MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: 2003 JCW Mini Cooper S - Mechanic Special

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 10:43 AM
Chautauquasun
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 JCW Mini Cooper S - Mechanic Special

Year: 2003
Make: MINI
Model: Hardtop
Price: $3500
Mileage: 115000
Color: Electric Blue
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast

Mechanics special. For sale is a 2003 John Cooper Works Mini Cooper S. This car is in excellent condition except for the motor. This car has the S package and includes halogen headlights, leather interior, Harman Kardon stereo system, pw, pl, power sunroof and moon roof, cruise, air.

It was run with low oil and now has a bad crankshaft bearing. The engine does run but has a bad knock. This car is somewhat rare in that it is the first year for the dealer installed John Cooper Works package with the larger JCW supercharger and performance package which was a $5,000 package new. I have looked on ebay and have found Mini Cooper S engines for sale ranging from $999.000 to $1649 depending on the mileage and condition. With a motor swap you could be in this car less than book value even if you had a mechanic install the engine for you.

Looking at the book value for this car in good shape, it ranges from $6,185-$6,850. The higher value is due to the JCW and S packages. This car is in fantastic shape. The paint is very good with some minor dents and the leather interior has no rips, tears or scuffs. Before the bearing went bad I replaced all of engine seals, belt tensioner, power steering pump, harmonic balancer, radiator and lines and new coil pack.

I have considered doing this job myself but my son is off to college and I currently do not have the time nor the money to take on another project. So my loss is your gain. I also have a set of brand new snow tires on 15 inch rims that fit that I can sell with the car or separately. I am open to offers but know what the car is worth and what it will take to make it road worthy again. This is a fun little car that needs a new home. I can send more pictures of the car if interested.

Attached Thumbnails 2003 JCW Mini Cooper S - Mechanic Special-jcwminicooper.jpg  
Old 08-24-2016, 07:57 PM
Chautauquasun
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sold!!!! Sold!!! Sold!!!!