Milwaukee MINIs The Milwaukee MINIs Forum. Visit our club site at www.milwaukeeminis.com

Track days / lapping days

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 07:54 PM
mikesminicooper
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Track days / lapping days

Anyone have a list of Wisconsin Track days dates that minis are welcome to go to?

Or where to look for the summer, assuming not all of them are set up yet.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:40 PM
STLMINI
6th Gear
Is Chicago too far for you?

Old 03-08-2009, 09:23 PM
bluzeke
4th Gear
Old 03-09-2009, 05:34 AM
STLMINI
6th Gear
Check motorsportsreg.com and mvptracktime.com

Old 03-09-2009, 08:33 AM
cct1
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I live in Fond du Lac, so I can maybe give you a little help.

Join BMWCCA (BMWCCA uses Motorsportsreg for it's signups). It's forty bucks per year, and the monthly magazine alone is worth it. The track days are awesome through BMWCCA; it comes with instruction. And MINIs are very welcome with BMWCCA. It'll get you into Road America for a weekend, Blackhawk (In South Beloit, not a bad drive from Wisconsin, and a FANTASTIC track for the MINI), and Gingerman in Michigan. You can join the Wisconsin chapter and get a dual membership with the Chicago group if you're after more track days, but Badger Bimmers (the Wisconsin region of BMWCCA) is fantastic.

Like Mike said, MVP tracktime is also very, very good--that'll also get you into Blackhawk, Autobahn (great safe track), and Putnam, all within driving distance. MVP is very laid back with instructors if you want them. If you've never been on the track before, I'd strongly recommend doing at least one BMWCCA event before an MVP event; you'll have a much better idea of what is going on and what to expect, as well as a thorough knowledge of do's and dont's on the track. I split my time between the two--BMWCCA is more intense and focused on learning, MVP is, well, just plain fun, very well organized and well run. Both have their respective places.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:50 AM
STLMINI
6th Gear
I agree with cct1. The BMWCCA has a very good novice program. So does the PCA as well as ACNA (Audi). The PCA and BMWCCA have a reciprical agreement at least in St. Louis if not nationally so when you join the BMWCCA you can attend PCA track days too without joining.

The Audi Club requires membership... which I am since I've done a few of their track days.

Also, MVP Track Time is beefing up their instructor list and will have significantly more instructors available for anyone who needs one. You still won't have a dedicated instructor like you would at a club event but if you've done a couple club events and would like to try a MVP event, you can get a ridealong for a couple sessions to get you up to speed.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:52 PM
mikesminicooper
1st Gear
I'm in Oshkosh, so Chicago is not to bad if I could make a weekend out of it but MN is a bit of a haul.

I take it you guys all go to track days...

I have been auto-xing for 2 years and just want to get out on a reall track now... I don't have a mini S will it still be fun ??

Also do you guys drive your cars to the event? and If so do you change your tires there?

I do that now for Auto-x have no prob's with it... but not sure if tires are a big deal since its not for comp. but still would like the car to handle well.

What tires do you guys use for track days?

Thanks again for all the help

Old 05-08-2009, 04:29 AM
Feffman
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by STLMINI
Check motorsportsreg.com and mvptracktime.com
STLMINI, thanks for the kind words about MVP Track Time.

We are not only at Autobahn Country Club near Chicago, but at Blackhawk Farms in September. Hope to see you there!

Feff