MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: Good Deals on CL

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 03:20 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
Received 458 Likes on 339 Posts

Year: 2006
Make: MINI
Model: Hardtop
Price: $1
Mileage: 100
Color: red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern

Originally Posted by Chamberlin1
Thanks for that one @krawzdogg ! I hadn't even thought to check out our own classifieds section lately, with all the crazy cars coming through here!

Just a quick heads up, I got some more pics from the other S.D. BRG JCW guy, and I think the engine bay shot alone has me sold....I know *clean* isn't representative of perfect running condition, but I sure do appreciate a sterile engine bay! This one is minty...looks better than my red one even. It's the first time I've seen an engine bay shot cleaner than the rest of the car! Bottom line, I will be talking to him this evening over the phone...

@lotter1 I didn't realize you were in Tucson also??? Damn mobile version doesn't show location unless you go looking for it on a user. OK, so the current situation is that I have a possible buyer for the RG in NorCal, somebody who was originally interested in my red JCW. I stayed in contact with her all this time. She's considering driving down to L.A. to buy the RG if we go to S.D to pick up the BRG. I'm a little concerned though, taking a car that's new to me on a 600+ mile trip without doing my usual $5000 overhaul (LOL). I'd obviously prefer to sell it local (if I decide to go this route) if not just so the buyer can inspect the car and know what's what... I guess the worst that happens is that she doesn't buy it, and my buddy and I have a great RG/BRG race home on I-10! But I just wanted to let you know that I've got you in mind if you're seriously interested, but she's been looking for the right car for months and is at wits end, so if I can make this work for both of us I think the karma would be pleased. Again, this is all assuming I decide to do this after talking to BRG #1 this evening, and my wife doesn't hire a contract killer to snuff me out. You guys have no idea what I put this poor woman through over the last 10 years!
I’m confused, I thought greystone was loading that SD BRG on a truck this week. Are we talking about two different cars, or did I mis understand his post. Too much mini buying action going on here lol. SD meaning San Diego...or South Dakota.

Last edited by Jonny; 02-24-2021 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:31 PM
lotter1
4th Gear
Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts
Thanks for that one @krawzdogg ! I hadn't even thought to check out our own classifieds section lately, with all the crazy cars coming through here!

Just a quick heads up, I got some more pics from the other S.D. BRG JCW guy, and I think the engine bay shot alone has me sold....I know *clean* isn't representative of perfect running condition, but I sure do appreciate a sterile engine bay! This one is minty...looks better than my red one even. It's the first time I've seen an engine bay shot cleaner than the rest of the car! Bottom line, I will be talking to him this evening over the phone...

@lotter1 I didn't realize you were in Tucson also??? Damn mobile version doesn't show location unless you go looking for it on a user. OK, so the current situation is that I have a possible buyer for the RG in NorCal, somebody who was originally interested in my red JCW. I stayed in contact with her all this time. She's considering driving down to L.A. to buy the RG if we go to S.D to pick up the BRG. I'm a little concerned though, taking a car that's new to me on a 600+ mile trip without doing my usual $5000 overhaul (LOL). I'd obviously prefer to sell it local (if I decide to go this route) if not just so the buyer can inspect the car and know what's what... I guess the worst that happens is that she doesn't buy it, and my buddy and I have a great RG/BRG race home on I-10! But I just wanted to let you know that I've got you in mind if you're seriously interested, but she's been looking for the right car for months and is at wits end, so if I can make this work for both of us I think the karma would be pleased. Again, this is all assuming I decide to do this after talking to BRG #1 this evening, and my wife doesn't hire a contract killer to snuff me out. You guys have no idea what I put this poor woman through over the last 10 years!

@Chamberlin1 yeah, we are practically neighbors! I get the karma. See what the lady in CA says. Seeing that you were being so quite, I almost had myself convinced to go get the one on Boulton this weekend, but my poor wife, like yours has put up with a lot! 2 trucks, 2 bikes, R53 and a 1966 classic! If looks could kill, I would not be typing this right now. Good luck with BRG.

