MINI Parts for Sale Search and shop for all your MINI parts here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

FS:: RMW Shorty Header (Vband) + JCW Cat Back system

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 04:42 PM
pglgp1292
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile RMW Shorty Header (Vband) + JCW Cat Back system

Category: Exterior
Price: $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (you may select multiples): R53
Location (Region): NorthWest
Item Condition: Used

Feeler: RMW shorty Header with V-band, plus JCW Cat-back exhaust with matching V-band flange and coupler.

Why: I want to purchase a new RMW Shorty header with the OEM Two bold flange (after the cat) so that I can use OEM and aftermarket exhausts without modifying them (to add a V-band flange). I also want to coat the header whilst it is new.

The items are on my car right now, so no photos just yet. But here's what the header looks like when new:

Pricing: Reasonable offer considered in the range of 50% off the new price.

Shipping: Probably best and easiest if you are local to avoid packaging and shipping expense. But if you really want these items then packaging and shipping is extra.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:43 PM
sabjcw
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paul, I'm very interested in the header. I have an 04 JCW, with JCW exhaust. I bought the car stock just a few months ago and have done most of the suspension and brake upgrades to this point.

I've been looking at the RMW. Would you be willing to ship to the DC area, obviously at my expense? Also, will this bolt directly up to my car or will I need to get additional parts for the install?

Old 11-17-2015, 05:18 AM
mishanja
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am interested as well. Unfortunately, I am not local either have similar question, does it bolt right up? If not, what kind of modification is required? Currently, I am running OEM header/cat with IE exhaust

Old 11-17-2015, 09:53 PM
pglgp1292
2nd Gear
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the tremendous response to my advert here. Sorry that it's taken me a while to respond to each PM this evening!

1. Regarding shipping, yes, I'm willing to package and ship it to the lower 48 states at the buyers expense.

2a. Regarding will it fit/bolt right up; As stated in the advert, this header uses a V-Band flange connector to attach to your cat-back exhaust. It will NOT bolt right up to an OEM exhaust as that uses a traditional two bolt flange. The V-Band is a trademark of Vibrant I think (?). It's a high performance clamp system that is far superior to the two bolt approach, it provides a more uniform clamping force and surface. Read about V-band connectors here: http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...Path=1022_1125. The V-band is actually why I'm selling, as I wish to be able to use aftermarket cat-backs that use the standard two bolt flange - I simply don't want to mess around with welding a V-band onto everything I use, and I'm a sort of stealth-stock type of guy!

2b. Regarding will it fit/bolt right up: Yes, if you purchase my header and my JCW cat back you will have the matching V-bands and it will all bolt right up to stock car just fine.

3. What else will I need to fit this to my car? If you are going the 2b route, then you'll just need the header to head gasket, which might need a bit of trimming as the RMW header is designed for the far larger ports of the RMW head. Plus some anti-seize and probably good practice to use a fresh set of studs and bolts on the header. Don't forget that you'll be removing and refitting both your OXS sensors, so have an OXS wrench handy.

4. Will this header throw an ECU code? Probably! I have limited experience here, my previous owner thought the engine code light was due to the high flow cat, I purchased a shroud/adapter that pulls the OXS sensor further out of the flow....BUT after I had my ECU reflashed and system reset (long story) turned out my engine code was due to #3 spark, so In my case I didn't really need the shroud thing. This shroud "thing" is not part of my sale here.

I hope this all helps?

Old 11-18-2015, 09:05 PM
Enjoytheride
1st Gear
JCW exhaust

How many miles on the JCW exhaust? Willing to ship it?

Also, you can by a fouler (O2 extension) that will remove the code it throws, $25 shipped and no codes period, but get it and add it when you add the header because that code can't be reset by the little auto parts store only the dealer and a true Bmw handheld... Trust me, learned it the hard way! I have the shorty and love it, noticeable improvement!!!

Old 11-19-2015, 09:14 PM
pglgp1292
2nd Gear
I'm not certain how many miles are on the JCW exhaust. Worst case it's original to the car and has 70K miles. But the mufflers, hangers and rubber mounting parts all look to be in super shape leading me to believe that it has been replaced and has far fewer miles. I'll post some photos this weekend.

Regarding the OXS sensor, see my comment in item 4 above.

Also, heads up that I've run into some vendor delays with the replacement parts that I'm seeking, so this remains a FEELER advert until I have a more accurate timeframe - i.e. We could be 5 - 6 weeks out before I'm in a position to pull these parts off the car and sell/ship. Sorry!

Old 11-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Enjoytheride
1st Gear
Well, I'm interested and willing to wait. PM. Me a price shipped to SC when you get a chance please. Thanks, danny

Old 11-23-2015, 12:38 PM
kayvon2015
Neutral
pm

Last edited by kayvon2015; 03-06-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:26 PM
DATBILLO
2nd Gear
I'm interested in the header. Pm me me price shipped to 19901. Business location

Old 11-25-2015, 05:52 PM
pglgp1292
2nd Gear
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the PM's etc. I've replied to all and called a few of you. It's been super to chat about R53 exhausts & headers!

I've decided to stay with the RMW Shorty for the time being - After talking to the folks over on the RMW forum, the V-Band is really the better solution and I now have found a pretty cool local machine shop that can cut/weld/prep the V-band flanges. I'll be ordering a new exhaust next month (funds permitting) and will have the JCW cat back available. I'll re-advertise at that time.

Happy Thanksgiving!