MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: Good Deals on CL

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2020, 09:50 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
Received 458 Likes on 339 Posts

Year: 2006
Make: MINI
Model: Hardtop
Price: $1
Mileage: 100
Color: red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern

Originally Posted by krawzdogg
Yes I’m definitely looking everywhere and have multiple people looking for me. Also willing to pay the “I don’t want to sell it price” for the right car.
Sounds like you need to get access to the rmv database, and do a little detective work lol. If I had a little time in mine (30miles in 2 months) now it goes into storage, I’d probably throw you the “I don’t want to sell it” price...but then I’d probably chicken out.

Old 12-06-2020, 10:05 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
Old 12-06-2020, 10:15 PM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts
Almost. I remember when that GP came up for sale the first time since it was only a few miles from me. My friend who works at the dealership knew the seller and told me to pass. I then remember when the second owner put it up for sale last summer for ($16.5k) about an hour away from me and sold it on NAM. The 3rd owner only had it for a few months. I passed on it due to condition/maintenance.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...006-631-a.html

Last edited by krawzdogg; 12-06-2020 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:53 PM
WGJP
3rd Gear
Received 91 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by mountainhorse
In all the MINI-Hunters heads on here... (me included)
@mountainhorse you forgot one feature -- 26,000 ALL highway miles. It kills me when people list a high mileage car as "153,000 ALL highway miles" - never mind that they are the 4th owner and of course they know for certain that the first three owners towed the car to the freeway each time before driving.

Haha...where is that car you described located? 😉
Have you not tried either of these? One of these MUST be the coveted hiding place
https://www.jcmini.ca/facility/
https://www.coopersminiwarehouses.com/

The following users liked this post:
mountainhorse (12-07-2020)
Old 12-07-2020, 05:02 AM
Oldboy Speedwell
6th Gear
Received 738 Likes on 522 Posts
Its a $5.5k car though .

Maybe the buyer of the CR '06 JCW on BAT is a wealthy gal that chain-smokes in her car... and looks at the diminutive ride as a cute car to park in the city and not worry about dents or scratches with her bargain purchase. ... Don't worry ... she does the same thing in her $150,000 Rover... Ha.

I doubt that anyone on this 'bargain' thread is the one that bought that car, or others in that price range... the elusive barn find in a suburban garage is what were after
kgh

Ya did it ... ya found it... from your Butcher's friend who never is on the web, only uses his Jitterbug phone for talking to people.

$5500 USD... But you talked him down to $5000 and he threw in a fresh tank of gas and full synthetic oil change for your drive home 30 minutes away. You got a original-owner, covered, HVAC-Garage kept, 2006 Factory JCW, 26,000 miles, 6 speed, JCW suspension, JCW R95 wheels with brand new Michelin 4S tires and MINI-dealer installed Pads/rotors all around and a genuine-BMW AGM installed just one month ago (Just because he wanted it to be safe for the new owner) , JCW steering wheel, JCW Carbon fiber 3-piece dash/uprights , CF scoop, CF boot handle, CF mirrors, CF **** and handle, heated English leather interior (he's conditoned it 2x/yr with the full leatherique treatment since new) with anthracite headliner, slick-top, Aero Package, Chrono package, HK stereo, JCW strut brace, JCW shift light, driving lights, bonnet stripes. Driven only in June/July/Aug... on sunny days and fresh tarmac...by a smartly dressed, 65 year old 170lb driving-safety-instructor with a perfumed maiden in the passenger seat. No pets, no smoking, no food or drink ever (no cup holder to swing and turn on the auto climate control)

Dealer maintained every 6 months and all updates done with no leaks, all three keys on JCW key chains, all documents, JCW-Engine-Certificate, window sticker Stored on Jackstands from sept 1 through May 31. Freshly detailed and Ceramic coated with PPF and all stone chips repaired on the front just before the sale (again, just because he wanted it right for the new owner) ...
but none of those garish checkered accents

Thats what you guys are looking for here...Right??

LOL

This cracked me up!

Funny stuff

The search can be intensely frustrating indeed.

In my case I wasn't too particular about mileage, but I was dead set on trying to find a non-sunroof slicktop which made the number of available choices go way down.

Finally found one which happened to be a 2006 JCW, so the patience paid off.

Took me 8 months on the search and as a result I wore this thread out LOL still love looking though and this is one of my fave threads on NAM just because it's fun to keep up with what's out there at the moment.

Old 12-07-2020, 06:00 AM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
100k more miles than I am looking for but for the price somebody might be interested in this JCW.

Old 12-07-2020, 08:04 PM
WGJP
3rd Gear
And another 2006 JCW (labeled as a GP )

Looks stock... Looks like clearcoat issues but may be photo.
130k-mile, Oregon.

$6k Ask.

Webspokes are some sexy wheels on these cars !!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6870542684871/

Price on this has been lowered to $5,200 now.
Definitely looks like clearcoat issues on driver's door and hood based on pics.

Old 12-07-2020, 08:29 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
Track ready 06 just listed on BAT
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...i-cooper-s-45/

Old 12-08-2020, 05:44 AM
Oldboy Speedwell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jonny
Looks like a well-built car.

