MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: Good Deals on CL

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 09:51 AM
Jonny
5th Gear
Received 458 Likes on 339 Posts

Year: 2006
Make: MINI
Model: Hardtop
Price: $1
Mileage: 100
Color: red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern

06 R52 JCW 22k miles nice $15k
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/li...are_attachment

Old 02-19-2021, 02:29 PM
BoostedBlueToyotas
3rd Gear
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Sent a message on the low mileage R52. Looks like its time to sell my LOTSC

The following users liked this post:
Jonny (02-19-2021)
Old 02-19-2021, 03:28 PM
greystone
3rd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonny
Funny I sent him the link for that JCW, he scooped it right up, was thinking of keeping it, but I guess he opted to sell, hopefully finds a good home, maybe it gets to 11-$12k
Do you recall what the car was selling for previously? BAT ended at $9900 ($10400 with fees) which seems like a good (not great) price to me, maybe I'm out of touch.

Old 02-19-2021, 03:34 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
I think krawzdog found that listed for like $16k, spoke to the owner who supposedly would take $12.5
So selling for $9900 on BAT would’ve been a substantial loss. I don’t think the comments there regarding a flurry of suspicious bidding from new members helped. Kinda stopped it dead in it’s tracks. Not really sure what happened there, but someone got a pretty good deal. I think Geneva also needs to find a better place to take pics, that main pic was terrible, did the car no justice.

greystone (02-19-2021)
Old 02-19-2021, 06:18 PM
JackMac
6th Gear
Received 310 Likes on 222 Posts
2006 Royal Grey JCW Slicktop, matching roof, 65k miles, Chrono, H/K, full set of toggles, one family since new

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/2261324c

With the right wheels and an aero kit, it could look amazing ...

Last edited by JackMac; 02-19-2021 at 06:31 PM.
Chamberlin1 (02-19-2021)
Old 02-19-2021, 06:28 PM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts
I think krawzdog found that listed for like $16k, spoke to the owner who supposedly would take $12.5
So selling for $9900 on BAT would’ve been a substantial loss. I don’t think the comments there regarding a flurry of suspicious bidding from new members helped. Kinda stopped it dead in it’s tracks. Not really sure what happened there, but someone got a pretty good deal. I think Geneva also needs to find a better place to take pics, that main pic was terrible, did the car no justice.
Good memory. I think I was the first one to call on it when it was listed for sale in Florida. I passed in it for a few reasons. The seller wouldn’t go lower than $12.5k so I’m sure Geneva took a substantial loss. It’s obviously worth more than $9900. Not really sure why the bidding didn’t continue but it could be because of the comments. I’m always suspicious about comments and bids on BaT.

Old 02-19-2021, 06:29 PM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Would make a slick low mile coffin.
Haha. Not going to lie...I’ve thought about doing this . Of course I don’t want the car to get dirty so maybe a steel case can be built lol.

Old 02-19-2021, 06:40 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
Originally Posted by krawzdogg
Haha. Not going to lie...I’ve thought about doing this . Of course I don’t want the car to get dirty so maybe a steel case can be built lol.
And lots of these

Attached Thumbnails Good Deals on CL-13dcd113-a5a9-4e31-b4b6-4ed17d478beb.jpeg  
Old 02-19-2021, 06:41 PM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Originally Posted by WGJP
Sounds like a nice find! Any pics/specs/mileage of the car you found -- especially showing those coveted seats?
I’m pretty excited about it. I talked with Jackmac about it and he kind of convinced me to buy it. I think his words were “when’s the last time you’ve seen one?”. My response, “never”. It’s a one owner 2013 JCW with 49k miles. It’s not perfect and will need a little work to bring it up to my standards but I couldn’t pass it up for the price. The only downside was shipping. Cost me just under $2000 from Spokane to Charlotte. The weather lately around the country definitely didn’t help the cost or shipping time. I purchased it almost 3 weeks ago and I should hopefully have it Sunday or Monday. I’m definitely glad I live in Charlotte though, the weather has been great lol. The only pics I have are from the dealer so when it arrives I’ll take some better ones. I’m thinking about making a build thread since I’m going to be spending more money in parts than I did for the car lol.

