FS 2006 MCS Checkmate - Space Blue

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 02:59 AM
gigabytewhite
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS 2006 MCS Checkmate - Space Blue

So, first, why am I selling? I LOVE this car...but: We bought it in January for me to use to commute to work, etc. Then in March, I end up in Iraq (where I am writing this from). I hate for it to sit there and it is not really practical for my wife to use (we have 2 kids...one in a car seat). As much as I hate making the "practical" decision, sometimes you have to as an adult. So.......

For Sale, one Space Blue Mini Cooper S with less than 5,000 miles. Located in South Mississippi.

It has the following:

Checkmate Pkg: includes Dynamic Stability Control; Checkmate Leather Steering Wheel; 17" Alloy Wheels; Flame Spoke Performance; Run-flat Tires; Roof and Mirror Caps in Silver; Silver Bonnet Stripes; Checkmate Graphics; Checkmate Dashboard; Front Fog Lamps; Xenon Headlights with Power wash

Cold Weather Pkg: includes Heated Washer Jets; Heated Mirrors; Heated Front Seats

Premium Pkg: includes Multifunction Steering Wheel with Cruise; Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof; Automatic Air Conditioning; On-Board Computer

Center Armrest

Harman-Kardon Sound System

I also added a boot box and a glove box organizer.

Sticker Price - $26,250.00

Asking: $24,900

Remember, the Checkmate Pkg is not on the config site anymore, so if you were/are looking for one, this is one just barely broken in for less than you could get at the dealer.

Again, I really hate to sell it and truly hope to buy another sometime in the future. I had truly planed on keeping this and giving it to my daughter in 5 years, but it just does not fit into what my family needs right now. Hard decision, but one I had to make.

If you are interested, e-mail me at darren@southernfamily.org or give me a call at 228-596-3164. If you call, give me a day or so to respond. Being in Iraq it takes some time to get / return my calls. E-mail should be answered pretty quick, but just remember the time difference (9 hours ahead of central). Serious inquires and buyers will be able to see the car in Gulfport, MS. I will get some pictures posted within the next few days (waiting on my wife to take them).

If you want to make an offer, go ahead but please understand…I would rather keep it and deal with it not being right for the family than give it away. A dealer (non-mini) offered me $21k for it….I still have it.

Thanks,
Darren White

Old 08-01-2006, 02:59 AM
gigabytewhite
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks to those who expressed an interest in the car. It is now sold and yes, it sold to a person that contacted me from this post.

Thanks again,
Darren

Old 08-01-2006, 08:25 PM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Darren:

Best wished to you and your family while you're stationed in Iraq. Stay safe!