MINI Motoring Club of the Carolinas (M2C2) The MINI Motoring Club of the Carolinas forum. Visit our club site at www.m2c2.org

Tweetsie Railroad Ghost Train- WITH PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Tweety's Mom
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tweetsie Railroad Ghost Train- WITH PICS!

Saturday, October 22
Be sure to pre-order your tickets NOW at 1-877-TWEETSIE or visit www.tweetsie.com. Due to the popularity of this annual event, advance tickets are required and many nights become sold out.

Here's the list of attendees
Eric (2)
Moorlockx (2)
Spy vs Spy (2)
Melindalou (2)
Dwayn & Sharon Rhymer (2)

*Number in ( ) = Number of people per car

TWEETSIE RAILROAD GHOST TRAIN® HALLOWEEN FESTIVAL

BLOWING ROCK, N.C. – The bewitching hour is upon Tweetsie Railroad during October where ghouls and haunts come out to play at the popular Ghost Train Halloween Festival. This spooktacular event, now in its 14th season, has become the number one Halloween celebration in the High Country of North Carolina. The Ghost Train Halloween Festival will wrap up Tweetsie Railroad’s 47th eason. Once again, engineer Casey Bones, will be calling all Trick-or-Treaters to take a ride on the Ghost Train with his ghostly crew. Visitors of all ages will experience Halloween fun while encountering scary characters and exploring frighteningly fun attractions.

Visitors can brave the Haunted House and discover spooky scenes and illusions, along with specially designed rooms guaranteed to both frighten and challenge the imagination. The Creepy Carnival offers rides for all ages while the Haunted Palace Saloon are tailored for younger children, and features Doc Tingle’s Black Light Musical Show.

While guests will be visiting trick-or-treat stations located throughout the park, they will not want to miss a visit to Mournful Mountain. On the mountain top setting, visitors can explore the 3-D Halloween maze and ride on the Tweetsie Twister. Adventurous guests can ascend Mournful Mountain on a chair lift ride through the night—but a bus is also available for scaredy cats.

The Ghost Train will run every Friday and Saturday night from October 1st through the 30th. The “bewitching hour” begins at 7:30 p.m. when gates open to brave guests. Admission is $20 for adults and children. Kids age 2 and under are admitted free. Tickets are now available for the Ghost Train Halloween Festival. Due to the popularity of this annual event, advance tickets are required and many nights become sold out.

The park will also be open in the daytime from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in October with its traditional Wild West theme, rides and shows. October is a busy time in the High Country, as the colors of the fall foliage in the Blue Ridge Mountains are at their peak. Visitors are encouraged to make their lodging reservations early.

Tweetsie Railroad is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains on US Highway 321 between Blowing Rock and Boone, North Carolina. For more information and Ghost Train Halloween Festival ticket purchases, call the toll-free direct ticket order line at 1-877-TWEETSIE or visit www.tweetsie.com.

Thank you Nancy and JL for this great suggestion!

Last edited by Tweety's Mom; 10-10-2005 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Show List of Attendee's
Old 09-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Trainman
5th Gear
sounds like fun!! [/font] [/size] .....

Old 09-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
Thanks for adjusting the date to avoid the Eurofest conflict. Now, I can plan on trying to attend this event.

Got any plans on everyone getting together for dinner before the train ride?

Old 09-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
Karen,

Since Boone is just north (45 miles) of Hickory, this may be something that our Chapter would like to get involved with. We are having a meeting Thursday night and I can bring it up then if you want me to. I don't know how much interest there might be at this point. If we get involved, the group could plan on meeting somewhere here in Hickory for dinner before the drive up the mountain or maybe somewhere in Blowing Rock. Chances are that restaurants up there will be very busy that time of year so Hickory or even Lenoir may be better choices. Let me know.

Eric

Old 09-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Black Powder
Neutral
Tweetsie Railroad Trip

Of course we are looking forward to going.

Old 09-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Tweety's Mom
3rd Gear
Folks from the Hickory Chapter seem very interested in getting involved in this and helping to make this a fun event for all. Eric says there is a great seafood restaurant called Key West Fish House just north of Hickory on hwy 321 that would be a great place for everyone to meet and head on up to Boone from there after dinner. The Hickory Chapter would be happy to make plans to do this if there is enough interest in this event. They might even plan a drive for Sunday as one of their members is from that area but the roads will likely be pretty crowded.

Boone, NC has the standard chain hotels. Eric said that the Hampton Inn is OK. There are a few nicer places but they of course cost more. There may even be a Hilton but he is not positive about that. In any event, hotel plans would have to be made pretty fast as fall is very busy up there.

Thanks Eric for stepping in and helping. I really appreciate you and your group!

