MINI Motoring Club of the Carolinas (M2C2) The MINI Motoring Club of the Carolinas forum. Visit our club site at www.m2c2.org

New here: Future Mini owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 08:59 AM
wannacooper
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wanted to say hello, and introduce myself. At the moment I don't own a Mini, but hope to in about a year or so. Not sure of the time frame, but I know the Cooper will be my next car. Currrently I drive a 99 VW New Beetle. I autocross the car with THSCC, and have seen quite a few Mini's at events. One that I remember is a Street Mod Cooper S. Man is that thing quick.

Well just wanted to say hey, and I lookl forwar dto future ownership.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:22 AM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
Welcome to the forum!!

Old 04-07-2004, 09:32 AM
MINI_Dreamer
3rd Gear
Hey Steve -- welcome to NAM! This place is really great for those that are just starting down the MINI path. I began piping up on here right before I ordered my MINI (after a considerable time spent lurking). I have learned so much!

As I wait for my MINI to start production and ( ) eventually arrive, this is the place I'll be to learn about what mods and accessories I should look into as soon as it's delivered!

phew -- more than I expected to type, but NAM is really great!

Old 04-07-2004, 11:35 AM
wannacooper
Neutral
Thanks for all the warm greeting. Sadly I have to wait to even place my order. Hopefully though the build time will be a bit shorter once I am ready to order. But once I do order I am sure the wait will be well worth it.

Old 04-08-2004, 08:49 AM
mininc
5th Gear
wannacooper

Welcome to NAM. I saw that you are from Apex,NC. We just had a drive and lunch there last weekend. You might want to contact mini03tiger84 as he lives in Apex. I think he is going to install a pulley on his MINI soon and my be a good chance to meet some local MINI owners.

Good Luck

Old 04-08-2004, 08:59 AM
wannacooper
Neutral
mininc,
I would have loved to seen a bunch of mini at one time in Apex. I bet it was quite a site. Where did you guys eat in the "Peak of Good Living"

As for mini03tiger84, does he own a yellow Cooper S. I think there is a person with either a yellow S, or normal Cooper living not too far from me.

Old 04-08-2004, 09:13 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 69 Likes on 66 Posts
wannacooper,

Aloha from Hawaii and welcome to NAM.

If you have questions then ask away.

Important stuff: Before you decide what options you want on a MINI you need to test drive the various MINIs-
Cooper with 5 speed
Cooper with CVT
MCS with 6 speed.

Then figure out which options or packages suit you.
If you like music then bring your favorite CD with you for the test drive and try the stock audio and Harmon Kardon upgrade out. It's noisier when driving so that will be a good test.

All of the MINIs are good but different. It's all fun but with varying amounts of power and traction.

Old 04-08-2004, 11:17 AM
mininc
5th Gear
>>mininc,
>>I would have loved to seen a bunch of mini at one time in Apex. I bet it was quite a site. Where did you guys eat in the "Peak of Good Living"
>>
>>As for mini03tiger84, does he own a yellow Cooper S. I think there is a person with either a yellow S, or normal Cooper living not too far from me.

WannaCooper

We eat at Sparks and met in the parking lot for the drive mini03tiger84 designed a fun 68 mile route starting and returning at Sparks.

Chris, mini3tiger84 lives near Sparks and has a yellow S with a black roof. Look him up he would be glad to talk MINIs with you.

WannaCooper, minihune has some great advice before you buy.

Old 04-08-2004, 11:24 AM
GreyStreet
3rd Gear
I've been stalking this board for a few months now and it seems like it has some pretty cool people aside from the ones with "My Cooper is faster than yours (my c*ck is bigger than yours)" kind of posts.

I'm still waiting to order my Cooper S, it's been 3 months now and I'm still on the damn wait list. How long can this list be???

Old 04-08-2004, 11:39 AM
wannacooper
Neutral
Mininc,
Wow I live right by Sparks. It is my neighborhood watering hole. A 68 mile drive sounds like it was a blast. I hope that I can run into mini03tiget84 soon. Hopefully he will see this thread.

minihune, thank you for the advice. As for which model I am getting, I have to get the CVT equipped Cooper. Not to get into a sob story, but I can't drive a manual do to a sports injury. Actually I know how, but it is quite painful if done on a regular basis.