The following users liked this post:
Chamberlin1 (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 03:37 PM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
Received 189 Likes on 115 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Jonny
I’m confused, I thought greystone was loading that SD BRG on a truck this week. Are we talking about two different cars, or did I mis understand his post. Too much mini buying action going on here lol. SD meaning San Diego...or South Dakota.
LOL Jonny, definitely hard to keep up, totally understand!

I just got a Royal Grey in Phoenix on Sunday (I live in Tucson), but you guys generously posted up a nice BRG JCW in San Diego 48 hours later...which I'm now (insanely) contemplating. Then krawzdogg linked Tom's BRG from the NAM classifieds today, which is also in San Diego. If there's anything going with a BRG in S. Dakota, I'm not involved! Yet.

Old 02-24-2021, 03:42 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
LOL Jonny, definitely hard to keep up, totally understand!

I just got a Royal Grey in Phoenix on Sunday (I live in Tucson), but you guys generously posted up a nice BRG JCW in San Diego 48 hours later...which I'm now (insanely) contemplating. Then krawzdogg linked Tom's BRG from the NAM classifieds today, which is also in San Diego. If there's anything going with a BRG in S. Dakota, I'm not involved! Yet.
Yeah, I posted that, but I thought greystone was loading that up, did he not commit? Either way glad someone here will probably be driving it home. BTW if the wife is about to beat you to death, your RG could easily be as nice or nicer than any JCW listed here lately. Mainly wheels and some other bits, a beautiful low mile RG, you really can’t do much better. I guess the BRG is your weak spot eh?

Last edited by Jonny; 02-24-2021 at 03:48 PM.
Chamberlin1 (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 03:44 PM
lotter1
4th Gear
Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts
I believe greystone picked the one in Reno NV(RG) up, and is shipping that out east

mountainhorse (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 03:54 PM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
BTW if the wife is about to beat you to death, your RG could easily be as nice or nicer than any JCW listed here lately. Mainly wheels and some other bits, a beautiful low mile RG, you really can’t do much better. I guess the BRG is your weak spot eh?
Yes indeed, I've had 26 BMWs, and I think 13 of them were dark green metallic...definite weak spot! But you are definitely correct, the RG MINI with the dealer JCW kit is a very nice diamond in the rough, and if the SoCal BRG's don't work out, I won't lose any sleep.... slick-top, low miles, new tires, new battery, monochrome rare color, no mods etc... just like you and I like to get 'em for refreshing and refurbing.

Old 02-24-2021, 04:02 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
Yes indeed, I've had 26 BMWs, and I think 13 of them were dark green metallic...definite weak spot! But you are definitely correct, the RG MINI with the dealer JCW kit is a very nice diamond in the rough, and if the SoCal BRG's don't work out, I won't lose any sleep.... slick-top, low miles, new tires, new battery, monochrome rare color, no mods etc... just like you and I like to get 'em for refreshing and refurbing.
Yup, nothing better than a blank palette. I woulda grabbed monochrome if I had the choice, but atleast black roof and mirrors look fine on HB. You’re fine with either car...really.

Old 02-24-2021, 04:08 PM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts
Hey just a heads up on the BRG JCW listed for $8500 (so we don’t get them confused lol). My friend has been looking at it and sending me pictures since he’s concerned about a few things. The car definitely looks like it’s been tracked or driven very hard based on these tire pictures. I’m not sure what’s going on with this paint either, but could be rust. Also, he said the new owner just bought a new corvette and is pretty clueless about cars. I guess he’s only done 1 oil change in the 4 years he’s owned it. Hopefully this helps you make a decision and not make your decision harder lol. Figured I would just relay the information. If you really want a BRG JCW, I know of a flawless super low mileage one for sale, even though it’s not listed for sale, but it’s not cheap.

Chamberlin1 (02-25-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 04:21 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
Yeah maybe tracked tires, little bit of camouflage touch up...oops got some on the wheel molding. Not the end of the world, but cause for serious negotiation, or pass. Tracked cars always give me hesitation, lots to prep and maintain to not inflict pain.