WGJP (02-19-2021)
Old 02-19-2021, 06:43 PM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
And lots of these
Haha. A small air filtration system that runs off of a solar panel might be better.

Old 02-19-2021, 06:47 PM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Originally Posted by JackMac
2006 Royal Grey JCW Slicktop, matching roof, 65k miles, Chrono, H/K, full set of toggles, one family since new

With the right wheels and an aero kit, it could look amazing ...

You had to post the picture with the aero kit lol. Now I want it! If only I knew someone with a brand new aero kit... 😉....that was for sale 🤦‍♂️

WGJP (02-19-2021)
Old 02-19-2021, 06:59 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
Originally Posted by krawzdogg
You had to post the picture with the aero kit lol. Now I want it! If only I knew someone with a brand new aero kit... 😉....that was for sale 🤦‍♂️
Me first lol. Royal grey, one of the nicest colors.

WGJP (02-19-2021)
Old 02-20-2021, 06:56 AM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
Received 189 Likes on 115 Posts

This one was built just 360 cars before my red '06 JCW... But the grey one doesn't show the 3AL package code on the build sheet, just the 2TA limited slip code. Not that it's stopping me from wanting this car! But thought it curious since the owner's son noted that his father ordered it, so it would seem odd on a 2006 to have a dealer installed JCW kit during that time period, no? Missing badges too. But regardless, great car, thanks for posting.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:40 AM
RB-MINI
6th Gear
Received 507 Likes on 419 Posts
It’s hard to tell from the pics, but it doesn’t look like it has JCW brakes which came with Factory built JCW’s, so unless the brakes were changed or are not red anymore, there’s more to the story.

Chamberlin1 (02-20-2021)
Old 02-20-2021, 04:59 PM
greystone
3rd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RB-MINI
It’s hard to tell from the pics, but it doesn’t look like it has JCW brakes which came with Factory built JCW’s, so unless the brakes were changed or are not red anymore, there’s more to the story.
Did only the 2006 JCWs come with bigger brakes? The earlier cars were dealer installed option, right?

Old 02-20-2021, 05:16 PM
JackMac
6th Gear
The 2006 factory JCW included mechanical LSD, JCW brakes, and JCW tuning kit (210 hp)

The Royal Greg car looks to have the dealer installed tuning kit and factory LSD. Still a nice slicktop in a rare color.

greystone (02-20-2021)
Old 02-20-2021, 05:45 PM
RB-MINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by greystone
Did only the 2006 JCWs come with bigger brakes? The earlier cars were dealer installed option, right?
Yes, only Factory JCW's came with the brakes, 2006 for R53 and 2006-2008 for R52 S. Prior to that, JCW brakes were an accessory.

LSD was available separately starting with MY 2005. Maybe the Royal Grey car was originally planned to be ordered with the JCW package, but for some reason it wasn't as shown by the VIN specs.

As posted above, it's still a JCW slick top, just not a "Factory" JCW. If everything checks out with the car, the brakes can easily be upgraded for minimal cost so I wouldn't let that stop the purchase.

The following 2 users liked this post by RB-MINI:
greystone (02-21-2021), mountainhorse (02-20-2021)
Old 02-20-2021, 05:59 PM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
Received 189 Likes on 115 Posts
The 2006 factory JCW included mechanical LSD, JCW brakes, and JCW tuning kit (210 hp)
The Royal Greg car looks to have the dealer installed tuning kit and factory LSD. Still a nice slicktop in a rare color.
Originally Posted by RB-MINI
Yes, only Factory JCW's came with the brakes, 2006 for R53 and 2006-2008 for R52 S. Prior to that, JCW brakes were an accessory.
LSD was available separately starting with MY 2005. Maybe the Royal Grey car was originally planned to be ordered with the JCW package, but for some reason it wasn't as shown by the VIN specs.
As posted above, it's still a JCW slick top, just not a "Factory" JCW. If everything checks out with the car, the brakes can easily be upgraded for minimal cost so I wouldn't let that stop the purchase.
Thanks for the JCW info guys; I just realized that about the brakes not being red myself after looking at the photos on a monitor instead of a cell phone! But at least that makes more sense now as to why the JCW package isn't listed on the build sheet. Is there a quick way to identify the JCW head being installed? I'll be looking at the car tomorrow morning if it's still available (waiting to hear back). He did send me some recent service records (OEM harmonic balancer replacement being the stand out, which apparently caused CEL when the original failed). Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have any records from his father's ownership. A dealer "PPI" indicates that the car needs suspension overhaul, motor mounts, power steering lines, and coolant system overhaul at the very least. If the body and cosmetics are good though, I'm not at all worried about the mechanicals - I love doing that stuff. NM and AZ car its whole life, so just gotta check for sun damage really. Wish me luck!

