MINI Parts for Sale Search and shop for all your MINI parts here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

FS:: Leaking CSF radiator. FREE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 10:50 PM
Bwilliams
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leaking CSF radiator. FREE!

Category: Drivetrain
Price: $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (you may select multiples): R50, R52, R53
Location (Region): NorCal
Item Condition: Used

Free CSF radiator if anyone wants it. Bought it about a year ago and recently it started leaking at the joints between the fins and endtank. Got a new one under warranty and they didn't want the old one back. Figure I'd list it on here if someone wanted to try to fix it or something, otherwise I'll just throw it away. Located in Santa Cruz, CA. Local pick up only

Attached Thumbnails Leaking CSF radiator. FREE!-image.jpg   Leaking CSF radiator. FREE!-img_1368.jpg   Leaking CSF radiator. FREE!-img_1371.jpg  
Old 04-10-2017, 08:43 AM
itchynscratchy
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
man i was thinking about getting the CSF radiator until someone told me recently that it's prone to leaks. i'm going to go with the Mishimoto radiator and hope it doesn't have the same issue.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:53 AM
pfanara
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just had to replace the CSF radiator this past week due to it leaking within the first year of owning it.

Switched to Mishimoto and am hoping not to run into the same problem the CSF gave me. Also, for those considering the Mishimoto, it's thicker than the stock and CSF units by about a half inch, had to use zip ties on the top mounting points to keep it in place.

Bwilliams...I would recommend just disposing this thing at a scrap yard.

Old 04-10-2017, 11:24 AM
Bwilliams
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ya I'll probably throw it out, but I figured I'd check if anyone wanted it. I was considering buying the mishimoto but I saw a good deal on the csf so I got it instead. I probably should have gotten the mishimoto but oh well. Luckily the csf has a lifetime warranty so I'll just keep getting new ones till I can put aside enough money for the mishimoto.

Old 04-10-2017, 03:23 PM
tummi_gummi
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Way motor works screwed me into getting the shitty CSF radiator. I ordered the mishimoto and it was in stock on there site then he calls and says it would be a few weeks before he got it but that the CSF was just as good and cheaper. So I said okay. I seriously doubt he puts any of his parts he sells on a car. He just sells parts to make money. So many people have issues with CSF radiators on the mini. Mine lasted about 3 months.... Pissed away 300$.