Old 02-24-2021, 04:30 PM
WGJP
3rd Gear
Received 91 Likes on 75 Posts
But if you sold the CR JCW, bought the RG, then middleman the RG to the MRS in NC so that you can buy the SD BRG...OMG, wait where was I going with this?... Oh yeah, will you really be happy with the SD BRG?!
Or... do you constantly need 2B in the hunt for that perfect BRG R53?

With NV, good luck, my friend! At least you are keeping us all entertained.

Last edited by WGJP; 02-24-2021 at 06:53 PM.
Chamberlin1 (02-25-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 06:04 PM
mountainhorse
6th Gear
Received 316 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by lotter1
I believe greystone picked the one in Reno NV(RG) up, and is shipping that out east
well bought !!

Old 02-24-2021, 07:14 PM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
Originally Posted by krawzdogg
Hey just a heads up on the BRG JCW listed for $8500 (so we don’t get them confused lol). My friend has been looking at it and sending me pictures since he’s concerned about a few things. The car definitely looks like it’s been tracked or driven very hard based on these tire pictures. I’m not sure what’s going on with this paint either, but could be rust. Also, he said the new owner just bought a new corvette and is pretty clueless about cars. I guess he’s only done 1 oil change in the 4 years he’s owned it. Hopefully this helps you make a decision and not make your decision harder lol. Figured I would just relay the information. If you really want a BRG JCW, I know of a flawless super low mileage one for sale, even though it’s not listed for sale, but it’s not cheap.

I talked to him tonight about all that stuff as well.... I will report more tomorrow, but the car seems great, I just can't make things line up here at home with my wife. If it was a tit for tat 'Carvana' transaction it wouldn't be a problem, but the logistics involved have unfortunately put too much of a strain on us and I've decided to pass on the factory BRG JCW.

Search isn't over though; just gotta wait it out until we're better settled late in the year. Tell me more about this minty high dollar BRG... I'll start saving -

The following 2 users liked this post by Chamberlin1:
mountainhorse (02-24-2021), WGJP (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 07:47 PM
WGJP
3rd Gear
Received 91 Likes on 75 Posts
I talked to him tonight about all that stuff as well.... I will report more tomorrow, but the car seems great, I just can't make things line up here at home with my wife. If it was a tit for tat 'Carvana' transaction it wouldn't be a problem, but the logistics involved have unfortunately put too much of a strain on us and I've decided to pass on the factory BRG JCW.

Search isn't over though; just gotta wait it out until we're better settled late in the year. Tell me more about this minty high dollar BRG... I'll start saving -
Sorry to hear. Maybe you could wire him a deposit/full funds and your wanna be RG lady in NorCal could swing down and pick the BRG up in San Diego, drive it to you in AZ and drive your/her RG home from there. She'd certainly be motivated to do that, I'd think? Your own personal Carvana.

But of course, you've probably already considered numerous scenarios... Good luck.

Chamberlin1 (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 08:12 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
Originally Posted by mountainhorse
well bought !!

yeah that one slipped by me with all the action going on here, BATs got nothing on us. That was definitely a great price for that if it’s clean as the pics and relevant PM has been done. minus a clutch or SC, really can’t go wrong at that price. the one Krawzdog has a line on sounds like it could be a gem. pretty sure here knows the exact location of every mint 1st gen JCW in the country lol.

Old 02-25-2021, 12:38 AM
Alex_
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WGJP
@krawzdogg Did you have any luck connecting with this guy with info I sent?

Listing is still active. https://shreveport.craigslist.org/ct...237913584.html
This one is back on the market! Though with quite a price hike.
https://www.catoctinautomotivegroup....cooper/d94463/

What would you say are the risks with that mileage?
I've been searching for a while now, I'm torn between waiting for the perfect one, or settling with nice enough.

Old 02-25-2021, 04:22 AM
greystone
3rd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by WGJP
"So much uncertainty and risk"...mainly because you are buying it sight unseen? Or risks because of issues/needs you are aware of with the car? Hopefully, you did a thorough video walkaround and are planning to do a PPI.
Sight unseen car, shipping it 2600 miles, not being able to drive it myself before purchase are the variables. I was able to get a local family member to give it a once over and sort the paperwork, will update in a week or two when it gets dropped off. There's plenty of room in the price to cover issues and inevitable maintenance, working on a rust free car will be so very refreshing.