Old 02-20-2021, 06:01 PM
mountainhorse
6th Gear
Received 316 Likes on 231 Posts
Lightbulb Like Minds

Originally Posted by Noonzio
First investment was a new set of tires and a refurbishing of the wheels.
Then it'll be: oil change, coolant change (with new tank), new spark plugs and leads, new JCW air filter, full JCW brake upgrade (with Akebono ceramics all round) and brake fluid flush, new front JCW badge, new antenna, 12mm wheel spacers and extended bolts, new wheel center caps, new interior mats, new gear shift ****, custom 3 spoke steering wheel with red stitching (and airbag and MFSW controls), WMW strut brace, WMW 17% supercharger reduction pulley (with smaller belt), WMW Quicktune, bigger WMW rear sway bar, and finally, if I actually have the ***** to do it, a full set of Championship Red Lounge Leather sets from an R56, to replace the 18 year old leatherette . . which is still perfect! All original parts will be kept, just in case I ever do decide to sell it - which I am not planning on doing, ever.
Though I keep 'tweaking' the spec.... Mine will be similar on strictly street driven 2006 PW/Bk JCW.

Wondering about the WMW tune... any experience with it?

12mm spacers?? How is that on clearing fenders/liners at full compression in the full-arc swing of the steering with normal camber?

All the maintenance you've listed.. an will get the upgrade to the ATI overdrive balancer that with the factory JCW ... And re-seal/gasket all the normal problem areas.
Clutch is still good on mine... but when it needs it... will get a factory dual mass and WaveTrac installed. Of course, fuel filter, injector cleaned and flow checked/matched, and full cooling system flush, trans service and SC service.

I've got the factory spoiler painted a match to a very close CR SW900 Vinyl for the roof.. CF hood Scoop, mirrors and tailgate handle.
Piano Black dash and door card 'circles' and a stunning set of 2008 Redwood-Lounge leather heated seats.

I'm not a fan of the Aero package... but may use the black honeycomb upper grille on the standard bumper with the std mid 'grille" painted black with the bar done in JCW-CR. I'd like to paint the side skirts to match the PW but keep the black wheel well and bumper trims.

Black with red pin hood stripes (R56 JCW style).

R98's... new, as the refurb costs nearly as much as new... when I factor in selling the existing ones. Shod them with some Nitto NeoGens... love them for balance of performance, 3 season use and great traction (beyond MY limit)... 'Winter' will get set of 16" factory twin-spokes with some Vredestein Quatrac tires.

Zero lowering for me as I feel it detracts from performance on a street driven car in the real world of D2D driving... and saves on damage to the car. So... Koni FSD's with the same WMW rear sway bar. I saw a super HD front skid plate somewhere a while back for the R53's in FB group or something... would like to go with that.

Factory JCW brakes completely gone through with new master and full caliper rebuilds as this is the most important thing on a car IMO. I have new shifter cables and the craven shifter busing that I'll install.

I've not tried the Akebono pads... how do you like them? What rotors do you use?

New 5K Osram HID bulbs.... 80w 5000K Osram High beams... Super high output GTR LED's in the fog position, LASFIT 28W LEDs on the turns, GTR reverse bulbs in the taillights, 3rd brake light gets a pulse-module and add another bright LED in the fog lamp position with clear early model reverse housing. R56 LED driving lights using the switch in the toggle panel for the rear fog as trigger

3M Crystalline tint: 40% on rear 3 70% on the doors/Windshield... Some PDR on the body and repaint on the hood/bumper (insurance).... 9H Ceramic and PPF full on hood/bumper etc.

Looking for a nicely done steering wheel...and like some of the offerings from Guardian Designs ... perf and smooth leather, round, with triple red stitching and no noon marker... CF trims.