Despite all the cool tech feature stuff I could ramble about, I'm gonna praise their choice of traditional British Racing Green because it is such a beautiful color!

I think the best BRG MINI has ever done is the Connaught Green on the WC50, but otherwise all the metallic variants don't really crank my motor.

A while back I stumbled on a thread by a NAM'r named Finhead who did a spectacular restoration & refinish on his R53 and chose to go with the proper historic form of BRG, seeing the BaT racecar made me remember it so I went and read the whole thing again, it's a great thread and full of sweet eye candy too...

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...n-the-r53.html

...slight swerve offtopic,
my apologies!

The following 4 users liked this post by Oldboy Speedwell:
Chamberlin1 (12-08-2020), Eurothrasher (12-09-2020), mountainhorse (12-08-2020), WGJP (12-08-2020)
Old 12-08-2020, 06:19 AM
AeroJammin
5th Gear
Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by WGJP
"Bring $450 cash for test drive..."
I guess I don't quite follow the logic of sell it for $2500 and needing a $450 key, with the promise of all this work recently done... OR buy the damn key and sell it for $3,000+ and let the buyer see all of these things in action.

Like you said, there's probably more to this story behind the (purple) smoke screen. Could be, though, that seller just can afford the $450 now and needs to be done with it.
Let us know what your friend/buyer finds out.

so from what I understand, he doesn’t have the money for another key, even if a replacement jet is actually $200 and not $450.

So the issue is that MINI requires proof of ownership to make you a key. So I’d have to go through the title process before I could try to start the car*.

the big * is the engine swap. Not knowing how that was done makes me wary of this deal and I told my acquaintance (local MINI group member) that my biggest concern is that someone messed up the engine swap and that something with the ECU/BCM/ignition/etc has been badly or incorrectly done. So you’d want to pull that hardware to make sure the VIN matches the car or a new key (made by VIN) may not even work.

my recommendation was that either part with $200 (to give him) as an expensive “PPI” to make sure the car unlocks and starts/runs. Or strike a deal for non-running price and go through the process of getting a key for what is now your “car”.

as for his financial situation, my assumption is that he lives at the marina aka lives on a boat docked at the marina (maybe) or on a boat anchored near the marina (likely). There are a lot of people down here who save on living costs by living aboard boats and marinas are their effective addresses.

WGJP (12-08-2020)
Old 12-08-2020, 06:44 AM
Oldboy Speedwell
6th Gear
Good Deals on CL-ovqioa5.png

Sorry,
could not resist!

The following 3 users liked this post by Oldboy Speedwell:
BRG56 (12-08-2020), mountainhorse (12-08-2020), WGJP (12-08-2020)
Old 12-08-2020, 09:57 AM
WGJP
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by AeroJammin
my recommendation was that either part with $200 (to give him) as an expensive “PPI” to make sure the car unlocks and starts/runs.
This is exactly what I was thinking before I got to your sentence...

If he's seriously interested, it would be worth the $200 gamble now to find out and potentially save a lot of headaches in the future for a small investment.

He could easily write up some agreement to provide the $200 "deposit" on purchase of the car for $X provided it meets certain criteria once started. I'd want an agreement so that you don't give the $200 for the key and then the guy turns around and says he's not going to sell it now. Not that an agreement guarantees anything, but better than nothing in writing.

Old 12-08-2020, 05:56 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
06 JCW BRG 113k miles $3995 low water flood repairable

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...paign=atempest

Old 12-08-2020, 09:30 PM
mountainhorse
6th Gear
Received 316 Likes on 231 Posts
I agree...

If it cant be started..... Its a 'project' car.
IMO... It doesn't matter if it is because of a rod through the block or the key is missing... the owner cant verify it actually works.

Old 12-08-2020, 09:31 PM
mountainhorse
6th Gear
Received 316 Likes on 231 Posts
Who on here contacted the R52 owner... Thoughts?

Old 12-08-2020, 09:35 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
Let’s face it, it doesn’t take much damage to total these MINIs out. This link is to somewhat of a salvage yard, they have the JCW posted above, along with 4-5 other repairable r53s and more, this link is their vehicle locater page, they would probably use a national database, might help some locate a deal on a MINI. easier than searching yourself, I’ve been lost on these databases myself.

https://www.ecoastauto.com/Locate

Old 12-09-2020, 06:02 AM
Oldboy Speedwell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jonny
Let’s face it, it doesn’t take much damage to total these MINIs out. This link is to somewhat of a salvage yard, they have the JCW posted above, along with 4-5 other repairable r53s and more, this link is their vehicle locater page, they would probably use a national database, might help some locate a deal on a MINI. easier than searching yourself, I’ve been lost on these databases myself.

https://www.ecoastauto.com/Locate
I also get lost on those databases --- I like looking to see the various crash damage because that is an interesting aspect to me, and I also like looking to find various mods or rare factory parts.

Usually just browse this one:

https://erepairables.com/salvage-car...on/mini/cooper

Good pictures and easy to find by state.

