MINI Camera and Video Interested in capturing your motoring experience? Discuss here your favorite video and photography skills using your MINI.

BULLETCAM ***Cleaner look

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Andaya
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BULLETCAM ***Cleaner look

Hey guys,

Installed my new Bullet Cam. Easy as 1-2-3. Clean look and no drilling required. I installed mine in the rear cargo flap, so I can leave there permanently. Please look at pictures below. Also, if your interested in the camera, please message me.

Sample Video:
http://intranet.sxpress.com/~jim/bul.../bulletcam.mov

Photo Gallery:
http://intranet.sxpress.com/~jim/bulletcam/

Old 06-11-2005, 09:19 PM
onasled
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
... why would you show a video of you missing a shift ... Funny ...

So, what do you plug these into? Can you do more then one and remote switch them?
Thanks for sharing ...

Old 06-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Dr Evil
2nd Gear
you plug it into a camcorder, although its better if you just use the camcorder to record cause the video of the bullet cam is not as good as the camcorder itself. I use the bulletcam to do shots from the outside, like right over the front fender or the rear fender.

Old 06-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by onasled
... why would you show a video of you missing a shift ... Funny ...

Can it be zoomed in?

Old 06-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Andaya
2nd Gear
Hee hee I did miss that shift, DOH! I admit it.

This can't zoom in, I don't think you can zoom in with any small cameras, unless you use your camcorder.

Yes, it's true I could of used my cam corder as the camera but it's too big and couldn't fiure out where it would sit. This way I'm using the cam corder as a recoder device, without removing the small camera out.
I simply disconnect it. That's it. And when I'm ready to record I just plug it back in.

Btw, i updated the video. hee hee
Andaya.

Originally Posted by RallyMINI

Can it be zoomed in?

Old 06-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Dr Evil
2nd Gear
Old 06-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Andaya
2nd Gear
ARRGgghhh

This is what I been looking for! I like it alot!
I actually like the suction cups ones.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by r13ater

Old 06-11-2005, 10:37 PM
Dr Evil
2nd Gear
yeah the suction cups work awesome.. Its amazing they stay on even at high speeds. like on the sun roof

Old 06-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Andaya
2nd Gear
This is sweet!
The only reason why i got the bullet cam was becuase I couldn't find anything that will attach to my existing cam corder.

This is it.

yeah the suction cups work awesome.. Its amazing they stay on even at high speeds. like on the sun roof

Old 06-11-2005, 11:21 PM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice job! Video looks good! I like that position.

Old 06-11-2005, 11:31 PM
Konky
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very nice

price?

Old 06-12-2005, 03:10 AM
kaelaria
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Big problem though - with so much of the interior in the frame, the camera auto white balance isn't adjusting for outside in most of the frames - it's all washed out.

Old 06-12-2005, 04:50 AM
MiniRiderBill
2nd Gear
Would that setup work with the vacucam set up ?

Old 06-12-2005, 09:00 AM
OctaneGuy
MiniRiderBill
Yep it would. If he got the deluxe setup, he could plug that rear camera right into the switcher and have multiple cameras.

I've actually got stuff in the works now to permit permanent wiring harnesses for the VacuCam so you won't have to pull wires all the time.

Kaelaria
I agree about the white balance issue, and wouldn't think this rear camera should be the primary camera. I think it's a good angle, and a good compromise from doing my bar in the passenger seat. Besides confusing the auto white balance, the exposure is also confused since it's exposing for the interior and not exterior.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Andaya
2nd Gear
Yes it's true...

Octaneguy is right about the wash out white balance, due to mainly the interior shot. I just went out this morning to test the rear view. This time it's only the rear view capture with no interior. Pretty amazing!

Btw, my window in the back is tinted so it is likely a little darker then usual.

Price if $85.00 for the camera.

Movie clip: Rear
http://intranet.sxpress.com/~jim/bulletcam/rearview.mov

Originally Posted by OctaneGuy
MiniRiderBill
Yep it would. If he got the deluxe setup, he could plug that rear camera right into the switcher and have multiple cameras.

I've actually got stuff in the works now to permit permanent wiring harnesses for the VacuCam so you won't have to pull wires all the time.

Kaelaria
I agree about the white balance issue, and wouldn't think this rear camera should be the primary camera. I think it's a good angle, and a good compromise from doing my bar in the passenger seat. Besides confusing the auto white balance, the exposure is also confused since it's exposing for the interior and not exterior.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:40 AM
OctaneGuy
Rear shot looks good (except for being crooked LOL)

Use your camcorder display screen and sit in the back seat to adjust the horizon of your camera. While it was hard to tell from the video, do you notice any bouncing?