WGJP (02-25-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 06:43 AM
smylekids
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MINI COOPER JCW GP 2006
$22.5k 62,500 miles

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...282520231.html

Old 02-25-2021, 06:57 AM
greystone
3rd Gear
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by smylekids
MINI COOPER JCW GP 2006
$22.5k 62,500 miles

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...282520231.html

Ugh, the CL listing is so SHOUTY and grandiose, I don't think I could deal with that seller. But one owner car makes it pretty tempting.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:13 AM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
yeah that one slipped by me with all the action going on here, BATs got nothing on us. That was definitely a great price for that if it’s clean as the pics and relevant PM has been done. minus a clutch or SC, really can’t go wrong at that price. the one Krawzdog has a line on sounds like it could be a gem. pretty sure here knows the exact location of every mint 1st gen JCW in the country lol.
Yea the BRG R53 JCW I know about is a gem. It’s definitely one of the cleanest cars I’ve seen in awhile. It doesn’t have the right options I’m looking for though. Super low miles. It’s not cheap, but you usually get what you pay for. I do know about a lot of mint r53 JCWs. I actually keep a list of who owns them, where they are located and the details on each car. I have a lot of people contact me if they are considering selling theirs or if they are looking for something specific and want to know if I know where to find one. Maybe I should start a business 🤔 lol.

Chamberlin1 (02-25-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 08:15 AM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Originally Posted by greystone
Ugh, the CL listing is so SHOUTY and grandiose, I don't think I could deal with that seller. But one owner car makes it pretty tempting.
Grandiose....actually had to look that one up..lol...this forum even improves my vocabulary!

Last edited by krawzdogg; 02-25-2021 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:22 AM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Alex_
This one is back on the market! Though with quite a price hike.
https://www.catoctinautomotivegroup....cooper/d94463/

What would you say are the risks with that mileage?
I've been searching for a while now, I'm torn between waiting for the perfect one, or settling with nice enough.
That car sold well over a month ago. For some reason he doesn’t remove sold cars from the website.

There’s not that many risks with high mileage. I think for most of us looking though, we realize Mini probably won’t make another new car that we actually want. So being able to buy a super low mileage, rust free, well maintained, r53 or r56 is worth the extra money.

What are you looking for?

greystone (02-25-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 08:37 AM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Originally Posted by greystone
Sight unseen car, shipping it 2600 miles, not being able to drive it myself before purchase are the variables. I was able to get a local family member to give it a once over and sort the paperwork, will update in a week or two when it gets dropped off. There's plenty of room in the price to cover issues and inevitable maintenance, working on a rust free car will be so very refreshing.
I’m in the same boat. I bought a 13 JCW a month ago sight unseen. All I had was pictures. It was 2700 miles away too. I couldn’t pass it up for the price even knowing that the entire front end is going to need a respray to bring it up to my standards. I should hopefully be receiving it Monday, 5 weeks after I bought it. Shipping has been super slow the past month with the crazy weather and the car had to make a pit stop at my friends since he sold me his set of Recaros.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:47 AM
JackMac
6th Gear
Received 310 Likes on 222 Posts
I do know about a lot of mint r53 JCWs. I actually keep a list of who owns them, where they are located and the details on each car ... Maybe I should start a business 🤔 lol.
Find me a clean Pepper White R53 in 2021 and we’ll talk lol.

Old 02-25-2021, 09:00 AM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
You’ll be the first to know if I find one. For some reason that’s one of the hardest colors to find even though it’s my favorite.
I had a 05 S in pepper white years ago. I wonder where it is now.... lol 🤔

Old 02-25-2021, 09:40 AM
Jonny
5th Gear
You’ll be the first to know if I find one. For some reason that’s one of the hardest colors to find even though it’s my favorite.
I had a 05 S in pepper white years ago. I wonder where it is now.... lol 🤔
Pepperwhiteanthraciteenglishleather...who wouldn’t like that.

Quick Reply: FS:: Good Deals on CL