I've often dreamed of having my own personal junkyard of R53's but in reality I lack the space and don't even own an appropriate towing vehicle so that ain't ever gonna happen.

I'd like to see the results of completed insurance auctions and how much a car sold for, any of those sites have that filter option?

All the fees involved with those auctions seem to add up to big $$$ in the end.

Like when all is said and done, how much will this one end up costing:

https://erepairables.com/salvage-car...r/vid-44905108

Also,
what are some other similar sites to browse?

Old 12-09-2020, 06:11 AM
JackMac
6th Gear
Received 310 Likes on 222 Posts
I’m all for saving R53s to keep them on the road, but that pepper white JCW has 141k miles and will never be financially viable given the amount of body damage and missing parts.

Old 12-09-2020, 06:18 AM
Oldboy Speedwell
6th Gear
Just spotted this ad with a rather strange set of photos...

2004 JCW
mileage not stated
$6,000

https://austin.craigslist.org/pts/d/...244008825.html

:

Good Deals on CL-rlhdi1n.jpg
Good Deals on CL-9jbaif2.jpg
Good Deals on CL-fnfbod3.jpg
Good Deals on CL-iq8qd0o.jpg
Good Deals on CL-ihslifh.jpg
Good Deals on CL-chrx3dg.jpg
Good Deals on CL-pjygf0l.jpg

:
:

What's the electrical stuff in the lower right hand corner?

Good Deals on CL-psjjmft.jpg

And,
wuzzup wid dat block 'o wood proppin door open?

Good Deals on CL-dkrl2e3.jpg

Last edited by Oldboy Speedwell; 12-09-2020 at 06:25 AM.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:56 AM
Oldboy Speedwell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JackMac
I’m all for saving R53s to keep them on the road, but that pepper white JCW has 141k miles and will never be financially viable given the amount of body damage and missing parts.
I was thinking of it more along the lines of buying it as a parts car if it could be had cheap enough, just to have the spares available.

Or like in some cases finding a car with rare factory parts,
this one appears to have all the JCW carbon interior bits:

Good Deals on CL-gmtcjca.png

And, is that a JCW steering wheel too?

It also has full aero exterior but only the sideskirts are undamaged:

https://www.iaai.com/vehicledetails/...71?RowNumber=2

I'd love to buy that car if cheap enough, but I'm only dreaming because even if I rented a U-Haul w/ trailer I'd have to travel to Colorado to pick it up, and after all that it'd just be too much money.

Old 12-09-2020, 11:44 AM
RB-MINI
6th Gear
Received 507 Likes on 419 Posts
Originally Posted by Oldboy Speedwell

What's the electrical stuff in the lower right hand corner?

The electronics are the wiring and resistor for the DIY low speed fan resistor repair.

Originally Posted by Oldboy Speedwell
I was thinking of it more along the lines of buying it as a parts car if it could be had cheap enough, just to have the spares available.

Or like in some cases finding a car with rare factory parts,
this one appears to have all the JCW carbon interior bits:

And, is that a JCW steering wheel too?

It also has full aero exterior but only the sideskirts are undamaged:

https://www.iaai.com/vehicledetails/...71?RowNumber=2

I'd love to buy that car if cheap enough, but I'm only dreaming because even if I rented a U-Haul w/ trailer I'd have to travel to Colorado to pick it up, and after all that it'd just be too much money.
That would be a great source of JCW carbon parts and Alcantara wheel.

Old 12-09-2020, 11:57 AM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Every time I get an email for a new post on this thread, I get excited. After months and months of searching, maybe it’s the car?! Then I immediately get frustrated after seeing cars like this. If you can’t even fix the tint on the rear window....I doubt you did any maintenance lol. I don’t even want to bring up the 2x4.....

Eurothrasher (12-09-2020)
Old 12-09-2020, 12:04 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
Every time I get an email for a new post on this thread, I get excited. After months and months of searching, maybe it’s the car?! Then I immediately get frustrated after seeing cars like this. If you can’t even fix the tint on the rear window....I doubt you did any maintenance lol. I don’t even want to bring up the 2x4.....

We’re trying for ya buddy! Good things come to those who wait...most of the time.

Old 12-09-2020, 01:02 PM
BoostedBlueToyotas
3rd Gear
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Ugh, you guys found the rebuildable JCW in Bedford. I have been eyeballing that thing for days. Its 4 hours away but my driveway is full of MINI's and I have a ongoing project in the garage. If I had a place to put it I would buy it for a parts car at least. I may call and see what its problem is. Since it isnt listed as a lot driver I assume it doesnt start.

Old 12-09-2020, 05:16 PM
AeroJammin
5th Gear
Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by RB-MINI

That would be a great source of JCW carbon parts and Alcantara wheel.
this car has already been purchased by a guy who owns a MINI parts business. He told me it has the CF dash, down tubes, steering wheel inserts, cup holder rings, shifter ring, shift ****, and ebrake handle in addition to that JCW wheel. It was an amazing find.

Quick Reply: FS:: Good Deals on CL