MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: 2005 Mini Cooper S / 6-Speed / 90k Miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 06:35 PM
da3dalus
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 Mini Cooper S / 6-Speed / 90k Miles

Year: 2005
Make: MINI
Model: Hardtop
Price: $6995
Mileage: 90400
Color: Chili Red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern

Up for sale is my 2005 Mini Cooper S. This car is Chili Red with a white hardtop and front bonnet stripes. The car is a 2-door hatchback with grey leatherette interior and a 6-speed manual transmission. I just took delivery of a new JCW Cooper S on Saturday so this Mini is up for grabs.

Drives great, runs flawlessly, transmission and clutch in good condition. If you know anything about the first gen R53 Mini's the 2005/2006 model years were the only ones to get as they were substantially better built than the original cars. Additionally the 2005 featured a revised ECU program that increased horsepower as well as adding a overrun feature that pops and cracks the exhaust on deceleration. They also used a revised Getrag 6-speed that was substantially more robust and smooth to operate.

This car is nicely optioned:
- Combo #3 Cold Weather Package
-- Heated seats
-- Heated washer jets
-- Heated Mirrors
- Combo #2 Sport Package
-- Dynamic Stability Control
-- Fog Lamps
-- HID Headlights with washers
-- 17" Alloy Wheels
- Cruise Control
- Automatic A/C
- Chrono Package (separate tach and speedo at steering wheel, oil pressure and temp gauges, water temp gauge)
- Standard AM/FM/CD player with Line-in for your phone/MP3
- "Chrome line" interior and exterior
- Rubber MINI floor mats

Modifications:
- Clear bra
- Craven Speed Shock Tower Defenders to protect the strut towers on these fine Nebraska roads!
- Urethane engine mount because the stock hydraulic one always fails and leaks eventually -- installed by Detroit Tuned.
- Zimmerman cross-drilled front brake rotors
- EBC red stuff brake pads (much less brake dust than stock and great performance)

In addition to those options i've added a polyurethane engine mount which removes sloppiness in the transmission and replaces the factory hydraulic mount that tends to fail every 40k miles. I also have installed "strut defenders" which are metal plates bolted to the top of the shock absorber mounts in the engine bay. R53's are known to be affected by suspension mounts that tend to bend in cars used in rough road areas over time. These plates reinforce those areas and keep the handling and chassis intact and strong.

This specific car has been owned by me for the past 3 years. The car is driven primarily in winter time as my other cars go into storage during that time. The car gets around 3-4k miles per year on it. The Mini is well cared for and doesn't have the door dings, dents, and scratches normally associated with cars of this year. Mileage is well below the average for a 2005 and the car is paint corrected and sealed with AMMO products exclusively so it really shines and looks new.

Clean title in hand. No accidents. Clean carfax. No paintwork.

Not included with the sale (but available for an additional cost) are some winter wheels/tires currently fitted to the car. This car is an absolute tank with snow tires on it and will get you places 4x4's can't even go.

Last edited by da3dalus; 02-05-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:28 PM
fayth22
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are u located

Old 04-15-2017, 08:27 AM
da3dalus
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry decided to keep the car guys. No longer for sale.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:55 AM
CRC
6th Gear
Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by da3dalus
Sorry decided to keep the car guys. No longer for sale.

Yeah. Can't ever imagine selling an R53 that looks like yours does. I thought that mine was pampered until I saw your listing.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:24 PM
ChiR52
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So you're selling the Bimmer instead. Good choice.