My cargo lid bounces on bumps, which causes the whole camera to move ever so slightly when I tried this location. The window was much better because it was a solid mount, with no bounce. of course you really can't do it permanently there!

Old 06-12-2005, 09:52 AM
Andaya
2nd Gear
Yeah I have to straighten it out, just got it so I was testing eveything out first. No the camera doesn't bounce, what you see on the videos is the actual clip. I was also concern about the bounce but the camera has a stabilizer built in.

Rear shot looks good (except for being crooked LOL)

Use your camcorder display screen and sit in the back seat to adjust the horizon of your camera. While it was hard to tell from the video, do you notice any bouncing?

My cargo lid bounces on bumps, which causes the whole camera to move ever so slightly when I tried this location. The window was much better because it was a solid mount, with no bounce. of course you really can't do it permanently there!

Old 06-12-2005, 09:55 AM
YYC
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Andaya
Hey guys,

Installed my new Bullet Cam...
Andaya,

Why did you start this thread twice, using two different thread titles??

Makes following the thread really confusing!

Post Edited: to remove link to the thread that has now been merged into this thread.

Last edited by dave; 06-12-2005 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:58 AM
OctaneGuy
Thanks for pointing that out. I've asked the Admin to merge those threads as I only moderate the Camera/Video section.

Richard

Originally Posted by YYC
Andaya,

Why did you start this thread twice, using two different thread titles??

Makes following the thread really confusing!
Post Edited: to remove link to the thread that has now been merged into this thread.

Last edited by dave; 06-12-2005 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:01 AM
OctaneGuy
I highly doubt your bulletcam for $85 has any type of image stabilizer built in. (maybe you are confusing your video camcorder that is doing the recording?? But that is only through the lens and has no effect on a video camera plugged in) I mentioned the bounce because I seemed to see it in your video, but because the clip was small, it was hard to tell.

Of course it also depends on the surface you are driving on. I found it bouncy here on the 405 San Diego Freeway that is very bumpy in sections--where even your teeth chatter.

btw, I'm so jealous of your power outlet in the boot!!! My 2003 doesn't have that!

Yeah I have to straighten it out, just got it so I was testing eveything out first. No the camera doesn't bounce, what you see on the videos is the actual clip. I was also concern about the bounce but the camera has a stabilizer built in.

Old 06-12-2005, 10:08 AM
Andaya
2nd Gear
2003 doesn't have that feature? wow. Lucky me I guess.
I will test the camera on rough rough, no not 4 wheeling, to see if the camera shakes. But what kind of roads are we talking about? Unless you live in NYC lol We are in California. :P

I highly doubt your bulletcam for $85 has any type of image stabilizer built in. (maybe you are confusing your video camcorder that is doing the recording?? But that is only through the lens and has no effect on a video camera plugged in) I mentioned the bounce because I seemed to see it in your video, but because the clip was small, it was hard to tell.

Of course it also depends on the surface you are driving on. I found it bouncy here on the 405 San Diego Freeway that is very bumpy in sections--where even your teeth chatter.

btw, I'm so jealous of your power outlet in the boot!!! My 2003 doesn't have that!

Old 06-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Andaya
2nd Gear
Refresh I uploaded a larger clip so you can see the shake, if any.
Also, I wasn't confused about the stabilizer, the bullet camera is pretty steady when recording.

Movie:
http://intranet.sxpress.com/~jim/bul.../minidrive.mov

Old 06-12-2005, 10:41 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out. I've asked the Admin to merge those threads as I only moderate the Camera/Video section.

Richard
Thanks for the heads-up!

Threads Merged

Old 06-12-2005, 04:28 PM
OctaneGuy
I'm in California also--Los Angeles to be more specific. Check out the 405 North Freeway just south of the 10 Interchange--it's very bumpy there. Just because the camera is steady it doesn't mean there is any built in stabilization. Again, at $85 I highly doubt any exist. My cameras don't have any built in, but if you watch the video clips, they are rock steady, even over large bumps and thats because the entire car becomes a suspension mount that keeps everything smooth!

The technology for stabilization comes in 2 forms--either optical or electronic. At the price level of sub $100, neither of these are practical in either the form factor of a bullet cam or that price range. In any case, whether it has any built in or not really isn't the issue---if you're getting stable video, and you like the picture, that's what counts!!

So lets see a front mounted and side mounted camera too to make things even more interesting!

Richard

Refresh I uploaded a larger clip so you can see the shake, if any.
Also, I wasn't confused about the stabilizer, the bullet camera is pretty steady when recording.

Movie:
http://intranet.sxpress.com/~jim/bul.../minidrive.mov

Old 06-12-2005, 05:05 PM
markbradford
5th Gear
That's what I use for internal shooting as well.

Sample vid: http://homepage.mac.com/raudi77/iMovieTheater1.html