MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: Mini Cooper GP - JCW 2006 - #631

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 04:43 AM
variant45
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
(SOLD) Mini Cooper GP - JCW 2006 - #631

Year: 2006
Make: MINI
Model: Coupe
Price: $16500
Mileage: 70600
Color: blue/gray
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast

(SOLD)

Car is in Raleigh, NC. This car is number 631 out of a limited run of 2000 worldwide. 415 of these were brought into the U.S. in 2006. They are rare and getting harder to find in great shape. Superchaged 1.6L engine, 6-speed manual transmission.

It is a two-owner car and has been kept garaged since new. From the factory with the JCW GP package.... engine and ECU upgrades, rear seats delete, rear windshield wiper delete, GP badging, etc.

It has the original wheels with Pirelli runflat tires in good condition as you see in one of the photos. As the car is shown in the photos it also the car comes with a set R84 Mini X-light wheels with Falken summer tires on them. The car has never been raced or autocrossed, I just liked the ride of the higher-profile tires. I am selling the car with both sets of wheels and tires.

The car runs, shifts, and drives with no issues. No accidents or body damage. Original paint. There are a few paint chips on the lower edge of the hood and right above the windshield that have been repaired but the paint is in excellent condition overall. There was a small rock chip in the lower middle portion of the windshield which was repaired by Safelight. I couldn't get it to show up in any photos. I'm mentioning these things as I don't want someone to take the time to come see the car and be surprised by some repaired paint chips.

The car has the original floor mats, which are hard to come by, and they are in great shape. It has an aftermarket strut tower brace, which is the only modification to the car from stock.

I have most of the service records for it. I have the original window sticker and the JCW certificate of authenticity. All the original documents will be included in the sale.

Battery and brakes and rotors all 2 years old or less. AC blows cold, radio and cd player work well as do power mirrors, heated seats, cruise control etc. It also comes with the original handbooks and marketing materials from MINI.

The last photo below shows it with the OEM wheels.

Last edited by variant45; 08-31-2020 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Sale pending
Old 08-26-2020, 06:11 AM
Rich B.
4th Gear
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
I am always amazed how wheels change the look of the whole car. IMO, I'd get the OEM set back on the car...would look much more appealing. Good luck with the sale!

Old 08-26-2020, 06:22 AM
variant45
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I added a photo with the OEM wheels.

Thanks,

Scott

Old 08-26-2020, 07:27 PM
SydeShowJoe
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Beautiful Car!!! I would love a GP variant!! But I need the back seats.

which brings me to the next question... has anyone ever put rear seats into a GP? Or is it easier to turn a JCW into a GP performance wise?

Old 08-27-2020, 06:04 AM
Super Coop
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by SydeShowJoe
Beautiful Car!!! I would love a GP variant!! But I need the back seats.

which brings me to the next question... has anyone ever put rear seats into a GP? Or is it easier to turn a JCW into a GP performance wise?
I've seen GPs with rear seats posted for sale in the past. You'll need a seat, rear side panels, probably seat belts, and a few other things. If you can find a wreck it shouldn't be too expensive to do. Turning an R53 JCW into a GP REPLICA would be very costly due to the myriad parts required such as the wing, side skirts, wheels, etc.

Old 08-28-2020, 05:43 AM
Rich B.
4th Gear
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
My limited knowledge of the GP1 and the factory JCW of 2006 are that they shared many common components aside from the obvious. I do believe the engines are mechanically the same with the GP having a slightly different tune.

Old 08-28-2020, 11:13 PM
SydeShowJoe
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rich B.
My limited knowledge of the GP1 and the factory JCW of 2006 are that they shared many common components aside from the obvious. I do believe the engines are mechanically the same with the GP having a slightly different tune.

thanks Rich!! That’s more in line with what I was thinking. I recognize the physical appearance of looking like a GP would be costly. But performance wise... I would think a few tweaks and tunes and a JCW would be pretty close.

in my mind, I think the JCW is the more cost effective buy. But then again, nothing replaces the shear rarity of a GP and it’s possible in 5-10 years, a well kept variant would pull double what it’s worth today.