)

His, Chile RED over, Madness intake, Magnaflow, Helix Pulley & RDR Swaybar
Hers, Electric Blue / Union Jack on top

Old 08-11-2003, 10:19 AM
Gabe
6th Gear
>>So how was it?. My wife and I would have loved to join you, but we had other plans. Any pictures to post?
>>How many people from WI joined in? ( we are in SE WI.)
>>
>>

Actually the event is September 7th so we're still a little less than a month away. If you can swing it I'd recommend emailing Ron [ron@chicagominiclub.com] ASAP because our last tickets are going quickly.

Old 08-11-2003, 10:28 AM
TwOMINIs
6th Gear
For some goof-ball reason I thought it was yesterday....oops....Perhaps we'll make it on Sept 7.

His, Chile RED over, Madness intake, Magnaflow, Helix Pulley & RDR Swaybar
Hers, Electric Blue / Union Jack on top

Old 09-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Gabe
6th Gear
Baseball Rally Details:

I wanted to remind everyone going to the baseball rally on Sunday of our schedule:

7:30am Gather at Knauz
8:00am Leave Knauz for Milwaukee
9:00am/9:30am Arrive at International MINI
10:15am Leave for the Stadium
10:30 to 12:30 MINI Tailgate Party
12:30pm/12:40pm Enter stadium for the game

It looks like we'll have giveaways from both Knauz MINI and International MINI at the event.

Remember it's much cheaper to bring your own food to grill (or simply ready to eat) before the game so feel free to bring a full assortment tailgating necessities.

See everyone there!