Stereo... I like the looks of the factory... the HK works well, will do 2Ω DVC Kicker Comp R subs in the rear sides, and some nice matched, HK compatible 2Ω fronts also... I heard this setup last year... felt it was best bang for bux... and use AUX input for BT or hardwire for music/phone source. Sure there are audiophile systems with big subs in the back.. but that basic upgrade got to 90% of 'audiophile' IMO... with a stealth stock look and used the factory HK amp which is well matched to the factory head-unit.

She's got 100k 'soft' miles... and will last till I'm dead giving me lots of smiles.

Have the rest of the 'stable' sold... will keep R56 and R53... and will be very similar to each other. I have a nice set of Advan RS2's and BBS cross spokes.. both pretty darn light... but the style of the factory wheels is just pretty darn hard to beat IMO... Although the Sparco Terra 16" for the 'winter' tires does look pretty 'tough"

*Maybe, if I can find a nice set... R95's with some P-Zero 220 stickies on em for fun twisties.

Last edited by mountainhorse; 02-20-2021 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:15 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Chamberlin1
Thanks for the JCW info guys; I just realized that about the brakes not being red myself after looking at the photos on a monitor instead of a cell phone! But at least that makes more sense now as to why the JCW package isn't listed on the build sheet. Is there a quick way to identify the JCW head being installed? I'll be looking at the car tomorrow morning if it's still available (waiting to hear back). He did send me some recent service records (OEM harmonic balancer replacement being the stand out, which apparently caused CEL when the original failed). Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have any records from his father's ownership. A dealer "PPI" indicates that the car needs suspension overhaul, motor mounts, power steering lines, and coolant system overhaul at the very least. If the body and cosmetics are good though, I'm not at all worried about the mechanicals - I love doing that stuff. NM and AZ car its whole life, so just gotta check for sun damage really. Wish me luck!
The red dot maybe by the cylinder head

https://www.mwmracing.com.au/r53jcw

The following 2 users liked this post by Jonny:
Chamberlin1 (02-20-2021), mountainhorse (02-20-2021)
Old 02-20-2021, 06:23 PM
mountainhorse
6th Gear
Besides the general thought process among Porsche etc fans... has the R53 with a Sunroof actually been tested to show that it noticeably has more chassis flex than a slicktop, in this pretty darn stiff chassis.... all other things the same.

I've read on NAM threads that some claim to notice 'huge' differences slick/sunroof... but no 2 cars were setup identically, save the sunroof ... so I don't know if I believe them.

My previous lowered 'thrasher' with a set of AST 5100's... and stiff azz springs on it would routinely lift a corner when going down a country road... You'd think that the sunroof would crack or leak if it was flexing too much??

HMM>

Chamberlin1 (02-20-2021)
Old 02-20-2021, 06:29 PM
mountainhorse
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Noonzio
....if I actually have the ***** to do it, a full set of Championship Red Lounge Leather sets from an R56,
These??

Old 02-20-2021, 06:39 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
Old 02-20-2021, 06:44 PM
RB-MINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Chamberlin1
The only sure way would be to look at the exhaust ports, but a red (or green) dot was painted over a casting mark on the left front side of the head next to the part number. There should also be a number(serial?) punched in the head above that. The paint dots could be faked or gone from wear/cleaning though. I would say if everything else looks legit and it has the extra punched number in the head it's probably safe to assume it's a genuine JCW head.

Lights on the failure of the crank pulley is common as the alternator and supercharger stops spinning when it breaks. You want to make sure the motor didn''t overheat because the water pump also stops when the crank pulley fails.

If you get the car, I would check to see if the inspection/recall was done for the power steering, and also the recall for the passenger seat occupancy sensor.

Chamberlin1 (02-20-2021)
Old 02-20-2021, 07:00 PM
JackMac
6th Gear
The PS recall does not extend to the 2006 cars unfortunately. Leaking PS lines are very common, along with the motor mounts. Not surprised if the coolant system needs attention being an AZ car.

Any time you are buying a 15 year old car, it’s good to also budget for new fluids, filters, belts, etc.

Agree, if the paintwork is clean then this is a good one to grab. Good luck @Chamberlin1

Last edited by JackMac; 02-20-2021 at 07:09 PM.
Chamberlin1 (02-20-2021)

Quick Reply: FS:: Good Deals on CL