Old 09-09-2005, 06:09 PM
debiw
3rd Gear
This sounds like fun. Keith and I are interested. The MINI went into production yesterday, so hopefully we would have it by then.

Cheers,
Debi

Old 09-13-2005, 07:19 AM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
I'm bumping this up to find out what interest there is in doing this. Everyone who might be interested in going needs to let us know ASAP. It looks like we're heard from 5 or 6 people so far. I think most of the Hickory Chapter folks are interested so that would take the number up to 10 to 12. Please post here or PM me. I need a good head count to make the dinner arrangements. Thanks!

Eric

Old 09-13-2005, 07:30 AM
TWISTER
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 09-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
Eric, put me + 1 on the list of attendees. Is the Hampton Inn going to be the preferred hotel? If it is, could you provide contact info for reservations?

Old 09-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Audioman
4th Gear
I'm game for this. Go ahead and put me on the list. Looks like we'll a frightenly good time.

Old 09-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Trainman
5th Gear
I'm interested but not certain right now.. :impatient Trainmama and I have a heavy schedule all ready for October, so I have to kinda keep things loose for now..

Old 09-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
Karen, would you be willing to start a sign up list in your first post? I will get the contact info. for the Hampton Inn.

Eric

Old 09-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Tweety's Mom
3rd Gear

Last edited by Tweety's Mom; 09-14-2005 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Never Mind!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:52 AM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
Hey, what about me!!! Add me +1. I will get other names to you from our Chapter who are interested.

Eric

Old 09-20-2005, 07:12 AM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
I am bumping this up to update everyone about the hotel situation. I called the Hampton Inn over the weekend and was told that they are already booked for 10/22. I will check on other hotels in Boone and Blowing Rock but if 10/22 is the peak leaf weekend, they may all be full.

I need a fairly firm count of the number of folks planning on staying overnight in Boone after the event so I will know how many rooms to ask for. Also, has anyone already called to get their tickets and/or do we know if there are still tickets available for that night? Thanks for any info. you can get to me.

Eric

Old 09-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
I just received my tickets in the mail. According to the Tweetsie website there's a fair number left. Sad news about the Hampton Inn being booked up. If nothing else, I may start back that night and just find a place on the road home to stop at, if I need to. After all, it is only about a 5 hour drive. Not like I haven't done that before.

Old 09-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
OK, here's the deal. I have reserved 10 rooms in my name (Eric Sipe) at the Quality Inn in Boone for 10/22. They are $117. At this point, beggers can not be choosers. There are a few rooms w/kings, a few w/doubles and a few smoking rooms. Once you have reserved a room, let me know. I will need to let them know ASAP if we won't need all of the rooms.

The number is 828-262-0020 and the lady I spoke with was Rose.

Don't forget to call and order your tickets as well. I will post more information about our meeting location in Hickory later.

Eric

Old 09-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
Eric, thanks for lining these up for us. Sadly, finances being what they are for me right now, I'm going to have to opt out of staying there. Talking to Crystal today, we'll probably just head out after the "party's" over.

Old 09-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Tweety's Mom
3rd Gear
Thank you Eric for lining up the hotel. Good Job

Sadly though, I will not be attending this event.

Old 09-21-2005, 05:11 AM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
Bob, I'm sorry to hear you won't be staying in Boone after the event. I hope you'll reconsider. I admit the cost of the room is a bit pricey but most of the hotels are charging premium rates for that weekend ranging from about $100-$150/night. Even the Super 8 was $120. We were lucky to get a block of rooms at all.

Karen, I'm also sorry to hear that you won't be attending. I'm still waiting to hear from the other folks who have signed up. I think a few of the Hickory Chapter members are planning on going as well but I've heard nothing definite from them either at this point.

Eric

Old 09-21-2005, 05:25 AM
Audioman
4th Gear
I'm still planning on coming. Staying... I'm not sure about.

Anyone want to share a room? I can reserve a NS Double. It will make that room cost more palatable. Post here or PM me and I will get the ball rolling.

I still need to pre-order my ticket.

Keith

Old 09-21-2005, 06:56 AM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
Thanks for letting us know Keith. I think the doubling-up idea is a good one. Hope you find a "taker". See you on Saturday.

Old 09-23-2005, 08:55 AM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
I'm bumping this up to let everyone know that I will be talking this event up at the Annual Meeting tomorrow and handing out information about the Ghost Train adventure. Look forward to seeing a lot of you at Hendrick's MINI tomorrow!

Eric

Old 09-27-2005, 07:04 AM
Eric'smini
4th Gear
Bump!! (don't want you guys to forget about this) :smile: :smile:

Quick Reply: Tweetsie Railroad Ghost Train- WITH PICS!