MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: 02 R53 JCW lots of extras FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Mini-pit
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 R53 JCW lots of extras FOR SALE

Year: 2002
Make: MINI
Model: Coupe
Price: $7500
Mileage: 125000
Color: red and white
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern

For sale is a 2002 R53 JCW edition mini cooper s. This car currently has just north of 123k on it (semi-daily so miles will go up some) and ive owned it since 114k which has been something close to two years. I have performed a ton of maintenance on the car, and I bought it in the first place because of existing mods already done on the car. To that end what follows is a list of everything ive done to the car since ive owned it and mods performed by previous owners. If it matters to you, I am owner four, and I have paperwork going back to the original Florida owner. Please go through the lists below, look at the pictures and if you think this is the car for you send me a message to straightshot15@yahoo.com. I am regularly near Toledo ohio and Dayton ohio and everywhere between. Lets set up a meeting and get you set up with your new mini!

Existing modifications

-12" wilwood big brake kit in front
-Megan racing coilovers with koni springs
-oversized sway bars front 26mm rear 21mm
-adjustable rear control arms
-unknown cold air kit
-aluminum strut tower reinforcement bar (from mount to mount across engine bay)
-JCW kit (blue injectors 210bhp kit) with JCW exhaust, supercharger, tune/ecu, and all the go-fast badges
-undersized pulley (believed to be 16%, maker is marked on pulley but I havent invested much time in attempting to track down the exact part to confirm)
-Breyton 18" gtsr hypersilver rims. One was gacked and replaced, I still have it and it could be repairable if that is something you want to mess with. Also have a non matching 18" spare with tire. Car had new tires put on at 117k

Maintenance and performance parts installed during my ownership

-new clutch at 118k
-new face for the Fidanza lightweight flywheel
-transmission rebuilt with new seals and bearings (redline fluid)
-water pump
-timing chain tensioner (@120k)
-cam was inspected at 119k and two intake lifters were replace due to cracked plastic retainer rings holding the spacers in place. (they werent shattered or missing any plastic, but were loose and I didnt want to risk it for $30 a lifter, the cam and all other lifters were in good shape)
-thermostat, housing, gaskets, etc
-crank position sensor o-ring
-oil changed in supercharger (GM fluid)
-alternator
-plugs and wires (NGK)
-coil pack (MSD)
-megan racing stainless header (02 sensor wires extended)
NOTE the car is catless and running slightly rich so it will not pass inspection if that is something your state/area requires. Car has been catless since ive owned it but had a cheap OBX header that cracked recently. The Megan unit is extremely nice for what it is, nice thick gauge stainless and good quality welds
-entire front suspension
-inner and outer ball joints (powerflex)
-inner and out tie rods
-control arm bushings (powerflex)
-sway bar endlinks (powerflex)
-strut tower mounts (bilstien)
-strut tower defenders (cravenspeed)
-front abs sensors (genuine mini)
-front and rear brakes (new standard wilwood rotors and pads up front 12.19"x.81" rotor) (standard rotor with ebc green pads in rear)
-NOT INSTALLED Detroit tuned BOV
-new headliner installed (custom pattern see pics)
-driver and passenger window regulators
-hatch release cable, switch, actuator

Regular maintenance consists of 0w40 euro blend oil every 3k, fuel filter was changed 5k ago, tranny fluid was changed after rebuild (118k ish) and again at 119.5k. The car does have a little blow-by and the oil tends to get dark by 1500k which is why I change the oil sooner than I probably need to. It tends to lose about 3/4 of a quart between changes (again 3/4 of a quart in 3000 miles), which seems acceptable to me for an older car of european decent.

This car will also come with a scan tool, the old coil pack assuming I can locate it (some people are anti msd...), the Detroit tuned BOV, original front grill, and the Bentley manual plus anything else Mini related that Im not remembering at the moment.

Also, this car has resistor mods in place of the MAT sensors for the airbag system. What this means is that if you are in an accident, regardless of passenger occupancy the driver and passenger airbags will go off. This is really only important if you have a child riding with you that could potentially be harmed by the bag going off, as the airbag wont see low weight and turn off.

These resistor have been soldered in and shrink wrapped in line behind the existing connectors so if you ever want to fix the Mat sensors or replace the seats with stock ones from another car, all you have to do is clip the resistors off and plug the plugs back in. This is a very common mod on the early cars, especially when aftermarket seats are installed.

Thank you very much for looking, and please message or email with any questions!

Attached Thumbnails 02 R53 JCW lots of extras FOR SALE-20160813_154436.jpg   02 R53 JCW lots of extras FOR SALE-20160813_154507.jpg   02 R53 JCW lots of extras FOR SALE-20160813_154627_hdr.jpg   02 R53 JCW lots of extras FOR SALE-20160821_165733-1.jpg   02 R53 JCW lots of extras FOR SALE-20160821_165742-1.jpg  

02 R53 JCW lots of extras FOR SALE-20160821_165757-1.jpg   02 R53 JCW lots of extras FOR SALE-20160821_165810-1-1.jpg